Goodbye.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Goodbye.

Post by AnonDuck »

Hey since I came in after the first move I can post here and speak my mind.

Plat, your policies have done nothing but foster fear, secracy, and general non-communication within the dev/gm community. You arranged things so there was a power structure with you at the top, and i think teamwork and comradarie (and humor!) are much more important in any community. working with tmw years ago was like working in stalin's russia. these days we have much less stress.

The poison of platyna was making everyone afraid to work together openly. Do you know how often people talk in tmw-private and go "oops this should be an open conversation" becaus of the environment your overlording fostered?

I personally think you're a raging thundercunt with no sense of humor and a god complex.

All that nasty stuff aside, I can still respect all you've done. Your intentions are pure and there's something to be said for that. I hope you stick around or come back in a few years with a better attitude.

Oh, and talk nerdy to me.
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

MadCamel wrote:Hey since I came in after the first move I can post here and speak my mind.

Plat, your policies have done nothing but foster fear, secracy, and general non-communication within the dev/gm community. You arranged things so there was a power structure with you at the top, and i think teamwork and comradarie (and humor!) are much more important in any community. working with tmw years ago was like working in stalin's russia. these days we have much less stress.

The poison of platyna was making everyone afraid to work together openly. Do you know how often people talk in tmw-private and go "oops this should be an open conversation" becaus of the environment your overlording fostered?

I personally think you're a raging thundercunt with no sense of humor and a god complex.

All that nasty stuff aside, I can still respect all you've done. Your intentions are pure and there's something to be said for that. I hope you stick around or come back in a few years with a better attitude.

Oh, and talk nerdy to me.
It seems to me that your past behaviour as a player here or as an admin on TAW does not make you eligible to give morality lessons to anyone including Platyna. Your past sense of humour on TAW was a very special one, I doubt that it was shared by many players there, I hope it is different now, but when I see words like those you use I fear you didn't.

To my knowledge, this is precisely because admins didn't fear to say their opinion and because no care was taken about it that they decided to move.
To my experience, the fear to do something on the server was not the origin of some latency in the decisions; real life priorities were: Platyna's studies, but also Bjorn's priority towards "Tiled", Freeyorp and Jaxad's life... Platyna took the right decision when she nomoinated Frost, then Jenalya as administrators, but she was too far from the game and it's development to notice the deep changes that occured as a whole. The range of each ones responsibilities had to be redefined... Anyway all this mess shows one thing: taking decisions with guts instead of brain never leads to nice results.

Finally Platyna made request in her first post of this thread, you could at least respect it.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Freya
Novice
Novice

Post by Freya »

So thank Platyna, to keep the game for so long, thanks for never answer my whipsers when you was online, just to show their power and uniquely do your games of questions and answers.

Thanks for solving the problems of lags on server, not just point the finger on the face of the developers, thank you for always being attentive to server problems, thank you for helping to spread the game, many are actually here because of his sympathy and goodwill... but no...
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

I hate to see you go Platyna but I promise you this, I will remain here and fight the evil o11c who overthrew you.

I know we didn't get along well after breaking up (many people don't know we had a love affair) but I respect what you did for this community. What I really want to say is I am prepared to take you back, if you want too, and I am sorry for the stress I caused when we broke up.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Axalix
Novice
Novice

Post by Axalix »

I totally agree with MadCamel's words.

"Reputations hard to make, easy to break." I know you are smart, so you realize, what was wrong. Bye, Platyna.
Parn
Peon
Peon

Post by Parn »

Platyna,

I never really post around here; I am just a happy player (or as happy as one can be, collecting nothing but a variety of increasingly unoriginal hats). I've read a few of your posts, though, and while I never really disagreed with your decisions (or what little I knew of them, which was not a lot), I could see how there was bound to be friction.

I'm not sad to see you go---this project is a computer game, nothing more, and I expect that you and the other devs work on it because you enjoy it. If you didn't, you wouldn't, and if you don't then you shouldn't. But stay awesome. If anyone has given you reason to be bitter, don't go wallowing in it and your feelings of victimization---you've done more than enough to be proud of and I am very happy to have played your game all these years. I hope you have enjoyed it at least as much as I have.

Toodles!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Parn wrote:Platyna,

I never really post around here; I am just a happy player (or as happy as one can be, collecting nothing but a variety of increasingly unoriginal hats). I've read a few of your posts, though, and while I never really disagreed with your decisions (or what little I knew of them, which was not a lot), I could see how there was bound to be friction.

I'm not sad to see you go---this project is a computer game, nothing more, and I expect that you and the other devs work on it because you enjoy it. If you didn't, you wouldn't, and if you don't then you shouldn't. But stay awesome. If anyone has given you reason to be bitter, don't go wallowing in it and your feelings of victimization---you've done more than enough to be proud of and I am very happy to have played your game all these years. I hope you have enjoyed it at least as much as I have.

Toodles!
If you, as you have wrote, have no idea who I am, and what I do, and why, so why you judge me like you knew me twenty years?

