Purpose of GMs

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Purpose of GMs

Post by Kage »

Developers created, maintain and improve the game. As developers this game is our child. We are so glad you all enjoy to play our game.

Some of you decide to bot, fight amongst your self, and other activities that interrupt game play of OUR game.

Thus we the developers find people who we think would be good at governing the game, since doing it our self would take away from our ability to develop for the game.

Developers are people, able to make mistakes in picking GMs, but it is a necessary evil.

So, before this riot continues, consider to your self the difficultly a GM faces, holding up rules and following what developers desire.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Re: Purpose of GMs

Post by Dyna »

Kage stop glorifying their actions...what they did was wrong.

As for the devs...same thing I told the GMs...get over yourselves...yes you create the content *though I will note that content for the current game has all but stopped* but you do not own the game, its opensource...and nor should your little group have final say if the community has to put up with abusers being given power.

We need more devs like BlackDon...and less elitists who dont even bother interacting with the community they claim to care about.

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Dyna wrote:Kage stop glorifying their actions...what they did was wrong.

As for the devs...same thing I told the GMs...get over yourselves...yes you create the content *though I will note that content for the current game has all but stopped* but you do not own the game, its opensource...and nor should your little group have final say if the community has to put up with abusers being given power.

We need more devs like BlackDon...and less elitists who dont even bother interacting with the community they claim to care about.

Dy
We are working on new content. But remember, it's summer for most people in the world.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

Dyna wrote:As for the devs...same thing I told the GMs...get over yourselves...yes you create the content *though I will note that content for the current game has all but stopped* but you do not own the game, its opensource...and nor should your little group have final say if the community has to put up with abusers being given power.
Don't like how the official server is run? Go on, set up your own server. See how long you hold out until it dies.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Dyna wrote:Kage stop glorifying their actions...what they did was wrong.
Where did I glorify their actions?

If anything this post states nobody is prefect.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Jax...I know this...but the last content we had was back in Jan when you finally had a quest for us.

I am not trying to upset anyone here...just want to be sure we dont have to put up with the two abusing GMs anymore...I as a player am offended that I got called a liar and told my screen shot was fake by one of them. The community should have a say in who governs them and not the little dark council that is the devs

Yes I make a nuisance of myself...but thats because I care about the people and I dont appreciate being banned for sitting and talking my mind. Thats called censorship and your two GMs are the worst offenders...

Crush...dont start. I am not upset over the lack of content and nor do I want to start a server. I am upset because YOU put them in power...and now that they have misbehaved you dont bother reprimanding them for it.

Dy
Goku
Knight
Knight

Post by Goku »

Why don't you just let it go? It's over with, things were corrected.. bans were lifted. GM's cracked in the heat of the moment, big deal, move on.. if something like this happens again, almost surely they'd be removed? Isn't that good enough for you? Everyone makes mistakes.. sheesh people love to soak in the drama.
IGN - Trunks
Pixel Artist In Training
Work On Forest Armor
And Forest Monster
peavey
Novice
Novice

Post by peavey »

Dyna. Expecting people to behave and discuss in an adult fashion is not what I would call elitist. I would call it a basic human trait to work socially, so in my book it would be the absolutely opposite of being elite, but something we all have to learn to be able to function in a society. Hiding slanderous remarks behind a "I'm so laid back, anti-elitist and call a shovel a shovel"-attitude does not help further a constructive conversation. I also urge you like any others to drop the drama, grief and mud flinging and in a calm fashion state the exact things you think is wrong with TMW. Please describe in detail and get all the relevant facts included, so we, the readers have a living chance of giving meaningful input on your concerns.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

We did not put them in power. As I said before, the other GMs choose both of them. We did not get involved in it.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

oh I'm not slinging mud...trust me if I wanted to do that I would.

The other GMs, Kat...Vink...Cappy...MasterKen we dont have an issue with...they are good and fair...we have an issue with TWO of them.

Dont make this out to be GM bashing...I am not here to complain about all of them. Just your choice of Doors and Delasia...their actions prove themselves of being not the kind of people who should have that power over the community.

and Jax...we already know that to be a gm it takes one GM and one dev to make the call...
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

Is there a TMW GM guideline available online we could look over?
peavey
Novice
Novice

Post by peavey »

Dyna wrote:Dont make this out to be GM bashing...I am not here to complain about all of them. Just your choice of Doors and Delasia...their actions prove themselves of being not the kind of people who should have that power over the community.
I need you to describe in detail what (both of them?) did wrong, how, when where.. Please don't be sparing on the details, please be very sparing on the emotions though. Then we can discuss from that onset, instead of these cloudy not-even-half-stories.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Dyna wrote:and Jax...we already know that to be a gm it takes one GM and one dev to make the call...
No. It takes a consensus among existing GMs. If that is reached, Bjorn (a project admin) gives them the power.
Doulos wrote:Is there a TMW GM guideline available online we could look over?
http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/GM_Guidelines

Yes it's on the wiki, but you can view the edit history.
Doulos
Novice
Novice

Post by Doulos »

jaxad0127 wrote:<snip>http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/GM_Guidelines

Yes it's on the wiki, but you can view the edit history.
Hey. Thanks, Jax. Will give it a look-see. I appreciate this.
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

Goku wrote:Why don't you just let it go? It's over with, things were corrected.. bans were lifted. GM's cracked in the heat of the moment, big deal, move on.. if something like this happens again, almost surely they'd be removed? Isn't that good enough for you? Everyone makes mistakes.. sheesh people love to soak in the drama.
let it go? doors won't change, i've played this game for over a year with him and he just changed recently when he became GM now he abuses his power there is no need for a GM that does that. As for Delasia, idk about her cause I never knew her nor will i ever.
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."