The player behind the character

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Beelzebub
Peon
Peon

The player behind the character

Post by Beelzebub »

A topic to tell other players about yourself.

A clan I was in during a previous mmorpg had a similar topic on their forums and many found it quite enjoyable. I figured I would attempt to do the same thing in order to bring the community together even more. (I searched through both player talk and off topic and did not find a similar topic, if you find one please link to it.)

I will get it rolling. I'm 28 and my name is Jed, many of my friends call me Bub for various reasons. I graduated high school while I was living in my car and have taught myself everything I know about computers and graphic art (some of the graphic art techniques were learned through a friend who actually went to college). Currently I live in Englewood Colorado. I haul garbage, which has allowed me to build my many random pc's, I also do other various forms of manual labor to stay alive. I was born and raised on a ranch, the landlord allowed just about anyone who was down on their luck to live on the property. We had everything from Satanists, Catholics, Christians, moonshine swilling hillbillies and Native Americans living there, my parents were never short of babysitters. I absolutely love whiskey, horror films (especially zombie ones), any type of individual art and well thought out stories. I think that is enough for now... here are two photos of myself, one as a zombie during a film fund raiser and one in a suit at a wedding.
DrunkZombieBub.jpg
DrunkZombieBub.jpg (46.6 KiB) Viewed 927 times
DrunkBubSuit.jpg
DrunkBubSuit.jpg (12.77 KiB) Viewed 926 times
C'mon folk and tell some things about yourself... don't leave me hangin'.
Ereh Nwod Nuf Rof Sdik Tae Lla Ew
Goku
Knight
Knight

Re: The player behind the character

Post by Goku »

Most people call me Jay-R (the way I like to spell it, and it's sounded out that way), but it's mainly a nickname because i'm a Jr. (dad has same name).

Born in raised in Dallas, TX, USA. Graduated from High School a few months ago. Was headed off to community college but I got some financial aid so i'm going to UTD. School starts up pretty soon here, August 20 something lol, so less time for tmw. Some other things about me. Uhh I love sports. Basketball and Football, die hard fans of the Cowboys and Mavs. But i'll usually watch any other sport aswell. Well that's basically it. And oh yeah, I love to draw in real life and currently practicing my pixeling skills, unfortunately will be put on hold when college comes around. But that's about it!
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
Enchilado!
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Enchilado! »

Well...

I was born in a little town you almost certainly won't have heard of, it being far away to you Americans (it's in Australia, actually). I'm 15 and I ... er... well I read, and play a mmorpg called The Mana World. I write fantasy/comedy novels, although I haven't got one finished yet. I used to play Runescape, but gave up on that about... two... three years ago? After one - two years of playing occasionally. I really have no idea why they have over a million players...

"Nobody goes there any more, it's too crowded"

~ Yogi Berra

Er. What else is there to say about me? Nothing much. I don't eat enchiladas. My favourite authors, in no particularierer order, are: Terry Pratchet, Agatha Christie, J K Rowling, Philip Pullman and various others including Dyanna Wynne Jones, Isobelle Carmody and Chris Riddel.

~wow, now you know everything about me!
Enchilado
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

Hi, my name is Don. I'm 26 and live in Springfield, Missouri. I was born in a tiny town in Arkansas and graduated high school in Little Rock, Arkansas. My son, daughter, brother-in-law, 2 nieces, and mother-in-law all have characters in TMW. I served in the US Air Force, then went to work installing satellite dishes until I got laid off 5 months ago and have yet to find another job. My wife drives a 2008 Honda civic and I just sold my 1992 BMW 325i. I like sports only if I can go to the game, otherwise I get bored in commercials and change the channel and get hung up on some other show and forget about the game :lol: (except for hockey, I can watch the Pittsburgh Penguins). Well, that's it, anyone else??
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
AlexBouchet
Peon
Peon

Post by AlexBouchet »

This feels like an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting :?

Hi, my real name is, you will be surprised know, Alex :o I am 16 years old and next year I will be studying Journalism. I live in the same small town as Enchilado and because we are friends in real life, he told me about this game. I am not someone to typically play an internet game, but I somehow got hooked on this one :P.

I like watching the news, radio is one of my biggest passions, reading books, working and I really like school :D

So, there is heaps more about me, but I shall keep that quiet :D