[FUSION] [DIS] TMW data merge & the economy

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Keep everything or burn everything?

Migrate as much data as possible
57%
Migrate the bare minimum and compensate the players (see compensation thread)
43%

Total votes: 92
TRGN
Peon
Peon

Re: [DIS] TMW data merge & the economy

Post by TRGN »

meko wrote:
TRGN wrote:I DO NOT ACCEPT MY ITEMS BEING DELETED BY OTHERS WITHOUT ME MAKING THE DESCISION. Got it?
Then stop playing and make your own game. Then you will be your own boss
The poll is strange anyway. Before I voted for migrating the items, it had more votes. After I voted, a lot of votes came against the migrating.
This is a Skytlurk. -> Image
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

TRGN wrote:The poll is strange anyway. Before I voted for migrating the items, it had more votes. After I voted, a lot of votes came against the migrating.
That might be in part because Reid convinced a lot of CRC players
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

TRGN didn't you understand that are the DEVELOPERS that rules all the games. No developers and the game become abandoned, the players leave it and you loose your items :alt-=:

So stop being bossy because you don't control this.
deepthought
Warrior
Warrior

Post by deepthought »

The main problem is people are losing their characters and items. If evol/tmw is fine with migrating character levels, it's ok although as I see in current evol, leveling up is harder than TMW. Someone mentioned some special type of currency for items. What does evol/tmw say about this ? This seems to be fairly good idea. Maybe some fancy stuff ? I think everyone would be happy with this as they get something for the stuff they earned in current tmw. Now if you people can come up with something to buy with this special currency which doesn't ruin the evol/tmw economy, that would be great.
I'm as cool and comforting as the porcelain tiles on your bathroom floor during an evening of vomiting.
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

Hard to level up you said, i level up to 9 in less than 2 hours in evol and in tmw i level to 9 in a 3 hours, all this leveling was in a row.
About that idea i think that awesome :alt-9:

I am level 70 and i not afraid of loosing my items, the iReaper has speak.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

TRGN wrote:I DO NOT ACCEPT MY ITEMS BEING DELETED BY OTHERS WITHOUT ME MAKING THE DESCISION. Got it?
Your items will never be deleted. Development will continue on the new server for the new game, with accounts being copied over for those who want to play there. The "original copy" of your stuff will stay on the old unsupported TMW server. Your permission is not needed as your data is not being tampered with.

TMW Team member

dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

please enable TMW focus skills (speed, astral soul, etc) in the merge game. :alt-7:
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

After all what is going to be deleted?? What will go to the merge game??
omatt
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by omatt »

dragoon84 wrote:After all what is going to be deleted?? What will go to the merge game??
https://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtop ... 17#p152783
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

i know about that topic but also know that was to please to old players. The only problem is that the devs control the merge so they decide witch items will be delete or not.
So i want the devs to tell me witch items are going to be delete.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

dragoon84 wrote:i know about that topic but also know that was to please to old players. The only problem is that the devs control the merge so they decide witch items will be delete or not.
So i want the devs to tell me witch items are going to be delete.
There are no official answers yet, this is still a work in progress discussion and everybody is free to give us ideas.
But I can already tell you that I will oppose a fusion where the gameplay will be endangered just to please old players at the expense of new players.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

i am of the same opinion but i will like that the focus skill migrate to the merge game (if possible)
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

dragoon84 wrote:i am of the same opinion but i will like that the focus skill migrate to the merge game (if possible)
If we migrate levels and stats it makes sense to also migrate focus skills
dragoon84
Novice
Novice

Post by dragoon84 »

i am ssssoooo happy :alt-9:
gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

dragoon84 wrote:i am ssssoooo happy :alt-9:
buuuuuuuuuuut... the new game might not have focus-able skills... If I recall correctly they don't work the same way on Hercules