Next GM

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Amuk
Novice
Novice

Next GM

Post by Amuk »

I am aware the community does not get to choose their own GMs. However, I would like to think input from the community has some worth. I have a suggestion who I think would make an ideal GM. The purpose of this post is so atleast the person might be taken into consideration.

So who is this person I speak of?

Wayne! Yes Wayne!

Wayne is a very active member of the community. He is not someone who would simply sit in town and show off his robe or would he let the power goto his head.

Wayne is already a well established and respected member of the community and always conducts himself in a well mannered and respectable way.

Wayne does not or has not involved himself in community drama. He would have no bias.

Wayne pretty much knows the game inside and out and would be a great asset, especially for the new people. He has already helped out many learning magic and helping with quests.

I have been know to be quite critical towards certain TMW staff members but not even I can deny that Wayne would make the ideal GM!
Lutzifer
Peon
Peon

Re: Next GM

Post by Lutzifer »

No offence to Wayne but any person caught violating the rules should not be considered for a GM IMO.

Breaking the rules would include the no botting rule no AFK activity. In looking back at the courthouse threads it is easy to see he has committed such an act. Regardless if his did it intentionally to gain experience or to help others the rule was still broken. I for one would like to see someone that is fair and impartial in all respects become a GM myself. This would mean that his friends would not be nominating him to be a GM to settle old scores etc.

Now if I only had a nickel for the 1 hundred and 1 posts here either plugging themselves for GM or their friends I would be rich :P
Amuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Amuk »

Wayne's afk healing was a misunderstanding on his part. His character was also unbanned and he handled it with grace and did not repeat offend. No one in this game has a perfect record nor should having a perfect record automatically mean they would make a good gm.

As for Wayne being my friend.. well, Wayne is everyone's friend. People like him and respect him.

And if I had a nickel every time someone tried to ugly a good thing I'd get my slingshot and shoot it back in their face :)
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

I'm rooting for WARD. I want to see dozens of global announcements displaying his good offers.
Lutzifer
Peon
Peon

Post by Lutzifer »

Amuk wrote:Wayne's afk healing was a misunderstanding on his part. His character was also unbanned and he handled it with grace and did not repeat offend. No one in this game has a perfect record nor should having a perfect record automatically mean they would make a good gm.

As for Wayne being my friend.. well, Wayne is everyone's friend. People like him and respect him.

And if I had a nickel every time someone tried to ugly a good thing I'd get my slingshot and shoot it back in their face :)
hmmm funny i have been here for quite a few years and I have never spoken to him nor he to I. The only thing I have seen from him is a lot of drop parties and that afk incident. You forget Amun that there are many people from many timezones and countries that log on and play this game that don't know this person.

IMO I also believe that drop parties only create beggars that are too lazy to go grind in the cave themselves so they beg for items or wait for a drop party.

Not to get into a whole thing here about the true reason behind this post and your problem with a current GM but its kinda obvious :roll:

Also there are many things to consider when considering a GM not just that this person is a good person. For example time zone coverage. Plus this is not a democracy. :lol:

I for one would like to see all posts with GM in the title captured as spam and removed only because of the frequency of every tom dick and harry either complaining or trying to become one. :twisted:
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

IMHO i think Tiana should be a GM, she has plenty of experience from being a GM on TheAlternateWorld and she has no criminal record, and she is perfect for the job!

Thanks, BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Booth
Knight
Knight

Post by Booth »

Booth for GM ;) Nobody loves me so it all works out if they hate me even more when I'm GM. :D
"Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken."
"I believe that sex is a beautiful thing between two people. Between five, it's fantastic."
Amuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Amuk »

Lutzifer wrote:

Not to get into a whole thing here about the true reason behind this post and your problem with a current GM but its kinda obvious :roll:
I don't have an issue with a current GM as the GM I did have an issue with resigned. Do some research before you make assumptions about my motives. Which you are obviously clueless too.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Its really not up to the community. If platyna wants to have another annoying red cap running around (like anyone deserved a warning for cheating/trolling ) than think of her as the judge, she gets the last say. I'm not saying you don't get an opinion, im just saying unless you already have status somewhere you just made another spam topic. :!: please don't feel offended :!: i meant it in the most respectful way possible.
Amuk
Novice
Novice

Post by Amuk »

Your right and we are all aware of that as this point has been driven into our head since Platyna's return. But when the community voices their opinion at atleast it gives Platyna more information to base her decision on. I don't see how this is such a major issue. And to make my own assumption if Platyna is as logical as she claims the more input she can gather the better.

This is not to say because a majority wants this or that she must give in. But atleast the information is there to be considered. Any one who would argue the value of a wider range of input is just plan ignorant.
swimmy
Warrior
Warrior

Post by swimmy »

Why do we choose GMs by ourselves?
Whatever we say, dicision is dev's...

it may be just same as spam.
who was...
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

WARD is for change...it good offer =)

In all seriousness though...I am sure Plat will find someone else to fill the role...even if its not needed...
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Post by zyperz »

Dyna wrote:WARD is for change...it good offer =)

In all seriousness though...I am sure Plat will find someone else to fill the role...even if its not needed...
WARD is for change?
Well that automatically eliminates him.......no one likes change.....
Last edited by zyperz on 21 Nov 2009, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
zyperz
Peon
Peon

Post by zyperz »

Amuk wrote:Wayne is a very active member of the community. He is not someone who would simply sit in town and show off his robe or would he let the power goto his head.
TMW doesnt use active members....they prefer inactive GMs
Amuk wrote:Wayne is already a well established and respected member of the community and always conducts himself in a well mannered and respectable way.
Well established and respected until he puts on the hat.....seems many see Red and automatically start targeting.
Amuk wrote:Wayne does not or has not involved himself in community drama. He would have no bias.
I think that this statement is untrue, Wayne involves himself WAY to much in the community
Amuk wrote:Wayne pretty much knows the game inside and out and would be a great asset, especially for the new people. He has already helped out many learning magic and helping with quests.
GMs dont help people "Thats not their job". As for knowing the game inside and out. Obviously he knows the tricks and loopholes as well. How many times has he deleted characters because they were caught using one of the questionable "modifications"
Amuk wrote:I have been know to be quite critical towards certain TMW staff members but not even I can deny that Wayne would make the ideal GM!
You must really dislike Wayne to wish to subject him to the community abuse and Dictorial Matriarchy.

And for what its worth, I dont think that ANYONE would make an ideal GM if they are known within the community. Someone somewhere will have issues, and the flame wars, accusations and critical judging will start yet again. The GM needs to be an unknown and judged on their performance and not their contacts.
Avital
Peon
Peon

Post by Avital »

What is that saying about the best elected officials being the ones who aren't looking for it?

I think maybe Killerz or Leela. They're always helpful and friendly, they've never broken the rules, they're posters on here so they know what goes on behind the scenes and they're always willing to help in game. Mind you, this isn't me throwing in some kind of nomination, just saying that that is the kind of person we'd want for GMs.

As has been mentioned, Wayne has already broke a rule. A big one. It isn't like he spammed and was banned for that. I'm sorry, but I really don't buy the whole "I didn't know better, it was unclear" card being played. He knew the rule he was breaking and how it was pretty much the only big one out there. That right there to me is reason for him not to be given a GM position.

Much like something in an elected office, all your missteps come back to haunt you and stop you from reaching what you were trying for.
-Just Me