I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Ask for help regarding any technical issue or report any bug or OS independent issues.
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Sep 2009, 16:57

I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone » 17 Dec 2009, 02:12

I've already had the equipment glitch, I think I fixed that by deleting the config file. Seems to be corrected. I think.

Still, I once had the ability to heal people using lum and inma, and after rebalancing to high vit and almost nothing for int, then rebalancing back for high int, I still cannot heal using inma although lum has worked one time in 5 attempts. It is as if I broke it, because I am certain I have healed players with inma before rebalancing the first time. Yes, my mana is blue and it is at 135, my int won't go higher than 99 so the rest went into vit. I am Level 2 in each of: Magic, Transmutation Magic and Nature Magic. I have no other magic at all.

kaflosh, abizit, miteyo, inwilt, manpahil, itenplz, chiza, all work; kalmurk does not work.

Is this all likely to be part of the results of me choosing the white magic?
User avatar
meway
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1736
Joined: 04 Jan 2009, 06:02
Location: Detroit MI
Contact:

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by meway » 17 Dec 2009, 02:14

:lol: sounds like your going to miss allot cause you have no accuracy
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Kage » 17 Dec 2009, 03:00

meway wrote::lol: sounds like your going to miss allot cause you have no accuracy
If you can't post anything helpful, then don't post at all.

Ignore this comment mmmmnatheclumsyone, magic does not have a accuracy check.

@mmmmnatheclumsyone:
It would be helpful if you posted the client version you are using (and if your using any patches)
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
User avatar
meway
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1736
Joined: 04 Jan 2009, 06:02
Location: Detroit MI
Contact:

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by meway » 17 Dec 2009, 03:35

well than it should :oops: don't have to be a dick my intentions were to help.
User avatar
Freeyorp101
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 711
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 10:17
Location: New Zealand

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Freeyorp101 » 17 Dec 2009, 05:07

meway wrote:well than it should :oops:
That's quite a major proposition there. I consider the main attack spells ability to ignore conventional dodge and defense quite definitive of magic (at least, my interpretation of it... you can see similar magic `accuracy' characteristics in other games such as Battle for Wesnoth)

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Still, I once had the ability to heal people using lum and inma, [...] I am Level 2 in each of: Magic, Transmutation Magic and Nature Magic. I have no other magic at all.
Then something would be broken; lay-on-hands is meant to require level 2 life magic.
Do you have the lifestones required for lesser-heal?
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:I still cannot heal using inma although lum has worked one time in 5 attempts. It is as if I broke it, because I am certain I have healed players with inma before rebalancing the first time.
Our balance changes or your stat changes? What is your M.Attack?
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:kaflosh, abizit, miteyo, inwilt, manpahil, itenplz, chiza, all work; kalmurk does not work.
Do you have the roots and maggot slime required for summon-maggots?
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Is this all likely to be part of the results of me choosing the white magic?
No, there are no checks of this type in the summon-maggots script (or any other current magic script); it will be something else


---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
User avatar
meway
Knight
Knight
Posts: 1736
Joined: 04 Jan 2009, 06:02
Location: Detroit MI
Contact:

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by meway » 17 Dec 2009, 06:41

That's quite a major proposition there. I consider the main attack spells ability to ignore conventional dodge and defense quite definitive of magic (at least, my interpretation of it... you can see similar magic `accuracy' characteristics in other games such as Battle for Wesnoth)
I'm thinking lightning to strike its target and demolish a level 95 in 3 hits during a pvp, poor sugarcorgit btw was furious, in there Jammie's. The older players worked there ass off to get where they are and now looking at this example almost demands you to have magic.

[off topic]
also this angers me it forces you to have magic even, because the price of everything went up. 1.5k for a peace of garbage/ paper-bag on your head seriously? there are over 200 in game 0_0.
Last edited by meway on 18 Dec 2009, 00:00, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
Freeyorp101
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 711
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 10:17
Location: New Zealand

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Freeyorp101 » 17 Dec 2009, 13:37

meway, poison_ivy: please keep the flaming out of the support sections (and if possible, everywhere else, too...)


mmmmnatheclumsyone:
- Are you running any client patches?
- Do you have the lifestones in your inventory (for lesser-heal)
- Do you have the roots and maggot slime in your inventory (for summon-maggots)
- What is your M.Attack?


---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Sep 2009, 16:57

It is getting clearer....

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone » 17 Dec 2009, 20:50

Freeyorp101 wrote:
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Still, I once had the ability to heal people using lum and inma, [...] I am Level 2 in each of: Magic, Transmutation Magic and Nature Magic. I have no other magic at all.
Then something would be broken; lay-on-hands is meant to require level 2 life magic.
Do you have the lifestones required for lesser-heal?
I am level 2 in "Magic", in "Transmutation Magic", and "Nature Magic"; I do not see "Life Magic" listed. Is that different from "Magic"?

Lifestones: I never have less than 20 or so.
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:I still cannot heal using inma although lum has worked one time in 5 attempts. It is as if I broke it, because I am certain I have healed players with inma before rebalancing the first time.
Our balance changes or your stat changes? What is your M.Attack?
Rebalancing via Malivox and/or leveling up once since inma last worked. M.Attack is presently 509.. is enough?
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:kaflosh, abizit, miteyo, inwilt, manpahil, itenplz, chiza, all work; kalmurk does not work.
Do you have the roots and maggot slime required for summon-maggots?
Umm, that was probably the problem. kalmurk works fine now that I ummm..... have slime, now that I am rebalanced the way I am at present. Duhh.
Yup, this problem is on MY side of the LCD: PEBKAC.
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Is this all likely to be part of the results of me choosing the white magic?
No, there are no checks of this type in the summon-maggots script (or any other current magic script); it will be something else.
Ok.

I mostly use client version 0.29 under PCLinuxOS (this is the PCLinuxOS repos' latest version). I have 0.29.1 on a different machine (Ubuntu Netbook Remix 9.10), but I haven't played lately using that newer client on the Ubuntu system. Hmm.

No, I don't run patches. I've heard of some patches, but I have no desire to use the ones I heard about (4404? 4044? Was something like that).

Meway - I'm not going to troll ya over this, but I do like topics that don't stray too much. As for your first post in this thread, yeah, but then again, if you were looking to practice magic, and also reading the wiki, you might want to discover what the difference might be, you'd probably choose to rebalance your stats to max out your magic so you can try a few things (that is what I did). Then, I tried rebalancing for maximum archer capability, I then compared performance notes from when I was at max magic, I made a decision and then I rebalanced back to maximum magic.... and then the broken stuff was discovered to not work. Along the way, in the first 'maximum magic' mode, I gained 'white magic'.

Seems I probably used up all my slime along the way (apologies to all who offered to help, I musta got lost); anyways, when I gathered some slime today, summon-maggots works, so that part is 'fixed' I guess, but the inma part is still a mystery. meway, do you use magic?
User avatar
Freeyorp101
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 711
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 10:17
Location: New Zealand

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Freeyorp101 » 18 Dec 2009, 00:40

lay-on-hands is meant to require life magic level 2. The check for this was left out for a while, but was added over 10 months ago [link]. When did lay-on-hands stop working for you?

Try working through the life magic quests with Elanore until you gain life magic 2, then see if it works then?


---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Sep 2009, 16:57

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone » 18 Dec 2009, 02:28

Freeyorp101 wrote:Try working through the life magic quests with Elanore until you gain life magic 2, then see if it works then?
So what you call life magic will show up in my skills as "Life Magic"? Why is that not showing in my skills at all if I already completed life magic to the point of having inma working every time, which you say is level 2... I now have nothing listed as "Life Magic"... I lost it all? Is that a normal situation?

