[DIS] Redoing Music

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Keep or Change the Music?

Poll ended at 25 Oct 2013, 02:31

Keep the music, I enjoy listening to it
27%
Make new music for these areas, we need fresh sound
33%
Make the music first and decide later
40%

Total votes: 15
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

[DIS] Redoing Music

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Hi guys,

After talking with some players I decided this decision should be discussed about with players as well.

I'm making a poll about remaking the music for Hurnscald and the Graveyard. Possibly a few other maps too. I just find the music in Hurnscald a bit repetitive and think we can use fresh sound for places such as this.

I understand many players disable their sound for this reason and I would like to change that If I can..

But I would like to see what the community thinks about this Idea and I'm giving you the choice for now to choose what you want to do :)

I will make 3 options.

- Keep the music as it is, I like it.
- Make new music for these places, we need fresh sound.
- Make the music first and decide later. (If this is the option chosen, the music will take longer to make)

Voting will end when I get back from my trip which is on October 23rd.

Keep in mind the music being replaced wouldn't be gone completely, and I would find use for it in another place in the game.

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Saint Tropez
Peon
Peon

Re: [DIS] Redoing Music

Post by Saint Tropez »

Hi Chicka Maria

Its a good idea.
But i prefer listen first the new music and decide after if the sound is good for these place.
- Make the music first and decide later. (If this is the option chosen, the music will take longer to make)

But i dont understand if this option is chosen why its take more to time to have the music than the other choice.

The forest song is awesome. When it's in game?

Have a nice day :D
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Meh, the Hurnscald music (and some other background tracks) is the only thing that still makes me feel nostalgic about TMW. If there's gonna be a new main city there's no point in changing it anyway. I'd like to keep it.

TMW Team member

straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

I've got resampled versions of the existing music over on my github (now 48000Hz!) :alt-7:
IMO "Clouds Calling" and "Chilling Environment" could use a little more love (in the sense that they're not used anywhere really)
end of line.
Quinny
Peon
Peon

Post by Quinny »

I always disable the music. It's just how I like it specially with kids running around easier to listen to or for them. I would go along with whatever the majority votes here.