[BAN] iceslice banned for botting

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Doulos
Novice
Novice

[BAN] iceslice banned for botting

Post by Doulos »

@ iceslice: Let's get this straight. As Jaxad127 said, AFK fighting is against rule #2:
2. No Bots (and botting means ANY activity while away from keyboard).
  • Every player is faced with the rules when they begin.
  • I have never caught CCGG in the act of botting, so I cannot confirm or deny your report.
  • Regardless who does and does not bot, you were caught and brought to the Bot Check Zone. I gave you more than the two minutes stated.
Note: A global announcement is not a valid excuse. The TMW Game Rules are available here in the forums, in the game from the NPC "Constable Perry Graff" and when Ian the Trainer first greets us (so we cannot avoid reading them at least once).
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Re: [BAN] iceslice banned for botting

Post by iceslice »

Dear Doulos,
As a computer science & engineering student by BOT I understand an autonomous software that operates as an agent for a user or a program or simulates a human activity. Leaving a button pressed is Botting was totally out of my knowledge.
Besides, peoples are always afk. I have never seen you talking against afk activities.
I have never seen you giving a global announcement against afk fighting.

Anyway, if that's the rule then why dont you take any action against others who are afk so often ? I have also seen you taking no action against some who weren't speaking enghlish in public even though you made global announcement against.
Why were you after me mainly? Is this because we had a li'l bitter talk at the beginning just before you were GM?

And one of your friends accused me FALSELY in public. It caused me losing friends & losing sense of humor in the game. I hope you did nothing against him/her.

Well, I didnt say I am an innocent. It's definitely my fault not knowing a rules. But couldnt I be given at least a warning or a chance or ban for one hour or ban for a day ? I had a talk with platyna in the irc channel. She said I may be unbanned but it may cause my levels decreased to 20%. I was after a setzer & my level was 59. Such a shock once again.

It's been just around a month since I came across the game from portableapps.com. I enjoyed it much. I have already downloaded source codes of the game. Never thought my fate could be such.

Take care. Keep enjoying.
Last edited by iceslice on 19 Nov 2009, 10:55, edited 1 time in total.
Lets Chase MDGs...

ManaPortable (Vanilla Mana + ManaPlus) -- run 'em portably

http://manaportable.1sourceplus.com
http://manamac.1sourceplus.com
Game Server >> jadu.1sourceplus.org , jadu.1sourceplus.com

confuciousnz
Novice
Novice

Post by confuciousnz »

I'm against it. Either you're lenient and you allow OFFENDERS like him chances to reoffend, or you enforce the same policy for all.
Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

The only warning you get when you are "botting" is two minutes before you get banned. It has always been done like this. And you can even be lucky not to lose all your lvls in the reset. A total reset is what the old punishment was for first-time botters. The second time your character will stay banned.

Botting=any unauthorized afk-ACTIVITY since this gives you an unfair advantage.

If a GM "does that to you", it has nothing to do with being powerhungry or angry at you - it's just the rules. And you can reread the rules on the forums or at Perry's.... :roll:
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Kill3rZ
Novice
Novice

Post by Kill3rZ »

Also feel free to check the looooooong list of other people who got and stayed banned for the same reason if you still feel it was something personal. Check the Court House (Abuse forum) section.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

Every character is worth of hard work.
I worked hard to get the setzer. All gone vain by that li'l AFK thing. I still cant believe it really happened.
My point is, a player should be given a chance before such hard punishment.

Besides, I have seen 1 (char name, one) doing afk activities infront of doulos in the town. 1 didnt respond to doulos & doulos end up without any action against. Can you say you dont remember that, doulos ?

I remember I proposed two features for tmw/mana. One was roller-coaster in the town & the other a captcha feature before registration against BOTs. Things turned such funny & irony (LOL).
Lets Chase MDGs...

Katze
Knight
Knight

Post by Katze »

iceslice wrote: Besides, I have seen 1 (char name, one) doing afk activities infront of doulos in the town. 1 didnt respond to doulos & doulos end up without any action against. Can you say you dont remember that, doulos ?

Was is Confused Tree or Trade Bot? Those are authorised. Or was it "someone" else? If so: what did that character actually do?

About your reputation: I guess it can easily be restored if your overall behaviour is accordingly. So it won't be that hard, I guess. ;)
Meow! (Katze is also known as Plush & Kater)
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

afk-activity is having your character active doing something while you are not on your computer = botting
If you sit in town and go afk, this is not botting because you do not earn xp while just sitting.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
iceslice
Warrior
Warrior

Post by iceslice »

@Katze
The name of the character is "1". He was moving to & forth continuously (I guess with crazy move) without responding to anyone not even to doulos.

I myself was a noob & so needy & li'l greedy while trading. On top of this I helped many players/noobs with gp/items.

Anyway, keep helping continuously is sometimes boring. So li'l twisting is interesting.
Lets Chase MDGs...

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

What is the point of this discussion? AFAIR we agreed that policy is level decrease and item removal and then unban.

Regards.