No Game Masters on server

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

No Game Masters on server

Post by Crush »

Yes, it's true. There won't be any GMs on the server for the next days. This is a social experiment. No, this wasn't my idea.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

we have lost our GM's (Bye Del)

Post by prsm »

I never thought it would have come to this, we have lost our gm's.
All the petty back talk and whining paid off for those of you that did it!
Now lets sit back and watch the anarchy.

Once again the game changes, but some of us lost a friend, a true lover of the game.

I for one will not smile while playing today!

Bye Delasia, you were, to me, one of the best things about the game. You played the
game with vigor and integrity and tried to hold true to your convictions. The loss is ours.

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Re: No Game Masters on server

Post by Cotillion »

What did I miss.

Why did the post go from "no GM's on today" to "by Del, you will be missed!" ??

Once again, IRC and ingame chat make reading the boards confusing.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

Bad, bad, bad, bad idea.

Sorry, this is just a bad idea.

This lets take away from them so they will want them thing is not going to work.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

Please rename subject to:

"No Game Masters on server - The Botting Experiment"
ManaSerpent
Peon
Peon

Post by ManaSerpent »

THIS IS BULLSHIT!

I've seen what happens when GMs can't do anything.

It happened on private World of Warcraft servers I was on. Players would just kill other players constantly. No new player could play and level up.

To the people what whine about the GMs being oppressive, screw you guys. You don't know what oppression is! Oppression is getting permabanned for disagreeing with a GM. Oppression is getting permabanned for not thinking how a GM wants you to think.

That's oppression. I've seen no oppression.

ALL THIS WILL DO IS KILL THE GAME. THERE WILL BE NO PLAYERS AFTER THE SOCIAL EXPERIMENT!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Cotillion
Novice
Novice

Post by Cotillion »

ManaSerpent wrote:THIS IS BULLSHIT!

I've seen what happens when GMs can't do anything.

It happened on private World of Warcraft servers I was on. Players would just kill other players constantly. No new player could play and level up.

To the people what whine about the GMs being oppressive, screw you guys. You don't know what oppression is! Oppression is getting permabanned for disagreeing with a GM. Oppression is getting permabanned for not thinking how a GM wants you to think.

That's oppression. I've seen no oppression.

ALL THIS WILL DO IS KILL THE GAME. THERE WILL BE NO PLAYERS AFTER THE SOCIAL EXPERIMENT!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
okay, calm down. game play will not suddenly become @pvpon because GM's are not around. This certainly will not kill the game for having GM's away for a bit. It will increase botting however which is unfortunate.
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

I think it is a good idea to try it.
I like our GM's too.
But most of MY reasons for wanting GM's in the first place are fixed.
Drop stealing is fixed.
auto - ban takes care of spammers.
This leaves botting- well who cares, this server will be abandoned or wiped as promised.
Who cares if you are lvl 99 on a stagnant soon to be abandoned server.
Sheesh we are pre-alpha, and will always be until we are replaced.

There will always be obnoxious, rude and insulting players, that is what ignore is for!
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

salmondine wrote:This leaves botting- well who cares, this server will be abandoned or wiped as promised.
Who cares if you are lvl 99 on a stagnant soon to be abandoned server.
Sheesh we are pre-alpha, and will always be until we are replaced.
True.
Also, hopefully, by the time when we can move on from the alpha stage probably there will be other ways of interaction that make experience/drops (motivation of botting) less important (not worth) and make fighting more strategic and fun.

Making the experience/drops easier to get (either by botting or by raising rates) will hopefully expose some of the weak spots and perhaps can bring out some ideas on how the strategic elements should work.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

you two have missed the point, salmondine some of us work hard to get to 99, if the server is shut down or not in the future. the fact bots can now get there too and easily, dimminishs our work.

Fern have you seen how long it takes to change things here, your complete re-write of the game is only wishful thinking ..........

and what do we do in the mean time!!!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

prsm wrote:Fern have you seen how long it takes to change things here, your complete re-write of the game is only wishful thinking .........
I'm not talking about re-write, I'm just talking about ideas.
In the mean time you can test the game, chat with people, interact, have fun with your friends in game, try to actually roleplay and think of ideas and things that could be easy to add but that would be useful to have.

If you are already close to 99 then probably you already have other ways to have fun other than training. I think that this would help to explore what are those ways and try to improve them.
prsm wrote:some of us work hard to get to 99, if the server is shut down or not in the future.
So, you did know that it was going to be shut down, and that the game was constantly changing (some people sure worked hard before the snakes and other monsters were introduced and made leveling much easier).
tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

No GMs?This is cool for botters.I hope they can be reoprted on the forums at least. :(
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

prsm wrote:you two have missed the point, salmondine some of us work hard to get to 99, if the server is shut down or not in the future. the fact bots can now get there too and easily, dimminishs our work.

Fern have you seen how long it takes to change things here, your complete re-write of the game is only wishful thinking ..........

How do you think people felt when the skull room opened and people could camp their way to 99 after they had spent months of killing snakes to get to lvl 94. We were told to "suck it up buttercup" cause the game changes. I guess this could apply here too.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Fern
Novice
Novice

Post by Fern »

By the way... this is just a game, it shouldn't be taken so seriously. Experience points are not worth it if it's not fun.

If people really take the game that seriously then the best move would be for them to try help development in some way, that's why I was talking about helping with ideas if you can't help with code/art. Perhaps some story background would be fun.. perhaps some roleplaying.. some actual history for The Mana World.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Black Don wrote: How do you think people felt when the skull room opened and people could camp their way to 99 after they had spent months of killing snakes to get to lvl 94. We were told to "suck it up buttercup" cause the game changes. I guess this could apply here too.
Donnie dear...as always you are right...

Happily

Dy
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.