BaseBallBoy's server unsafe, abusers banned

This forum is used to deal with abuse in game - abuse reports, bans etc.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

BaseBallBoy's server unsafe, abusers banned

Post by Bjørn »

A week ago we found an increasing amount of players complaining that their account had been hacked. Since so far there is no known hack that would allow you to gain access to somebody else's account, it almost had to be an unsafe server. Pretty soon it became clear that the people who had been hacked were using the same password on BaseBallBoy's server.

No matter how wrong this is in terms of securing your account, the people reponsible for the abuse have been blocked. These were:

KeeKeeKat
baseballboy
Abacus
bbbs rare bank
CallieBlair
Tametomo.

Accounts that were likely compromised but hadn't been using since the 16th of June were also banned. These players can contact me to get their password reset and regain access to their account:

Brazil
Food Stock
LV Donation Char (DDS)
MonkeyMule
Total Insanity
JoseRoberto
iCloud
Jana
SpitFire
Pan Tadeusz

There are some other suspect accounts, on which I'll be keeping an eye.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Re: BaseBallBoy's server unsafe, abusers banned

Post by Bjørn »

KeeKeeKat has been unbanned and I've given her money and items back that were stored on CallieBlair, on the grounds of her being the innocent grandmother of the two rascals who remain on probation (BaseBallBoy and Tametomo.).

A character called Rontae has been banned, since BaseBallBoy told me it was his.
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Tametomo., being BBB's brother, was unbanned.

The following characters had there password changed and are also unbanned now:

Food Stock
LV Donation Char (DDS)
sugarcorgit
Novice
Novice

Post by sugarcorgit »

bbb was in the game on the 29th of June, and so was his grandmothers char. He admitting in the faces of those he robbed he was sorry. But he did not give back the money and items he took. Regardless of how much I care about keekeekat, and I do. That IP has got to be banned. What kind of sick person makes a server to steal passwords? From those who enjoyed his company enough to actually go there to visit.

sad situation
sugarcorgit
doorsman
Warrior
Warrior

Post by doorsman »

KeeKeeKat as nothing to do with that matter. Regarding Basballboy other chars, they are all blocked now. I would like the players to stop accusing every person (as example) of a family to be robbers if only one had been found guilty. That's just common sense that apply as well in real life that it apply for a MMORPG.

Now, let's move on. We'll see what we can do with the return of the items/money. But don't expect a quick solution.

Thank you for your compregension and sorry for the inconvenients.
Still on freenode network #manacentral. On the Web at www.manacentral.net

Patience, Integrity and Truth. A harsh Reality...

doors
Bjørn
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bjørn »

Just to inform about how things stand now. I've decided not to unblock any of BBB's characters. However, he is allowed to create new characters and start from scratch. It's technically impossible to disallow him from doing this, and I don't think it's necessary. I hope his family will help with making sure he doesn't cause more problems, since the only way to stop him would be to ban them all.

This also means that BBB can not return any items, since he doesn't have access to them anymore. If anybody is still missing items that were stolen by BBB then I may return those when I can find them on any of BBB's banned characters.