My Own Experiement

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Amun
Novice
Novice

My Own Experiement

Post by Amun »

Well during this time of supposed "Anarchy" I decided to help things along by botting and just acting like a complete social reject. Here are my conclusions.

Botting
Wombat did a a awesome job keeping botters in line by killing them. Even at grass snakes where he could not kill me he managed to make my efforts in vain by tanking the grass snakes and keeping me from getting experience.

Social Disorder

The towns were surprisingly quiet with no more arguing than normal. Most of my verbal abuse was simply ignored with the ignore feature. Hence any continuation was only heard by myself giving me no reason to continue.

GM's on the otherhand failed epically (Katze and Masterknobie) proving they were unable to deal with the verbal assaults in the manner the majority of the community managed too and had to result to using their gm powers. Mind you I was very harsh. Nothing personal Katze.

And now here I am reserving this section of the post to complain about them doing so. waaaahhhh wahhhhhh *me cries*

Overall Summary

With out GM's there was no reason to cry and complain about things because their was no one to cry too.

Botting did not really seem to explode and those people that did were dealt with by the community (Mostly Wombat ;p)

The town did not explode in chaos other than people purposely doing so that would normally not.

Final Conclusion
I hate to say it because I have always been "pro-gm" but I really don't see any use for them. The community proved they can keep order themselves.
The ManaBuzz
Stay informed with the latest Mana News.
No BS... but the truth might hurt.
tapion
Novice
Novice

Re: My Own Experiement

Post by tapion »

I think 80% of people are botting in game.What stops them now?There are "NO RULES" anymore.Thats the FIRST INFORMATION on the news.
Black Don
Knight
Knight

Post by Black Don »

tapion wrote:I think 80% of people are botting in game.What stops them now?There are "NO RULES" anymore.Thats the FIRST INFORMATION on the news.
I think 80% of the people were botting while the GMs were here. They were just doing a GM check every 2 mins while surfing the web.
"Too much of a good thing is an awesome thing, but too much of an awesome thing is, um, really really dumb. And bad." Strong Bad
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I'm reporting 0 afk botting at the time of this post with 185 users online. Two automated bots that were at the keyboard (technically not against the rules).
Current character is "Abolish".
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

I'm reporting at least 2 bots at the time of Wombats posting.

MK :wink:
Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

MK, you try to do anything about it? Got any screenshots or locations?
tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

Who cares for rules now?Today the server was laggy sometimes(maybe the problem was only to my computer,not sure) but when the GMs were here I didn't lag.And botters are everywhere...to see them just check all the mines!
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

I already did and didn't find any. I'll check again to humor you.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

Sorry Wombat, look harder............ or maybe you don't want to find them ........ hmmmm :roll:

MK
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

What a great experiment! I change my mind, this was really a brilliant idea!! :D

MK

tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

You can kick people??I thought you cant use any command anymore.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

MasterKenobi wrote:Sorry Wombat, look harder............ or maybe you don't want to find them ........ hmmmm :roll:

MK
You don't seem to want to help. I am looking. Please stop agitating people in the town center by kicking them.
tapion
Novice
Novice

Post by tapion »

I am looking to find someone that is botting too.I think I need to find myself :twisted: :lol: .Botters are gone I think :( .Just need to look more for them
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Zero bots. 173 Users online.
MasterKenobi
Warrior
Warrior

Post by MasterKenobi »

Wombat wrote:
MasterKenobi wrote:Sorry Wombat, look harder............ or maybe you don't want to find them ........ hmmmm :roll:

MK
You don't seem to want to help. I am looking. Please stop agitating people in the town center by kicking them.
I don't want to help! HA! I've been "helping" for the past year as a GM. What have you done except try to find ways to push the rules to the limit and get away with what you can(like antagonizing players minding their own business or making false claims of GM abuse). You have no credibility! Give it up.

You know very well what is happening in the town center. And I will continue to kick this person until they take the ability to do so away. You may have no loyalty or honor to your friends or this game, but I do.

Why are you looking Wombat? Where have you been the past year, when you could have been looking? It's so convenient you show up to form another one of your "player groups" just when this experiment begins. I know very well what you are trying to do, and I will not help you.

MK

Edit: LOL! the SAME 2 bots as before....... Wombat you're not a very good GM(even if only pretending)