Elanore keeps telling me she wants to observe me 'a little longer', but she never said that until I asked her to teach me more, which was a bit before I noticed that inma stopped. So for Elanore, she took inma and I need to work lum for a while before she ... what? Before she gives me back inma? I'm lost, but I'll try your suggestions until we conclude otherwise.
User avatar
Kage
Warrior
Warrior
Posts: 927
Joined: 02 May 2009, 19:12

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Kage » 18 Dec 2009, 02:31

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Elanore keeps telling me she wants to observe me 'a little longer', but she never said that until I asked her to teach me more, which was a bit before I noticed that inma stopped. So for Elanore, she took inma and I need to work lum for a while before she ... what? Before she gives me back inma? I'm lost, but I'll try your suggestions until we conclude otherwise.
Elanore wants you to practice life magic (i.e. use #lum 50 times)
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
User avatar
Freeyorp101
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 711
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 10:17
Location: New Zealand

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Freeyorp101 » 18 Dec 2009, 03:53

Gaining healing experience is actually a rather complicated system; you'll only gain healing experience (up to a maximum of 255) if you aren't healing yourself and the amount of hp you healed is more than a value that is 10 plus your current healing experience plus a random number up to (your current healing experience plus one) plus another random number up to (your current healing experience plus one) (this value is also doubled if you're using lesser-heal)
Just spamming lesser-heal or lay-on-hands won't necessarily mean your heal experience will increase

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Before she gives me back inma?
Did Elanore already teach you lay-on-hands? (Which should only happen if you have life magic level 2)

If she taught you lay-on-hands already, and you didn't have life magic level 2, then something is quite wrong; but I can't see how this could have happened...


What does Elanore say (the exact phrase) immediately after you ask her "Can you teach me more?" ?


---Freeyorp
Last edited by Freeyorp101 on 18 Dec 2009, 04:03, edited 1 time in total.
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Sep 2009, 16:57

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone » 18 Dec 2009, 04:03

Kage wrote:
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Elanore keeps telling me she wants to observe me 'a little longer', but she never said that until I asked her to teach me more, which was a bit before I noticed that inma stopped. So for Elanore, she took inma and I need to work lum for a while before she ... what? Before she gives me back inma? I'm lost, but I'll try your suggestions until we conclude otherwise.
Elanore wants you to practice life magic (i.e. use #lum 50 times)

I have DEFINITELY used lum on myself over 50 times.
User avatar
Freeyorp101
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 711
Joined: 04 Nov 2008, 10:17
Location: New Zealand

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by Freeyorp101 » 18 Dec 2009, 04:05

mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:I have DEFINITELY used lum on myself over 50 times.
You will not gain any heal experience if you only cast healing spells on yourself.


What does Elanore say (the exact phrase) immediately after you ask her "Can you teach me more?" ?


---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
mmmmnatheclumsyone
Peon
Peon
Posts: 29
Joined: 09 Sep 2009, 16:57

Re: I guess I'm not sure. In fact, I'm sure I'm uncertain.

Post by mmmmnatheclumsyone » 18 Dec 2009, 04:39

Freeyorp101 wrote:
mmmmnatheclumsyone wrote:Before she gives me back inma?
Did Elanore already teach you lay-on-hands? (Which should only happen if you have life magic level 2)

If she taught you lay-on-hands already, and you didn't have life magic level 2, then something is quite wrong; but I can't see how this could have happened...


---Freeyorp
No, she hasn't officially taught me. I know that inma was one of the many incantations that I just randomly tried, and they worked when I tried them, THEN, some time later, I went to Elanore to ask how to make lifestones for the first time.

So I'm surmising that this would be a bug....

As for using lum on myself >50 times, in case it matters, I'm not talking about 50 times in one login. That 50 took maybe 20 logins, which logins took place over almost as many days. I'm getting the impression that the term "first time" means "first time ever", not "first time each login".

Elanore says: "I think I would like to observe you for a little longer to see if you would make a good healer." "You are making progress but you still need more practice."
Post Reply