The Witcher

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
dariunas
Novice
Novice

The Witcher

Post by dariunas »

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but has anyone played this game? I just started it tonight. It's excellent so far!
i
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: The Witcher

Post by i »

dariunas wrote:I don't know if this has already been brought up, but has anyone played this game? I just started it tonight. It's excellent so far!
Well it's Polish game based upon series of books by Andrzej Sapkowski. I've played this game. When released it was very buggy, but gameplay somehow was very nice.
Jurgi
Novice
Novice

Post by Jurgi »

Alas, my lowend comp is too weak for this game.
But I would really like to play it (to be honest, The Witcher is the only reason, why I regret not having better hardware). The Witcher short stories and saga were just fabulous. One of the best fantasy sagas ever written. (There was also a movie and TV series based on it, but better forget this piece of Chocolate Cupcake.)
★ Variety Jeer, my weblog ★ Jurgi recommends Opera 10 ★
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

Ah, I see. I have the Enhanced Edition as a friend who was a big fan told me to wait for it. The engine isn't very well optimised like, say the Unreal 3 engine or source, but at least they have managed to make it look really great. The music deserves a special mention and is incredible.

Even though I'm running a quad-core with 4Gb RAM and an nVidida 9400GT, stutters at 1280x1024 :( but smooth at 1024x768, which is a pity as my monitor's optimum resolution is the higher one... :?

A brilliant single player RPG though. I can't recommend it enough!
dariunas
Novice
Novice

Post by dariunas »

i wrote:Well it's Polish game based upon series of books by Andrzej Sapkowski. I've played this game. When released it was very buggy, but gameplay somehow was very nice.
I'm running The Enhanced edition is much improved :) and would like to check out the books now, having played the game and reading the short story that came with it...
Jurgi
Novice
Novice

Post by Jurgi »

Wiki says:
The English translation of Sapkowski's novel Blood of Elves won the David Gemmell Legends Award in 2009
Assuming the date of publish, following books haven't been translater yet (it is the first part of saga, that comes after three books with short stories).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blood_of_the_Elves
★ Variety Jeer, my weblog ★ Jurgi recommends Opera 10 ★