Questionable "Developer": Chay

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Questionable "Developer": Chay

Post by Cassy »

Yup, now we get that kind of nonesense again and now please everybody concentrate on the real topic again: someone saying mean things to Chay that are not true.

Thanks.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

o11c wrote:Another one of these? I'm starting to think the solution *is* to delete everybody's accounts and start over.
And to become ManaServ #2? And earn 50 enemies in one shot? Do you really want this? "How to switch o11c to destructive mode? Troll a bit." Seriously, don't be so easy to troll, this can lead to really weird things.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

“xxxx: but everyone has issues with you”

I don’t.

“xxxx: people say they dont like you because your are a bad example”

I don’t.

The Chay I know has never been anything less than a kind and helpful player, and a skilled and creative developer. I am grateful she is in the game, and sincerely hope she remains.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

t3st3r wrote:
o11c wrote:Another one of these? I'm starting to think the solution *is* to delete everybody's accounts and start over.
And to become ManaServ #2? And earn 50 enemies in one shot? Do you really want this? "How to switch o11c to destructive mode? Troll a bit." Seriously, don't be so easy to troll, this can lead to really weird things.
Missing the point.

My point is, even though it would be a cause, deleting the entire database would probably not be any increase in the amount of hatred targeted toward developers.

And my other point is: trolls only flourish because you let them.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

:alt-8: thank you for the kind words.
however i didnt intend to start a discussion on if xxxx is a troll, i trust he/she is not a liar, he/she more or less just gave a picture to my own diffuse impression, moreover he/she has contact to people rather influential in regards of guiding tmws directions.

I understand that voicing an opinion considerably differing from the average is not an easy thing to do for every person (unless particularly devoted to forum trolling, then its probably a delight) hence this thread is to ask you who distrust me to commence a private one on one conversation about your concerns.

nota bene: dont quite get what you two are talking about o11c and t3st3r
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

o11c wrote: My point is, even though it would be a cause, deleting the entire database would probably not be any increase in the amount of hatred targeted toward developers.

Nobody hates developers here. Saying critics, even energetic ones, does not mean that the writer hates developers. On the opposite, it means that means that the criticizers do like their job since they try to defend it (the game) in some way.

trolls exist everywhere, especially on role playing game, and TMW is a role playing game. Do you really want that it becomes a set of ass-lickers?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

If you play an online roleplaying game, you need to have a thick skin and a healthy positive self-internalized sense of who you are, not what someone else tries to tell you that you are. If you're a GM or developer ... doubly so.

And o11c, lay off the hard stuff while your finger is on the reset button. Thx. (Thinking of the scene in the Land of Confusion music video where Reagan hits the Nuke button instead of the Nurse button.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pkVLqSaahk
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Chicka-Maria wrote:There is always going to be people with opinions in life, and trolls on game. It's your choice to be happy and ignore them or to take it to heart and be sad all the time about it. I'm not trying to sound harsh but it's true. Making threads showing you care about someones opinions on you as a player wont push the trolls away/make opinions stop.

regards,
Chicka
This is essentially the best answer you could get.
Take other people's opinion into consideration so that you know when you're being an a**hole, but in the end make up your own mind on who you are or should be.

Word censoring is such a pain in the a-asterisk-asterisk.

TMW Team member

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

blackrazor wrote:If you play an online roleplaying game, you need to have a thick skin and a healthy positive self-internalized sense of who you are, not what someone else tries to tell you that you are. If you're a GM or developer ... doubly so.
It doesn't have to be that way. There are communities where the kind of behavior we take for granted would result in bans; where people are always polite to each other; where ideas can flourish. It would be nice if we were one of them.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

o11c wrote:
blackrazor wrote:If you play an online roleplaying game, you need to have a thick skin and a healthy positive self-internalized sense of who you are, not what someone else tries to tell you that you are. If you're a GM or developer ... doubly so.
It doesn't have to be that way. There are communities where the kind of behavior we take for granted would result in bans; where people are always polite to each other; where ideas can flourish. It would be nice if we were one of them.
Well o11c, no one is stopping you from joining one of these nirvana communities of which you fondly mention. Of course, they would also have to agree to take you in as one of their own. Good luck and happy trails. :alt-0:
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

blackrazor wrote:Well o11c, no one is stopping you from joining one of these nirvana communities of which you fondly mention. Of course, they would also have to agree to take you in as one of their own. Good luck and happy trails. :alt-0:
What makes you think I'm not? It's how I destress from TMW.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

So what I get out of this and private conversations is:
a) I'm not at all fit for facing trolls and should consider these things to happen no matter how hard i try to avoid em
b) there are no major concerns about my actions and contributions being harmful for tmws health by any person who read my original post nor active gms.
c) there are people who have certain diffuse feelings against me but do not want to talk (with me) about them
d) tmw needs good pr, devoted developers and a welcoming community

about a) im trying to work on that, doesnt come easy <.<
about d) im sorry to have started a thread that contradicts this goal, as a player i have always felt welcome in tmw though (hehe someone told me it's because "you're not a dude")

that said i humbly crawl back into my dev suit :alt-6:
Johanne Laliberté
Novice
Novice

Post by Johanne Laliberté »

We must move forward in this game and there is still much to do.
Sexy amazon Chay, you are a great, intelligent and a helpful player. Please know that many of us and myself we appreciate your work in the development of this game. So ignore all negative words, trolls and so on! Because you need all your energy to make an interesting game to play.

Regards,

Johanne
Dream today, to see what we will do tomorrow.
Rêver aujourd'hui pour savoir ce que l'on fera demain.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Johanne Laliberté wrote:Sexy amazon Chay, you are a great, intelligent and a helpful player.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZimx1wHYcs

TMW Team member

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

o11c wrote:My point is, even though it would be a cause, deleting the entire database would probably not be any increase in the amount of hatred targeted toward developers.
Since I have got some knowledge of humans, I can assure you that you seriously underestimate them! :mrgreen: When you think it can't go worse, it always proves to be otherwise :twisted:. That's why I fail to understand point of messages like this. What was the goal?
The only reliable way NOT to let trolls win is ignore of trolling attempts. Safest option to default to, unless you can outsmart trolls without getting pissed off in process.
You can't make someone happy by bans. Furthermore, TMW is full of smart people. Banning smartasses is a pain: they have idea how it works. They will bypass it. They will return, seeking for revenge and nothing to lose. It can give a lot headache, damage and frustration. So it's rather about changing overall climate into state where attitude exposed by "messenger" (and those behind him/her) isn't really welcome. That's where o11c had some point. I can see, many different people united to show their disgust to such attitude. At the end of day, all people in this thread are hardly seeking to do damage to project. And would not welcome attempts to do it. That's where trolls miscalculated.