Releasing: Crown and Platyna's Red Dress

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Releasing: Crown and Platyna's Red Dress

Post by Cassy »

Image Image

I suggest to (re-)release those items.
I don't suggest this to bother Platyna (but I fear it will bother her), I suggest this for two reasons:

1.) There is no reason to reserve an item for a single player (even though I don't know the full story about this).

2.) I read several times that some people would like something in-game that reminds on her, like a monument, so why creating new items, when we already have ones?
Maybe even renaming the crown into "Platynas Crown" or something like that.
This should be fair and far better than deleting them (I also read this a few times).

By the way:
According to the wiki the dress grants an additional DEF of +6, but in-game it is +15 (see GitHub).
I didn't change it in the wiki yet, because I also suggest to decrease the DEF bonus.
+15 is too much in my opinion.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Releasing: Crown and Platyna's Red Dress

Post by tux9th »

Platyna's Dress is just the same as the Fine Dress just in a different color.

The crown belongs to sugar corgit not Platyna so it would be fair to take it away from Platyna and give it to sugar corgit.

We don't need any sort of monument of a dictator.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

The crown was made originally for platyna but since black don had one made for him as well he gave it to sugar. If items that were taken away by platyna are going to be given out i suggest everyone get their unobtainable items back.

also as tux already mentioned the platyna red dress is already released but under different colors (the red we currently have is better IMO). The fine dress can be used by males and females on that note unlike the platyna dress.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Releasing the crown would be releasing yet another hat, don't we already have enough? I do agree that Sugar should get her crown back, that would be nice. As for the dress, I think Platyna *at least* deserves to keep her unobtainable item, it doesn't really affect anyone else after all, especially since that dress is easily obtainable in just a slightly different shade of red.

TMW Team member

v0id
Novice
Novice

Post by v0id »

Until that rule is changed, all unobtainable items should stay unobtainable and hence be destroyed. I don't see a reason why exceptions should be made.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

v0id wrote:Until that rule is changed, all unobtainable items should stay unobtainable and hence be destroyed. I don't see a reason why exceptions should be made.
Why not? Sugar did own the crown after all, if it wasn't for Platyna she would still own it, so why not give it back now? And Platyna is and has been an important figure in TMW for a very long time now, what's wrong with letting her keep the dress?
I understand that unobtainable items can be dangerous for the economy, but a single "commemorative" item to a special player every now and then can't really hurt anyone.

TMW Team member

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Allegedly, there are numerous other unobtainables floating around from back when the rule was for artists to get their own copy.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

I'm of the opinion its all or nothing. let platyna keep her stuff, return sugar's crown, chicka's golden warlord, or take all unreleased items. middle ground only causes strife.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Len
Knight
Knight

Post by Len »

Just make it a very rare drop from a high level monster, something like (0.02%).
Pixel Battalion
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

Len wrote:Just make it a very rare drop from a high level monster, something like (0.02%).
There is a castle in the planned content I'm working on. A mad ruler (or something) could drop it.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Big Crunch wrote:I'm of the opinion its all or nothing. let platyna keep her stuff, return sugar's crown, chicka's golden warlord, or take all unreleased items. middle ground only causes strife.

BC
And Magica's Assassin Boots too.
+1
Negating or rewriting history reminds me real world people I do not like that much.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Nard wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:I'm of the opinion its all or nothing. let platyna keep her stuff, return sugar's crown, chicka's golden warlord, or take all unreleased items. middle ground only causes strife.

BC
+1
Negating or rewriting history reminds me real world people I do not like that much.
Cant tell if you are agreeing with me or dissagreeing... >.>
sexy red bearded GM
bell chick
Novice
Novice

Post by bell chick »

.:WildX:. wrote:Releasing the crown would be releasing yet another hat, don't we already have enough?
can there really be enough? a huge issue in the game is everyone dresses alike. more hats at least help add a little variety
Jaxad0127
Manasource
Manasource

Post by Jaxad0127 »

bell chick wrote:
.:WildX:. wrote:Releasing the crown would be releasing yet another hat, don't we already have enough?
can there really be enough? a huge issue in the game is everyone dresses alike. more hats at least help add a little variety
More of other equipment would be better. But hats are easier.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Big Crunch wrote:
Nard wrote:

BC
+1
Cant tell if you are agreeing with me or dissagreeing... >.>
I agree with "all or nothing" with a preference " all ". I didn't like when Platyna took back golden armor and crown and said it at that time. I don't like the idea to release Platyna's red dress that devs made to thank her too. I dont like the idea that any member leading a team grants him/herself things that are forbidden to others, especially in an "open source and free " project.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.