Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.
Forum rules
This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 03:18

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by thedarkfinder » 27 Jul 2009, 04:56

What long term economy? This is a test server. It is nothing more then a test server. Money and exp should come fast and easy. exp should be the main concern now. The economy should only be a concern when this game hits alpha. And long term planning should only happen when you hit beta.

There is no economy. People who are playing for a economy are forgetting that this is a test server. Made to test the game. This why there should be a monthly character wipe.
User avatar
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 3154
Joined: 08 Sep 2004, 20:48
Location: Espoo, Finland

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Rotonen » 27 Jul 2009, 08:03

It began as something just to test the client. Then there grew a community.

We deemed the community nice enough of an aspect to care. Now we're trying to put in some work to make the testing environment a bit more sensible. This is not a priority, though, just something to show a bit that we actually care about our community.
This message used to be meaningful.
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice
Posts: 171
Joined: 10 Mar 2009, 16:13

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Inkweaver » 27 Jul 2009, 14:44

thedarkfinder wrote:What long term economy? This is a test server. It is nothing more then a test server. Money and exp should come fast and easy. exp should be the main concern now. The economy should only be a concern when this game hits alpha. And long term planning should only happen when you hit beta.

There is no economy. People who are playing for a economy are forgetting that this is a test server. Made to test the game. This why there should be a monthly character wipe.
An economy isn't something that you can simply institute later. It takes years of careful planning and adjustment to make the economy work. That's why I think it is best to start as soon as possible, even if that means starting in pre-release.
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Jaxad0127 » 27 Jul 2009, 16:12

Gouki wrote:HOLD ON.

The MAIN server where we all play,...is just a test server? o.O
The main server is pre-alpha.
Image
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 03:18

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by thedarkfinder » 27 Jul 2009, 22:17

Inkweaver wrote:An economy isn't something that you can simply institute later. It takes years of careful planning and adjustment to make the economy work. That's why I think it is best to start as soon as possible, even if that means starting in pre-release.
Inkweaver, I think you might want to set down. I have some bad news for you. In the next few weeks and months, there is going to be a character reset. Your items, characters, money, and economy are going to thrown away. Every thing that has been the bases your economy will be gone. Every item in the game is going to become insane to buy or sell.

Now, if that reset does not happen, when we move to the tmwserver, there will be a massive reset, because the old characters will not survive. So, before we go to alpha, your economy will be thrown away.

But lets say that for some reason we somehow manage to keep the economy, despite the items that it will be based on will be gone. By then, you will not have to do a quest for the steel shield, you go to the store and buy it. That means and infantry helmet will lose thousands of dollars.

Your long term economy only works if the people, items, and reasons for selling remain long term.

We are looking at a reset in a few months and a massive reset in a year or two.

Your economy does not exist.
User avatar
Goku
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 925
Joined: 15 Feb 2009, 01:57

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Goku » 27 Jul 2009, 22:22

It began as something just to test the client. Then there grew a community.

We deemed the community nice enough of an aspect to care. Now we're trying to put in some work to make the testing environment a bit more sensible. This is not a priority, though, just something to show a bit that we actually care about our community.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
User avatar
Jaxad0127
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser
Posts: 4209
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 18:35
Location: Internet

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Jaxad0127 » 27 Jul 2009, 23:51

thedarkfinder wrote:Now, if that reset does not happen, when we move to the tmwserver, there will be a massive reset, because the old characters will not survive. So, before we go to alpha, your economy will be thrown away.
We plan to leave eAthena running as long as people are willing to play it. We won't add new content or fix bugs for it, though (might not even have GMs).
Image
User avatar
Goku
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 925
Joined: 15 Feb 2009, 01:57

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Goku » 28 Jul 2009, 01:08

I think alot of people are going to be relieved. :P
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 03:18

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by thedarkfinder » 28 Jul 2009, 02:08

jaxad0127 wrote: We plan to leave eAthena running as long as people are willing to play it. We won't add new content or fix bugs for it, though (might not even have GMs).
Good to know. But with no new content and possibly no gms, the economy will still crash as more and more people are moving to the new server.
User avatar
Goku
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 925
Joined: 15 Feb 2009, 01:57

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Goku » 28 Jul 2009, 03:37

So there's going to be a long term economy after all.. :lol:
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice
Posts: 171
Joined: 10 Mar 2009, 16:13

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Inkweaver » 28 Jul 2009, 04:21

thedarkfinder wrote: Inkweaver, I think you might want to set down. I have some bad news for you. In the next few weeks and months, there is going to be a character reset. Your items, characters, money, and economy are going to thrown away. Every thing that has been the bases your economy will be gone. Every item in the game is going to become insane to buy or sell.

Now, if that reset does not happen, when we move to the tmwserver, there will be a massive reset, because the old characters will not survive. So, before we go to alpha, your economy will be thrown away.

But lets say that for some reason we somehow manage to keep the economy, despite the items that it will be based on will be gone. By then, you will not have to do a quest for the steel shield, you go to the store and buy it. That means and infantry helmet will lose thousands of dollars.

Your long term economy only works if the people, items, and reasons for selling remain long term.

We are looking at a reset in a few months and a massive reset in a year or two.

Your economy does not exist.
I understand that there will be a reset. It only makes sense. However, at least we can experiment with different drops, different drop rates, and different money sinks now.

I say the economy is just the set of variables of drop rates, the different stores, and NPC's. Fine-tuning these parameters doesn't have to wait until TMWserver. I'm sure a lot will change when we switch to the next server, including the loss of items, but at least we will have more practice, and more idea of what to expect.

Just my thoughts. I mean I don't see any reason to let inflation happen now when we can experiment with different ways of controlling it.
thedarkfinder
Novice
Novice
Posts: 136
Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 03:18

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by thedarkfinder » 28 Jul 2009, 05:26

inkweaver, I agree, but I think the bat wing drop rate has very thing to do with the magic money sink. It takes alot of money to make a mage, there for higher drop rates
Inkweaver
Novice
Novice
Posts: 171
Joined: 10 Mar 2009, 16:13

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Inkweaver » 28 Jul 2009, 18:10

Yeah, the only thing I can think of is make the bats so that certain people such as mages and low levels in need of money can kill them, but others cant.

Basically, make it so that the ones that need money can kill them, but the ones that don't cant. I don't know quite how this would work. Perhaps the bats would have to be attacked with magic, but would be able to dodge melee attacks.
John P
Novice
Novice
Posts: 271
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 01:55

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by John P » 29 Jul 2009, 19:14

There should be no incentive for a level 40 person to hunt bats...
User avatar
Booth
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 872
Joined: 23 Jul 2008, 14:56
Location: Your mom's bed.

Re: Lower Bat Wing Droprate or Price at General Store!

Post by Booth » 29 Jul 2009, 21:36

lmao the price is fine, if you think the money is too high your definately wrong. You shoulda been here around the time we had to get 500 mil for the dyer then you would want that to be high, lol.
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Post Reply