Immotev [does not wish to be GM at the moment]

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Should Immotev Be A GM?

Yes
43%
No
57%

Total votes: 106
iamWayne
Novice
Novice

Immotev [does not wish to be GM at the moment]

Post by iamWayne »

I delive Immotev to your consideration as a GM.
Immotev is a here regular, I Havn't seen him on rules offenses,He's Serious
, Like Helping players and
other charasterics can be admired during gameplay.
Vote Yes to Immotev our Next GM.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Re: Immotev

Post by kalaez »

3 times more "no" than "yes" :wink: As I expected at beggining
Last edited by kalaez on 31 Mar 2010, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.
Check me on myspace/kalaezhh if like spanish hip hop
anmol srivastava
Peon
Peon

Post by anmol srivastava »

immotev would be a GM because he helped me a lot and i see that he helped others also :D :) :wink: :P
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

As fas as I'm concerned, I think help others is a thing you must do, being gm or not, help is always welcomed by all.

And just like QOAL and others did with me when I was noob, and sugar for example when I become mroe experienced, I help, no giving for free items, helping. as a lot of players do, and more should do too .
But thanks you for remembering me anmol :P
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

ty for the 21 votes guys ^^
daemonowner
Novice
Novice

Post by daemonowner »

24 now :D
Daemonowner ~ consistent player of tmw
Link , hero of time
Novice
Novice
Location: it varies from game to game , "The Legend of Zelda" but I often find myself to Hyrule

Post by Link , hero of time »

daemonowner wrote:24 now :D
stat wrote:Should Immotev Be A GM?
Yes 34% [ 24 ] x
No 66% [ 46 ]
You may select 1 option

Total votes : 70
I do not see why you're happy almost double this is cons :P

twice the monster is against me, but I have the Cyclone attack
link the hero of time
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

polls are all a bit dead, vote guys, vote, at least vote no,but we need opinions
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

I see it's time to rewrite my poll, se let me do it ;)

Last month, for example, I've been controlling for bots(killing them at gy/taking screenshots.. hihi), didn't said a bad word to anyone including after things directly for me like "Duck you", just waited, took the photo, and reported abuse, tryed to help everyone who asked for any help at town, Participed in events like traductor(1 time, but yes, english/spanish), and well, as player who do not use to be at town 24h per day, cause I go gy, mine, forest, I see and know most of the things that happens around.
Perhaps you can thing..: "seeing the abuses He've reported, wants to be gm to ban all"
and you'll be wrong, cause hell, I think a lot before reporting things. Example: I haven't posted any screenshots with bots yet, but have told GMs to check them at game everytime, cause, anyway, wasn't my job be looking for bots.
I would be fair, and some people have asked me to work for being gm in a future, and well, I play tmw all the time I can, every day if it's possible, and as I said I know english(not perfect but enough) and spanish.
One more thing is that I'm not in any party. no teams for me, and groups, only for the current moment,for example, 10 minutes at gy, the group would be the people around in that 10 minutes, and then, bye.

Right now we already got our 2 new Gms, Narus and Tiana, which work fine, so it's only future options. Hope you're not too lazy and have a look on polls, vote(any option) and coment(good or bad)
Thanks people
Immotev
Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

I need to ask, for what "GM Comunity Suggestion" was made? Only 2/5240 were chosed. Is it normaly? The answer is "no". Almost everybody in all topics is chooseing "no, no, ...". It looks very silly... :roll:

(^_^)
Leela
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Leela »

i voted "no" and guess what Dark_Mag, it is not silly, and not because I don't know Immotev.

In fact I do not know him very well, just see him running around from time to time
but
the post he made here showed me that he would not be good. A bit from it:
Last month, for example, I've been controlling for bots(killing them at gy/taking screenshots.. hihi)
Why are YOU controlling? Who are you to decide someone is a bot? This is not your job.
I haven't posted any screenshots with bots yet, but have told GMs to check them at game everytime
Nice advertisement for yourself o.O You think that, after this statement, people would behave normally in your presence if they already know you are in charge?
no teams for me, and groups, only for the current moment
being a gm is being a member of a team, but well, you said it yourself.
I think help others is a thing you must do
I disagree. Imagine you are a GM. All the time someone will come and ask you for help. If you help everyone you will have no time to play anymore. Giving hints about where to get help might be better as a GM. But this is only my opinion.