Your favorite game turned into hands of peope, who had all the freedom they needed except GM powers, so they decided to steal my work and go elsewhere (in this case to move under administration of a mentally unstable and abusive person and to be hosted of a person also known of being mentally unstable and abusive, who was even banned from TMW several years ago).

If you really think that TMW can survive under such management - then well, everyone has a right to have an opinion, even irrational one based on ignorance of the facts.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Axalix wrote:I totally agree with MadCamel's words.

"Reputations hard to make, easy to break." I know you are smart, so you realize, what was wrong. Bye, Platyna.
My reputation is not in danger here. And seems I am not smart enough, as all the given reasons for the move turned out to be imaginary (which also tells us important things about current "administration").

Speaking about reputation:
o11c is a person who abused GM commands like few days after he got high eA privileges, he did it despite the fact he was warned that he is not a GM and therefore not allowed to use GM commands, many players complained that they were kicked out the game, looks like he had problems with not having powers over the community since very beggining.
MadCamel is a person who for several months abused and DoSed TMW server (after his doings we introduced web registration), also he was abusive as an admin of a different project based on TMW.

Now this kinds of people are your managers selling you cute stories about how "easy going with a sense of humor" will be TMW team now. How do you expect me to stay silent about that?

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Well I guess this topic is good enough to post this, since the other thread was locked just at the right moment after o11c and Jenalya's posts.
o11c wrote:
.:WildX:. wrote:Every kind of reasonable solution that is proposed is being either ignored or refused by both sides. It seems like everyone wants to keep all for themselves and no one is willing to accept compromises.
What you didn't see is that we proposed solutions to the problems several times prior to the move, but Platyna showed no interest in them, nor has she shown any interest since.

We decided to move as a last resort, because we knew it *would* cause problems, and we wanted to be sure it was worth it.
Yeah, but no one could see that so it's not really worth anything. So you may even be right about some things, but you messed it up and now you're wrong.
You realised that the community should matter only after the move, before and during the move you were just mad at Platyna for whatever reason.
Jenalya wrote:So far she didn't show interest in anything but returning to the status quo where she has the absolute power and when she treated us with no respect.
So you decided that you're the "The Mana World Committee", which is like Platyna's previous position except divided by 10 so no one can take the blame for anything. You still haven't solved the issue that is at the core. The only difference between you (TMWC) and Platyna is that her hands are clean, which is why I still prefer her.

Btw, I don't think locking threads will solve this. It just causes more threads to appear.

TMW Team member

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

.:WildX:. wrote: Btw, I don't think locking threads will solve this. It just causes more threads to appear.
Crush's job as Forum Admin is entirely independent of TMWC.
sexy red bearded GM
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Big Crunch wrote:
.:WildX:. wrote: Btw, I don't think locking threads will solve this. It just causes more threads to appear.
My post was directed to the TMWC, Crush is part of it.

TMW Team member

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

.:WildX:. wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:
My post was directed to the TMWC, Crush is part of it.
Allow me to clarify. As Crush is Forum Admin, his responsibility is to moderate the forum. This includes the moderation of other TMWC members. If he has egregiously abused his power, then such issues will be brought to the Committee. Otherwise, he is left alone to do as he pleases, including moderating TMWC members if he feels it necessary.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

.:WildX:. wrote:My post was directed to the TMWC, Crush is part of it.
Because I didn't contribute to the development for years I do not see myself as a committee member. Unfortunately they refuse to not see me as one ;)
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

It makes sense to me that the top forum admin(s) would be on the TMWC, since the forum is an integral part of the gaming community.

How the TMWC handles the interesting issue that a member of the TMWC can moderate other members of the TMWC, but then in turn his moderation of those TMWC members can be brought before the TMWC for review, is exactly the kind of opaque situation that confounds the player community and it is exactly the sort of conflict of interest and tangled web that begs for a single executive leader at the top, such as we had before with Platyna.

Rules are not just for players, they keep everyone in line. Everyone needs them. That you were not so fond of Platyna's control suggests to me that she was actually doing her job as ultimate arbiter and admin of the game. It's hard to be everyone's friend when you have to make and enforce rules for others to follow, but it's a needed role, and it's missing now.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

blackrazor wrote: How the TMWC handles the interesting issue that a member of the TMWC can moderate other members of the TMWC, but then in turn his moderation of those TMWC members can be brought before the TMWC for review, is exactly the kind of opaque situation that confounds the player community and it is exactly the sort of conflict of interest and tangled web that begs for a single executive leader at the top, such as we had before with Platyna.
We, as individuals, *choose* to submit to Crush in the forums, because we all respect him. Likewise, we submit to the GM team in-game.

If we ever have a real problem with another member of the team (not mere disagreement, which is necessary to avoid groupthink), the issue will be discussed with the rest of the TMWC and if necessary they can be removed by consensus.

What's hard to understand about that?
Former programmer for the TMWA server.