Who should be the admin of tmw?

Got something on your mind about the project? This is the correct place for that.

Forum rules

This forum is for feature requests, content changes additions, anything not a Bug in the software.
Please report all bugs on the Support Forums

o11c
41%
Platyna
59%

Total votes: 22
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I received the following mail:
I post it as is, because I do think Platyna's ban is unfair.
Platyna wrote:Hi.

O11c keeps deleting my posts. Could you make a poll - who should be the admin of tmw and give options of me and o11c?

He also removed this post of mine:
Quote:
Making an account with auto form filling takes like 30 seconds. Stop being childlish. Unban me and return my files. You were good developer under my administration, you are not a person who is able to be a community admin. You are unable to work with people, you take actions without thinking and you have very not healthy attitude towards power over online games community.

If you care about TMW return it under my administration. You will no longer have powers over the server or over the forums, but we can work toghether to make TMW successful.

Of course I would take actions to not allow any other take over to happen but I am not going to take any revenges. We can surely discuss and work toghether. I tried divide my powers for the good of the community as well as I could. I wasn't perfect especially that I couldn't give that much time to TMW as some people required, but the truth is that I was surely a better leader than you. Think reasonably and decide if you want absolute powers or you want the good of TMW.

[...]

Regards.
Last edited by Nard on 20 Feb 2014, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: Who should be the admin of tmw?

Post by Nard »

This is NOT my opinion:
There should be more choices. And the problem is not who administrates TMW but how it is administrated.
Also the project has many faces, with different problems: Server and development, Client and development, content development, Game, website and wiki; Server Machine and maintainance.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

This poll is pointless without more than 2 options.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

No, it goes like this. A choice between a or b isn't a choice.
Its been proven already neither really has the temperament or understanding to handle these situations, IMO. Neither is the better vote here. The person should be elected, like all positions. Not appointed by some watery tart throwing swords at people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

No, it goes like this. A choice between a or b isn't a choice.
Its been proven already neither really has the temperament or understanding to handle these situations, IMO. Neither is the better vote here. The person should be elected, like all positions. Not appointed by some watery tart throwing swords at people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvKIWjnEPNY
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

You forget important option: "none of above". Selecting between 2 high-profile admin power abusers sucks. These two should be revoked any powers and then if they want to do something useful - okay, it's fine. But their exercises in abusing of admin powers and damaging project are just annoying. Unable to vote as I dislike both options equally bad. Less sucking options? These aren't the only 2 persons in TMW. Both persons proved they can put own personal bugs and vendettas over project goals, other people and so on.
ThePeaceMaker
Newly Registered User

Post by ThePeaceMaker »

:alt-1:
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Roles confusion has always happened in TMW. Someone can be a good system administrator, while being a donkey with human relations.
A project Leader must have an overall knowledge of the project and be tough with people management. He/she doesn't need to have the highest technical skills though it helps.
Game administrators, should be gamers, just as GMs are. They are the glue between developers and players, their role is a decisive one in rule setting. People who don't know the game (i.e. play with other players) should not be allowed to set game rules because they don't know what they are speaking about.
In my opinion the content leader is the most important person in the project because he leads the specifications to which all developers will have to comply, including the server code developer.
Forum is an aspect of communication with users. Anyone who has communication problems should obviously stay mostly out.
Web site and wiki are communication media which are shared between users and outside. They represent the front window of the project
If the game rules are not in the wiki, where should they be?
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

No vote cast.

Teamwork is needed here. Also, a quality system needs to be introduced, and have a TEAM administer it. Platyna is right, in that it was "her" game in a kind of way. That can't be denied. When I started playing this game, Platyna, Bjorn and Rotinen were the key people I recall. I don't know what happened with this split, and I'm not opposed to o11c either. I appreciate that many others have put in a lot of hard work, and it is necessary for their involvement in this game to be recognised.

The system is what the problem is. I recommend taking as a good example of a quality system...it's slightly outdated now...just slightly, but it's logical, and is EXCELLENT when applied. It's ISO9000:2000. I'm not saying get the ticks, but I'm saying get the game up to a standard so that if an issue arises, there is a system in place for dealing with it. This system covers the necessary systems being implemented into a (business really) useable sense, and then a review system to ensure that things are followed, and that they run smoothly.

Also, teamwork is needed. Platyna and o11c can't be dissed, although at the same time it appears they can't work together. I disagree in a sense with this, as if a TEAM was appointed, and one lost power to become an agreed decision to be reached by a team, then administration would have at least a JOINT decision, giving it more sway. In a multitude of counsellors there is wisdom...this team attitude needs to be brought back into the game. That was the attraction. I'm aware the world has changed, but unfortunately, this has become a manaworld problem too. Consistent rules ARE required. To say "Oh, that's botting, but that's not" is sometimes necessary. Hence, the review process. Also, having this blind view of the infallibility of those in positions of "authority" as such in the game...come on!!! Don't you guys watch the news? How many leaders do you know who haven't made decisions that are called "debatable" ones? I mean this in a few ways. How can a person who HAS in the past botted be held accountable for the rest of their very existence that they're not trustworthy? If they have established a record of NOT doing it, then what about that? Does that mean that the person who swears should be banned forever, because "we know they'll do it again"? Teamwork, a review system, and an established set of policies and procedures. If you disagree, then that's okay. Still, that system works quite well as long as the motives are good ones. Are the motives good ones? The game seems to have some importance, as neither Platyna, nor o11c are happy to stop the game and let it fade away...this speaks volumes.

Therefore, work it out you two. Work it out and make it work as a team. You BOTH have an actual crew here who enjoy the game, and many have put in a lot of hard work in development and management. Fix it for your own benefits, and also for the game...every player on here will appreciate it.

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Platyna wrote:we can work toghether to make TMW successful. [...] We can surely discuss and work toghether.
Doesn't this change everything? Are we getting close to a compromise? If Platyna is willing to work with TMWC then maybe there's hope to end this conflict.

TMW Team member

ThePeaceMaker
Newly Registered User

Post by ThePeaceMaker »

Let's forget this dark past and try to make a new wonderful and peaceful world.
:alt-6:
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

ThePeaceMaker wrote:Let's forget this dark past and try to make a new wonderful and peaceful world.
:alt-6:
lol

Still, it's not about forgetting, but about learning and progression, then in the words of a recent politician (why the hell am I quoting a polly??? I'm gonna be sick!!!)..."Moving forward"...

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

This will end well :roll:
sexy red bearded GM
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

e11c wrote:Now o11c banned whole *.pl domains, all users on Platinum (Platyna's server, about 500 users) AND deleted their accounts on forums AND banned all the domains, also banned whole ISP (8096 addresses) and a proxy used by almost 50k users.

All that just to not let Platyna speak. wtf is wrong with you o11c?
for the record, who were you?
sexy red bearded GM
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

This is childish -.-
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy