[DIS] Definition - CR1

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Re: [DIS] Tutorial area

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

I'm voicing for:

Home town/village/

Regards,
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

Let's leave the client sided thing out of this for now: it is not relevant until it is in the client.
This message used to be meaningful.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

So far I can count to two major differences in propositions:

An island with a village and outdoors areas or a confined completely indoors academy with many floors and a dungeon underneath.

Out of these two I'm inclined for the academy setting. It should be something like a big castle / fortress.

OFFTOPIC: This would also logically allow rehearsal training invitations for all the old players. The rehearsal training would take place in an another copy of the map group reserved for rehearsals so more advanced players wouldn't interfere with the newcomers. People could also just discard the invitation if they're not interested.

If we want to combine these, the academy complex could be on an island, but people would not be able to get back in without an invitation letter.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,

I'm for the mixed idea.
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

An island village with a large, famous, important academy? Workable.

For the island, tropical temparate, arctic, other? More rocky or more smooth? Etc.
Bertram
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Bertram »

Hi,
An island village with a large, famous, important academy? Workable.

For the island, tropical temparate, arctic, other? More rocky or more smooth? Etc.
:arrow: IMHO, I'd be for a temperate fisher village with a scholar fortress nearby.
We already have got some nice tiles for this kind of environnment even to be completed, and irukard fortress walls would perfectly fit when done.
Rotonen
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Rotonen »

So who is going to take the responsibility of dictating selection and driving this forward?

There is enough of a consensus for someone to just grab this and go do it.