In need of help (fixed)

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Meone
Peon
Peon

In need of help (fixed)

Post by Meone »

I am having problems getting my TMW server running (using Eathena) i followed the guide http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... on_Windows but my Char server keeps crashing, I am on dial up OS is xp.I have tried almost everything to no avail . Ty in advance :)

Ty for your help :)
Last edited by Meone on 04 Nov 2009, 18:37, edited 1 time in total.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: In need of help

Post by meway »

:lol: <-- i almost left it at that. But the fact that your on dial up should not matter. But I would not make your server public this is up to you though. so set the config file map_local, char_local all to 127.0.0.1

If the problem persist i would delete it redo the make steps and if that dose not work maybe you have a firewall blocking it. also make sure all your ports are correct

and to configure the server for only ppl in your house

// Athena Character local configuration file.

// Server Communication username and password.
userid: s1
passwd: p1

// Server name, no more than 19 characters
server_name: The Mana World

// Wisp name for server: used to send wisp from server to players (between 4 to 23 characters)
wisp_server_name: Server

// Login Server IP
login_ip: 127.0.0.1
// Login Server Port
login_port: 6901

// Character Server IP
char_ip:"Your_computers_ip" <------important try start/run type cmd hit enter type ipconfig the 192.168 number will be the computers ip
// Character Server Port
char_port: 6901

do the same for the map_local
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Meone wrote:I am having problems getting my TMW server running (using Eathena) i followed the guide http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... on_Windows but my Char server keeps crashing, I am on dial up OS is xp.I have tried almost everything to no avail . Ty in advance :)
Can you post it's output?
meway wrote:(snip)
And what does that have to do with the issue at hand?
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

jaxad0127 wrote:
Meone wrote:I am having problems getting my TMW server running (using Eathena) i followed the guide http://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/ ... on_Windows but my Char server keeps crashing, I am on dial up OS is xp.I have tried almost everything to no avail . Ty in advance :)
Can you post it's output?
meway wrote:(snip)
And what does that have to do with the issue at hand?
well that's what worked for me and if your running local having dial should not matter.
<by output jaxad0127 means copy and paste the terminal after the server crashes>