JoeyJoeJoeShabadu

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Should JoeyJoeJoeShabadu become a GM?

Yes
26%
No
74%

Total votes: 90
August Knight
Novice
Novice

JoeyJoeJoeShabadu

Post by August Knight »

JoeyJoeJoeShabadu or Joey for short
has been a mod on many other forums and other games, such as the svencoom mod to half life.

He's also done a bit of programming.

He's fair, but willing to take down "a few pricks who disrupts the game... FAST".

but is fair too n00bs, and helps guys who want real help, but not those who just beg for stuff.

Another memorable quote, "I'd kick ass on people who take advantage of new guys for their own things"
Yes, "honesty is best, if you don't like honesty, I'm not their guy".

In short, he's fair.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Re: JoeyJoeJoeShabadu For GM

Post by melkior »

August Knight wrote:He's fair, but willing to take down "a few pricks who disrupts the game... FAST".
Yes, because that kind of behaviour is EXACTLY what we need... </sarcasm>
August Knight wrote:"I'd kick ass on people who take advantage of new guys for their own things"
You may or may not like it, but that's not the job or the purpose of a GM.

So, that's a "no" the size of the Madison Square Garden.
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

Then you have never been one...it is easy in ignorance to find fault.

You of course didn't quote the other parts.

When being an admin or GM, you are there as the law. So if someone is a pure asshole, you get rid of them, because they mess the game/fun for the others. It is about fun for everyone, not those who try to mess it up for everyone else.

You lack perspective. and dare I say, understanding.

BackAssward. and JoeyJoeJoeShabadu
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

BackAssward wrote:Then you have never been one...it is easy in ignorance to find fault.
Anyone here can claim being an admin/mod/whatever on a forum/IRC channel/game/wind tunnel.

And most of those claims will be true. I used to administer a site that had over 10k members. Does that mean anything? No, it doesn't. Each of those gigs is a unique experience which doesn't mean much when you get the red cap.
BackAssward wrote:When being an admin or GM, you are there as the law
Bullshit. The game rules are the law. The GM is the enforcer of the said rules. And any claim that a GM is the law are delusions of grandeur which have cost already more than one GM their position.
BackAssward wrote:You lack perspective. and dare I say, understanding.
Guess it's the other way around, huh?
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

melkior wrote:
BackAssward wrote:Then you have never been one...it is easy in ignorance to find fault.
Anyone here can claim being an admin/mod/whatever on a forum/IRC channel/game/wind tunnel.

And most of those claims will be true. I used to administer a site that had over 10k members. Does that mean anything? No, it doesn't. Each of those gigs is a unique experience which doesn't mean much when you get the red cap.
BackAssward wrote:When being an admin or GM, you are there as the law
Bullshit. The game rules are the law. The GM is the enforcer of the said rules. And any claim that a GM is the law are delusions of grandeur which have cost already more than one GM their position.
BackAssward wrote:You lack perspective. and dare I say, understanding.
Guess it's the other way around, huh?
Wow, a lot of non-answers and "kindergarten 'I know you are but what am I'" to response to.

No the game rules are the game rules. a GM is there to deal with social issues, but as I said, you don't get that. I am tired to go on with someone who doesn't get what a GM is supposed to do.

Edit: oh let me guess, you are the type who has to always have the last post, even when it has no value?
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

BackAssward wrote:a GM is there to deal with social issues
I rest my case.
BackAssward wrote:I am tired to go on with someone who doesn't get what a GM is supposed to do.
My apologies.
Kage
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Kage »

GMs are not to handle "social problems" or disputes among players

I find it irritating, sad, and funny that players try to use GMs as their power weapon in personal wars.
<Kage_Jittai> ... are you saying I am elite :D
<thorbjorn> Yes. :P
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

BackAssward wrote:a GM is there to deal with social issues
Nope.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
enchilado
Knight
Knight

Post by enchilado »

GMs should deal promptly (and equally to ALL plays) punishments for

1) spam (kick, temporary ban if persistent)
2) perhaps speaking languages other than English (kick)
3) severe insults directed at particular players (temporary ban / kick)
4) botting (permanent ban)

and nothing else.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

poison_ivy wrote:1) spam (kick, temporary ban if persistent)
2) perhaps speaking languages other than English (kick)
3) severe insults directed at particular players (temporary ban / kick)
4) botting (permanent ban)

and nothing else.
Just to clarify, [no begging and RFC 1855 are also rules.]

I do wonder how many people read the RFC, though.

(...back on topic?)

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
Fluffers
Novice
Novice

Post by Fluffers »

No.

Joey has shown an inability to keep out of private conversations before, when a few of us were having a private conversation above the mining camp. He came butting in unwanted, and he threw a tantrum when we asked him to keep his nose out of it. He demanded that we use whispers if it was so private, while completely ignoring the fact that whispering is not a multiway channel. His tantrum continued even when the private conversation was pretty much over and the participants were back in Hurns.

I shudder to think what would happen if he had been GM at that time.
Erienne in game.
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

Yup. And he can't speak english very well :/
Regards,
DarkLord

Occasionally playing TMW.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu 13.10
salmondine
Warrior
Warrior

Post by salmondine »

JoeyJoeJoeShabadu For GM - he would be great

I have seen this guy helping new players with info for a long time now.
Probably the best embodiment of a newbie helper we have in-game right now.
not power or rare hungry at all...
another good choice as far as character goes...
but I am not sure he is on-line enough to do this...still he is a very fine choice.
BackAssward
Peon
Peon

Post by BackAssward »

I suspect many don't want a hard but fair person to be a GM, because they'd have to act right.

This is why a poll is kinda dumb.

I've only tried to help others, and have issues with people who try to take advantage of others. Am I always perfect? No, no person is, but I try to be above the usual crap. Have I failed once or twice (as someone pointed out)? Sure I have, I am human. Can any other GM or GM candidate say otherwise?

It comes down to a few things: Do I want to help? Yes. Am I fair? Yes. Have I made a mistake or two before? Yes. Can I be adult enough to admit I have made errors in judgment, but move on and rectify them? Yes.

If those points don't matter to anyone, then I happily will not be a GM.

Joey/Back.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

So far you have shown that you have no idea what the responsibilities of a GM in TMW are, and that in a confrontation, you quickly resort to insults.

Those are the reasons people are voting "no."

Not because you're a "hard but fair person."

And so far, in this thread, which is being read by all potential votes, you haven't shown either of those two qualities.

I'm sorry, but you need to re-think your position and spend some time reading the actual GM guidelines rather than make promises based on what you pretty much invent in your head.

I'm sorry if such a negative response hurts your pride/feelings, but ultimately, you brought it up on yourself.