sexual harrasment/advances...

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

sexual harrasment/advances...

Post by DarkWater »

Since the courtroom/abuses forum is not a conversation. I think I will continue this here.

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =20&t=7998

To kage,

My sis is way smarter then that, but I see your point.

I just wanted to complain, so that way the develpers and mods are aware who is doing what.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: sexual harrasment/advances...

Post by Crush »

So you consider it sexual harrasment when someone says that he loves you and gives you his MSN address?
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

Other of wanting to contact you outside the game, all he is doing I consider is role playing.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Crush wrote:So you consider it sexual harrasment when someone says that he loves you and gives you his MSN address?
Yes. By giving me is msn address, he is commenting a felony. If I was a minor, pretending to be, or just did not say, federal law say that any unwanted sexual advances in considered sexual harassment.

The point here is clear.
1.) He wanted me to message him, so that way we could go off the record.
2.) He started the conversation.
3.) He want to get my "flower"

But of course, crush, you will blame me.

What is going to be your next post.

Let me guess...

Of course, I should just toughen up.
Take it the harassment.
Just water under the bridge.
Of course, he was just being funny.
I took it the wrong way.
We should not care, it is just the way he is.
He really does not mean it.
Just let him do what he wants, he is not hurting anyone.
You are just too sensitive.

Or maybe it will be kage's response

Listen, if you want to wear those cloths and be as pretty as you are, you have to expect it.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
dougolasjr
Peon
Peon

Post by dougolasjr »

...I think the person actually has to know or can reasonable assume the person is a minor, in an online chat situation. Like with dateline where the fake underage person always tells the person they are an age that is considered under the age of consent for that state. You can't assume what he wanted to do since no one is really a mind reader. It also looks like he said do you want to get a flower not "get your flower". If anything this is more of a case of "crying wolf".
IGN: Douglas Davis Jr
Goten
Peon
Peon

Post by Goten »

That's no where near sexual harrasment.. that's just someone being annoying. And he did not say he wanted your "flower" he said did you want a "Flower" like he was going to buy you one from that NPC, I love how you take things out of context to use it and try to start some eDrama.

The world doesn't revolve around you.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

You know, you guys are right.

I just blow this out of proportion.

Sorry.

Sorry to the player I accused, sorry for bring it up.

I did feel a little offended when he sat on top of my character. And stood up, sat down, stood up, repeatability. Even after I moved. It did look really bad. Especially after he keep doing it, and saying I love you.

It was just mistaken actions on my part.

Oh, that is why I ask cero do not leave me. But oh well.

It is just role playing.

But I am sorry.
Ceros
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ceros »

Delasia wrote:Ceros, I would take this whisper as a plea for a witness not a sexual advance.....
See, Delasia, if there is one thing I have learned from posts like this one, it is that it doesn't matter how a person intended something, only how a person perceives it. Requesting ban.

I feel compelled to add I used this as an illustration only, please do not ban DarkWater.

DarkWater wrote:You know, you guys are right.

I just blow this out of proportion.

Sorry.

Sorry to the player I accused, sorry for bring it up.

I did feel a little offended when he sat on top of my character. And stood up, sat down, stood up, repeatability. Even after I moved. It did look really bad. Especially after he keep doing it, and saying I love you.

It was just mistaken actions on my part.

Oh, that is why I ask cero do not leave me. But oh well.

It is just role playing.

But I am sorry.
Grow up. If you can't stand one person talking to you on the internet, I don't see how you can possibly venture outside of your home and brave the mean looks of society. It isn't like you couldn't nuke him and just ignore him, like any other person you take offense to... oh wait.

And, I, too must be a sexual predator:
1.) He wanted me to message him, so that way we could go off the record.
2.) He started the conversation.
3.) He want to get my "flower"
Funny, I do the same thing whenever I'm trying to buy or sell something. Especially those most insidious of "flowers".
DonCBen
Novice
Novice

Post by DonCBen »

All DarkWater is saying is that we need to watch for and stop people who are making sexual advances towards people who they do not know the age. She doesn't want her little sister to get messages about going off into chat rooms, and I don't want my daughter or nieces (or even my son) to get those kinds of messages either.

And I think maybe the situation was a bit unpleasant for her, which I can understand.

No, this is not the worst case out there, but it is relevant. Why tear her down for bringing this situation up? It is real and I am on DarkWater's side (even though we've never even talked :D )
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams

warrior char: Donnie B.
mage char: D. Camaro
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

Uber_Kalimero wrote:Strange, really ... sounds like usual behavior from another char just banned four days before ...
It sounds exactly like pluto who says "i love you" to everyone and is very annoying. (As for me, I ignored that guy)

I can understand DarkWater. To step on the same spot another char is and sit stand on it is definitely not a harmless mistake because players use that to imitate sexual actions. Not everyone, ok, but enough so that it is common known as that. DarkWater wrote that and I believe her. What reason would she have to lie?
After all she doesn't even say "ban this guy" but only shows what happens and tells us to watch out. I think that is ok as too many players keep silence around this topic.

greetings
Leela
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

in my opinion you are the reason enjoyment out of video games gets taken away and now every little game has to be rated i think tmw should slap a maturity label on it and be done with this kind of crap. Also make a agreement at the beginning that you accept the terms of not using this forum for stupid sht.!!
Brice de Nice

Post by Brice de Nice »

[EDIT]
Last edited by Brice de Nice on 25 Oct 2009, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
InspectorShameless
Novice
Novice

Post by InspectorShameless »

No ... the correct answer was "cocaine piss-test", you stupid ! 8)
Matt
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Matt »

Who Duck cares?
And who cares about "uuuuh iam lesbian iam part of a minority give me special rights"?

Seriously, this is the internet! If you can't live with people insulting you don't go online - don't even go out of your house! If you don't want to get your little sisters raped by these internet bastards install some kind of parental control software, whitlist your browser to disney.com (ohmygod they kiss there!!!!) or, even better, teach her some common sense and speak with her about things that might occur on the internet.

I bet you are american.
Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

Matt wrote:I bet you are american.
RACIST!! :lol:
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop