How did you come here?

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
reny
Newly Registered User

Re: How did you come here?

Post by reny »

I was looking for a good 2D MMORPG and bang... TMW found me. :alt-6:
Meicchi
Novice
Novice

Post by Meicchi »

I just dreamed some months ago with a 2d RPG and that I was participating in it's forums. True thing.
But actually I was bored of studying pointers and opened the software manager on Mint to overlook the games around and maybe finding something fitting to me. So I've got a few games of pangzero and bsdgames (I love adventure), too lazy for wesnoth (still it's a good game) and chess, even lazier for grabbing ROMs for visualboy and mupen, and then I thought twice before installing The Mana World (which was fitting enough since I love RPG but I was afraid to play MMO again in my life).

However you can see, my worryings were useless.
Find me in-game:
  • * Puncake (main) - light path mage, lv 79, she is actually a pumpkin
    * Meicchi (retired?) - slow speed archer, eternal lv 70 and Ginny's bastard twin
    * Fluttersly - rage warrior, lv 58, knows no jokes and has a mane
Brazilian Portuguese translation coordinator - Make part! / Faça parte!
https://www.transifex.com/organization/akaras/dashboard
https://wiki.themanaworld.org/index.php/Pt:Main_Page
Spoiler:
Yes, imma noob.
Cassy's official fan-clubber
Qwik
Newly Registered User

Post by Qwik »

Software Center Games Linux Mint. Typed Mana looking for a clone for the SNES game Secret of Mana abd Secret of Evermore. Pretty close...
SDN
Novice
Novice

Post by SDN »

From ubuntu software center. :alt-9:
Norc
Newly Registered User

Post by Norc »

I can't remember which site / search engine I used. I do however remember I wanted GPL / CC games that work on Debian.

Guess I '.m here for the long haul :alt-6:
butters
Peon
Peon

Post by butters »

i was searching for linux base rpgs in ubuntu software packages
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

I looked for a free MMO on jeuxlinux.fr.
Yuschri
Newly Registered User

Post by Yuschri »

I think I know this game from a magazine, or a portable game article in a web :mrgreen:
and then decided to look for it :D
Sykinia
Peon
Peon

Post by Sykinia »

Pretty much the classical story - was looking in ubuntu software center for something playable on linux without any nasty tweaks and workarounds :)
LostMemories
Newly Registered User

Post by LostMemories »

honestly, used to be a member, hell i think i was level 86 way back when i had my first character before quitting i remember faintly wearing dark blue with black often. heh i think it was 2008 when i joined at the time.

Anyway i did lose that account, quit, came back in a new account left after seeing how downgraded the game got, and just today im like........ its been years i must see how tmw is now.

Honestly after experiencing going through level 1 again e-e, noticing the lagfest, im still curious is the drop rates still low? i remember the old average was way more fair back then.

I kinda regret coming back. since i don't really know anyone on here anymore possibly because they quit or had a name change over the years xD. also because its still hard to let go the fact they did make leveling harder over time.

Btw the game and forum seriously need an upgrade, And im not talking decor wise.... i mean there's tons of issues with it. as i've seen so far. It wouldn't hurt reviving the game to a bit, possibly a kickstarter to a new improved tmw. then again more players = more lag ..maybe not.

wow i have so much to say.... anywho yes as ive said, pretty much visiting xD used my App games only email address to log in :lol:
Ash (Ringo-Chan)
Newly Registered User

Post by Ash (Ringo-Chan) »

Well, i just looking for a MMORPG, and i find this one and only had one week of be released, but always i leave and come back to the game, and well i'm here again. (´・ω・`)

This game is pretty good, it is one of the few games I've played for over a decade. ヅ
Saulc
Moubootaur Legends
Moubootaur Legends

Post by Saulc »

I discover TMW long time ago when my best friend play to it ( Vercin/Crazyfefe)
i dont know how he found this game maybe is father help him :D
Feel Free to join Moubootaur Legends server now!
ML GitLab
ML Discord
Armadeus
Knight
Knight

Post by Armadeus »

Jeez. I wish I knew.. I believe I had a friend from an old MMO (Endless Online) named Stava, and he showed this to me...
Dekkir
Newly Registered User

Post by Dekkir »

I was working with the new Raspberry Pi Zero W that I had purchased and loaded up the Chrome Web Store to see what games there were and if they'd run. ManaPlus came up when selecting the 'Games' category and the visual / screenshot caught my interest from years of playing Ragnarok Online and Dark Ages (formly by Nexon now KRU).

I've been playing EVE Online as of late but miss an MMO with a welcoming community...EVE is a very harsh one.

So I'm a brand new player and haven't experienced much yet of tmw / evol but am very interested. I've been asking some questions to know which server is the best to get started on as I've read the two games / servers are going through a merge of sorts. Fusion does sound way cooler though as I've seen it mentioned as that too.

- Dekkir
newstravelsfast
Peon
Peon

Post by newstravelsfast »

First time dual-booting a linux distro, mint i think, opened up the Software
manager and after hours of searching for a game with any promise I was gifted with TMW. I think that was nearly 6 years ago by now?