player levels in the forums...

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

player levels in the forums...

Post by DonCBen »

This is my 44th post and I'm still "peon." How many does it take to be Novice??
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Habari
Novice
Novice

Re: player levels in the forums...

Post by Habari »

100 posts if im not wrong !!!

but please do NOT spam the forums in order to get a higher rank quickly.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

Oh, don't worry about spamming from me. I am not one to do something like that, I was just curious because I'm tired of seeing "peon" when I've been doing this for 4 or 5 months now :)

Thanks for the answer tho! Maybe I need to get involved in some more conversations!! At this rate, I'll have been here for a year before I make 2nd rank. :shock:

By the way, that avatar rocks!! I feel the same way :)
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

It is made for purpose. And this purpose is to prevent people from post whoring, to advance their ranks.

Regards.
Pixiebobs
Novice
Novice

Post by Pixiebobs »

Post Whoring ? :lol:
Breaking News: The Pity Train has just derailed at the intersection of Suck It Up & Move On, and crashed into We All Have Problems, before coming to a complete stop at Get The Heck Over It. Any complaints about how we operate can be forwarded to 1-800-WAA-WAAA. This is Dr. Sniffle reporting from Quitchur Bitchen
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

DonCBen wrote:Oh, don't worry about spamming from me. I am not one to do something like that, I was just curious because I'm tired of seeing "peon" when I've been doing this for 4 or 5 months now :)

Thanks for the answer tho! Maybe I need to get involved in some more conversations!! At this rate, I'll have been here for a year before I make 2nd rank. :shock:

By the way, that avatar rocks!! I feel the same way :)

About the avatar, i totally disagree LOL
Regards
DarkLord

Dark Lord, DarkLord* In Game and lvl 50 Image

And a beginner pixel-artist :D

Code: Select all

Code? What code?
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

I am starting to feel anti microsoft, and with IE being in that category, I now go with FireFox. I also want to move completely to linux systems, but haven't made it there yet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course :D
IMHO, microsoft is the main reason most computers have such viral issues, there are too many holes for malicious software/people. Of course, I know it's also a popularity thing. So many people attack windows, b/c that's what everyone has.

I wonder if this is about to turn into another topic completely... :mrgreen:

Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

DonCBen wrote:I am starting to feel anti microsoft, and with IE being in that category, I now go with FireFox. I also want to move completely to linux systems, but haven't made it there yet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course :D
IMHO, microsoft is the main reason most computers have such viral issues, there are too many holes for malicious software/people. Of course, I know it's also a popularity thing. So many people attack windows, b/c that's what everyone has.

Actually, Microsoft can't be that bad, the U.S.A. army, the Australian army, etc all use Windows XP to run their systems and hardly any software works on linux, especially games most are for Windows and sometimes for mac and windows but they're all mostly for windows. :p
Last edited by Dark Lord on 22 Jul 2009, 06:35, edited 1 time in total.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Dark Lord wrote:
DonCBen wrote:I am starting to feel anti microsoft, and with IE being in that category, I now go with FireFox. I also want to move completely to linux systems, but haven't made it there yet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course :D

Actually, Microsoft can't be that bad, the U.S.A. army, the Australian army, etc all use Windows XP to run their systems.
The US military is using Linux more and more. And it was a fault in XP that caused the British and French submarines to collide.
Dark Lord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark Lord »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Dark Lord wrote:

Actually, Microsoft can't be that bad, the U.S.A. army, the Australian army, etc all use Windows XP to run their systems.
The US military is using Linux more and more. And it was a fault in XP that caused the British and French submarines to collide.
Well there could be a fault in any operating system, and what military would be dumb enough to switch to linux when its just put together by a bunch of developers, its not actually a solid operating system.
.:age:.
Peon
Peon

Post by .:age:. »

Dark Lord wrote: Well there could be a fault in any operating system, and what military would be dumb enough to switch to linux when its just put together by a bunch of developers, its not actually a solid operating system.
That, actually depends on the distro. Redhat, for example is quite droolfully solid. Ubuntu is also fairly solid, for a Linux sell-out.
"The past often attacks the present with the pain of memories."
-Unknown
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Dark Lord wrote:Well there could be a fault in any operating system, and what military would be dumb enough to switch to linux when its just put together by a bunch of developers, its not actually a solid operating system.
And the difference is? Linux us far more solid than Windows. It's used more in high performance, high availability, embedded, etc, systems than Windows.
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

When's the last time someone hacked/coded a virus for a Linux system that lasted more than a couple days, if even that long? How about for Windows? Yesterday? Right now? I worked at a place that used windows one time, and it got hit so bad that we didn't get to do any work for 4 whole days. Also, I was in the US military, and the reason windows is working (decently) is that the whole system if firewalled so badly, that you can't even go to websites that are completely relevant most of the time without filling out paperwork and cutting "red-tape" for a month. And even then, a lot of programs are DOS based still, making them a little safer.

And as far as "any OS can have a problem" (referring to the sub marine crash): That's a profoundly large problem! It's not like it lost somebody's phone number, 2 submarines didn't know where each other were located and crashed. Once again, not a small issue.

Donnie B.

theboomboomcars
Peon
Peon

Post by theboomboomcars »

Dark Lord wrote:Well there could be a fault in any operating system, and what military would be dumb enough to switch to linux when its just put together by a bunch of developers, its not actually a solid operating system.
Isn't every operating system put together by a bunch of developers. I wouldn't want to use one put together by a bunch of slugs personally.

You should let google, amazon, the NY stock exchange, the London Stock exchange, and the 60% of the internet servers using Linux that it isn't solid enough and they should switch to something more stable. Since the London Stock exchange just switched to linux because of the problems they were having with Windows, I don't think they will believe you if you told them otherwise.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

The London Stock Exchange did not have problems with Windows, they had problems with the solution they had bought, which just happened to be build on top of Windows (which in this case worked rather properly). The competing solution they bought just happens to run on Linux. Learn to read your articles.

In military usage the OS does not really matter that much since all critical data is isolated from remote access (usually physically) and in embedded solutions you don't usually have an OS between the hardware and the software anyway.

Instead of concentrating on OS wars, compare solutions.
This message used to be meaningful.