Just to make this clear. I have no problem with you Immotev. I just can't imagine you as a gm.
As long as it's not about my eye...
CAUTION! Do not look into laser with remaining eye.
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

Ok, Thanks for at least saying things, leela. Just some things I can say:

1) Bot Checker works for everyone, on 4144 patch.and if some people don't mind seeing people boting, good for them, but if it's really evident they're boting, bot check doesn't stop saying BOT!! and that things, you would let them keep killing and leveling??

2) People do not have to bot, it is against the rules, so if a boter do not want me around, hey, bad luck. he/she is the one who is doing it bad. Most of the people plays fair game, no one is annoyed for being at same time at gy, we're good partners all there, and we all see when someone bots.

3)With this I mean I do not have preferences for any player, I got friends in game, like all do, but would be fair without looking at the name.

4)With "Help others is a thing you must do" I mean as a normal player, no as GM. Everyone, if feels a nice player, should help/give instruccions/do something if anyone ask for something they do not know how to do, for example, while sitting at town. Didn't said help while being GM. Being GM you have work to do, but if you're anyway at town, why not to help anyone who demand for it correctly?

And all fine Leela, No problem neither ;) Only writting this to make it clear.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

kalaez wrote:Ok, Thanks for at least saying things, leela. Just some things I can say:

1) Bot Checker works for everyone, on 4144 patch.and if some people don't mind seeing people boting, good for them, but if it's really evident they're boting, bot check doesn't stop saying BOT!! and that things, you would let them keep killing and leveling??

2) People do not have to bot, it is against the rules, so if a boter do not want me around, hey, bad luck. he/she is the one who is doing it bad. Most of the people plays fair game, no one is annoyed for being at same time at gy, we're good partners all there, and we all see when someone bots.
Let me say this.
The bot checker does not work, they may just be talking in a whisper or just spaced out.

You are not in charge of labeling people bots. Not even GM's should label people bots. Gm's should prove they are bots, not label them.

As a gm you can not assume anything, only prove to the best of your ability.

You have repeativly state that you have found "bots" and killed them. You can only be a bot when you are caught by a gm. You are not a bot until you are proven to be a bot.

You do not have the right to think anyone is anything until you convict them.

It is clear that your goal is to impose your will on others, and that my friend is not a good combo for GM.

GM enforce the rules, they do not accuse people of breaking them.

There is a difference.

That is why they have to give 2 mins and do it in botcheck.

You botchecks are nothing more then you trying to enforce your ideas and will on other players.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
kalaez
Novice
Novice

Post by kalaez »

How hard is this to you to understand...? let's see, other words.. But will continue on same aspect, bot.

BC from patch only shows you someone is not moving, not talking(on public) and atacking, and when that happens some time, says BOT!! We agree that, at least.

If you see that, CAN'T say the person is a bot, of course NO, I don't know why all you are saying that...but that's not what I'm saying.

I do not asume anything. that's another thing. When everyone knows someone is boting cause we all are seeing it, NO one whisper any gm, no one do any picture, and I do it, nothing else, you will not see any name, when I think someone is evidently boting, I whisper online gms if they can have a look at the place.
Not acusing anyone.

It's like when someone come town and start saying insults to everyone, and NO ONE say anything(and that happened this same week). I was there and asked a gm to check it,and for bad luck, wasn't any online that time and we had to stay with that guy annoying(until nuked him).

I hope you have seen a bit better my point now, I'm becoming crazy no one understand my words in the sence I write them..
Alons
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alons »

A GM should enforce game's rules, I totally agree. But I think anybody has to respect the community. My point of view: of course, there's no right to call someone names until it's proved. But botting seems to me a lack of this respect, because it's not fair to those who play fairly.

Nothing else, just remind everyone that we play to have fun, as it's more comfy than having arguments.

Regards
And remember: you play a game to have fun!
Alons, GM of TMW.