Question Poll!

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.

How many people have actualy PLAYED Secret Of Mana?

Poll ended at 13 Sep 2005, 20:02

I Played it!
90%
Never played it
5%
Secret Of Mana? whats that?
5%

Total votes: 20
Bear
Warrior
Warrior

Question Poll!

Post by Bear »

How many people played Secret Of Mana?
Darrin
Peon
Peon

Post by Darrin »

hmm im rather confused im the memory is kinda faint..
are we talking about the one for snes? i remember one for tha system it rox i still play it lol
they also have one for GBA but i forget teh title mind telling me what one we are voting for
Darrin
Peon
Peon

Post by Darrin »

if i recall the one for snes had a big tree on the cover of the case
wasnt tha tree called "the mana tree or somtin i forgot long time ago i wish i cud find a emulator of it lolz fav gmae in the world
Peacemaker
Novice
Novice

Post by Peacemaker »

me!

thats a good story AND its connected to TMW... :)

I played the game 1994 or 1995 about one day?. It was a great experience.

After that i bought Secret of Evermore and it was great too... but not the same feeling,? so I searched for SoM in nearly every store in Vienna/Austria for SoM? no result?

Years later,? 1998 or something, my mother surprised me with the last copy of SoM from a hidden store to my birthday :)

SoM is the best RPG ever made and every RPG should be like SoM? I is the perfect RPG for me, everything is perfect (except the tiger boss in the witch forest :D). lol I also recorded the battle music to tape ;). I don?t understand why all commercial developers changed to 3D? 2D was just great!

Last year I made plans to program my own SoM game, but i never started? Then I found Final RPG (but I didn?t know that the author of Final RPG is ?our? Elven until my today?s researches! :). great work!) and months later I found TMW :) (v0.0.7 or 0.0.8 I think :D)

I hope TMW will be more like SoM (I know, lag makes the fight system impossible :( but the graphic style should be possible :))

Sorry about my english ;)
Last edited by Peacemaker on 15 Jul 2005, 21:44, edited 1 time in total.
Peacemaker: Level 58 - STR 60+ / AGI 30 / VIT 36 / INT 5 / DEX 20 / LUK 5 - wiped because of inactivity... :(
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Just a side note: as for now we're not taking advantage fo the RO protocol to enable repeated attack, so every single attack send a packet to server generating traffic as if we were using the SoM system and in fact if you play like me with joypad ther's no much difference. The only one you can notice is that you can't swing your sword if not against a monster, so you can't for example swing your sword in the air or cut grass or whatever else. When porting this concept to a MMORPG it will probably cause overload but we could probably adopt a technique similar to Seiken Densetsu 3 and let attack be possible only nearby an enemy to save a lot of useless traffic. I'd like to say that a similar system is according to me possible, so keep your hopes and just wait on how things will evolve :wink:
Magick
Novice
Novice

Post by Magick »

But i like attacking the air :(
Darrin
Peon
Peon

Post by Darrin »

thank god they invented emulators lolz
hehe jus downloaded SoM ye i remember this game it rox :D
hope TWM makes it tha far someday gl everyone
Darrin
Peon
Peon

Post by Darrin »

ffs that dam witchs tiger is strong lolz anyone got some tips to beat it??
Modanung
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Modanung »

Darrin wrote:ffs that dam witchs tiger is strong lolz anyone got some tips to beat it??
Just keep walking around the castle leveling a bit more before trying to beat him.
The chairs are best for gaining experience I think.
Oh, and buy 4 (max.) wishes at the merchant in prison. And every other healing item ofcourse. That should do. :)
If you're looking for 3D FOSS games be sure to check out LucKey Productions on itch.io
Darrin
Peon
Peon

Post by Darrin »

ok lolz will do ty :D
im trying out seiken denestsu3(secret of mana 2) right now :D