Questionary for people who want to be GMs

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Siegfried
Peon
Peon

Re: Questionary for people who want to be GMs

Post by Siegfried » 18 Mar 2015, 16:14

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?

Give some hints, answer questions, and from time to time point into the right direction, regarding the beginners quests.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?

I would spawn an apple for everyone and pretend i'm Eve.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
-insults
-scamming
-spamming
-botting

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?

I would add a "hell" map and teleport the player there :evil:

----------------------------------------

Sorry, i simply couldn't resist :) It would currently not be advisable for me to be a GM, since i do not have enough time. Maybe some sunny day...

And maybe then i'd answer some of the questions more seriously. But the imagination of a hell to teleport those players to was simply overwhelming.
+seeds
Peon
Peon

Re: Questionary for people who want to be GMs

Post by +seeds » 14 Jun 2019, 18:00

I'm not sure I would be great at GMing, but I would certainly try my best if I became one! :alt-3:

1. What is the best way to help a new player who just started playing the game in your opinion (when you are not a game master but just a normal player)?
Direct them to the manaworld wiki, and point out some simple starting quests.

2. When you would have the ability to spawn items using a GM command, who would get what from you?
I would only give out items at events, and wouldn't give anything out or mention of giving anything out any other time.

3. You are a GM, get online and immediately receive reports about these behaviors by different players about different players. Please order them by your priority in dealing with them:
-insults
-scamming
-spamming
-botting

Botting -
Breaking the rules and should be banned for a short while if they don't stop when warned.

Spamming -
Interferes with other players abilities to have conversations, should be banned for a short while if they don't stop when warned.

Insults -
If the insults are severe enough to break the rules, I would warn them to stop, and if they didn't I would ban them for a short while.

Scamming -
I would ask them to post ads on the forums, and to stop pestering players in-game. If they didn't stop, I would ban them for a short while.

4. A player disagrees with your decisions and starts to insult you in public. How would you react?
I would not react and would leave them to cool off. If the insults ranged into the area of breaking the rules, I would warn them and if they didn't stop I would ban them for a short while.
Characters owned include: +seeds - speeda - TwinkleToes - DejaDuck - Ivanka Trump - ToastyToes - G&Elf - Killer.Bunny.Rabbit
Live long and prosper :wink: