Who can help me setup a server?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
miles
Peon
Peon

Who can help me setup a server?

Post by miles »

Hello dear Community,

I was wondering if someone here could help me set up a TMW server. I am very new to the game and I tryed, also with the explainations from ElvenProgrammer to setup a server but, I wasn't able to setup a running server by now.

I would be very happy if one of you could help me with that, maybe we can talk about some kind of reward or payment. WLM and ICQ adresses can be found in my profile.

Hallo liebe Community,

Ich habe mich gefragt ob vielleicht jemand hier mir helfen könnte einen TMW Server einzustellen. Ich bin ganz neu in diesem Spiel und ich habe auch schon versucht, auch mit den Anleitungen von ElvenProgrammer einen Server einzustellen, aber ich habe es bis jetzt nicht geschafft einen Server zum laufen zu bringen.

Ich würde mich sehr freuen wenn mir hier jemand helfen würde, vielleicht können wir uns dann auch über eine Art Belohnung oder Bezahlung unterhalten. WLM und ICQ Adressen findet ihr in meinem Profil.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Who can help me setup a server?

Post by Wombat »

TMW Wiki: Setting up a Server

You can also come on #themanaworld at irc.freenode.net and ask for assistance.
Current character is "Abolish".
miles
Peon
Peon

Post by miles »

Wiki didn't help.
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Miles, if you couldn't figure out the problem with the wiki, you really do need to go on IRC and ask for help. The channel is #themanaworld. Also, be sure to check the talk section of the wiki. I had to download a server just yesterday using Windows and added a troubleshooting tip to the talk section of the wiki because there was a slight variation in the server (I did get my server running).
Current character is "Abolish".
raver2008
Peon
Peon

Post by raver2008 »

hey i am trying the same thing... and after i created the folders i stuck at that point when it says: type in make...
it says command make not found... how can i get along with that?
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

If you are using Windows: did you install it when you installed cygwin?
If you are using Linux or BSD: install it through your package manager.
drewtoma
Peon
Peon

Post by drewtoma »

I currently have a server for my website and I would be more than happy to help you set a server up as long as I don't have to pay for the server. I'm allays looking for a project. Email me Drew@DrewToma.com if you would like my help.