MULTIPLE BUG REPORT - TMW SERVER - NIGHLY CLIENT

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
Habari
Novice
Novice

MULTIPLE BUG REPORT - TMW SERVER - NIGHLY CLIENT

Post by Habari »

When you try to close the client , either pressing the X button in the app frame , or pressing the cancel button inside the transparent GUI Box , The Gui Box dissapears and only the background picture remains , if you try to close the game again , it crasses and you have to kill the process , also , it doesnt conect to the server just hangs indefinitaly showing the bar up and down,
I use WIndows Vista Sp2
ElvenProgrammer
Founder
Founder

Re: MULTIPLE BUG REPORT - TMW SERVER - NIGHLY CLIENT

Post by ElvenProgrammer »

Habari wrote:When you try to close the client , either pressing the X button in the app frame , or pressing the cancel button inside the transparent GUI Box , The Gui Box dissapears and only the background picture remains , if you try to close the game again , it crasses and you have to kill the process , also , it doesnt conect to the server just hangs indefinitaly showing the bar up and down,
I use WIndows Vista Sp2
I was able to reproduce the hang, I'm now investigating.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

It's an old bug we've been looking at.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

Invertika Game , seems to have same problems , although it did work one of the five times i tried to play before uninstalling .

The strange thing is that the bug didn't , appear in my old nearly 10 years old computer , but it wont work on my new laptop brought this summer.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

No , actually i was wrong , tried this morning and my old computer (Windows Xp Sp2) , wont load the server either,
i remember the long ago nightly tmwserver build used to work , so I assume the problem is with something new in these new realeses of the nightlys.
I cant think of anything my two computers have in common so the proble must be the client
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

jaxad0127 wrote:It's an old bug we've been looking at.
Not too old, but we've known about it for long enough.
Habari
Novice
Novice

Post by Habari »

Habari wrote:When you try to close the client , either pressing the X button in the app frame , or pressing the cancel button inside the transparent GUI Box , The Gui Box dissapears and only the background picture remains , if you try to close the game again , it crasses and you have to kill the process
This seems to be fixed , because i tried nightly this morning and it doesn't happen any more , not sure if you have fixed it or if it is because something in my OS has changed , anyway im glad that works.
Habari wrote:also , it doesnt conect to the server just hangs indefinitaly showing the bar up and down,
i still have this other problem , i will not be able to report any in game bugs , because my client refuses to conect to the game server :( , I cant play TMWserver !!!
ANy suggestions on whay other people dont have the same problem?? thx