Leo! For GM.

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you think the player 'Leo!' should become a GM?

Yes
31%
No
69%

Total votes: 32
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Leo! For GM.

Post by DarkLord »

Ok, now do not vote no because it is me making this post and alot of you hate me. This is about Leo, I am just suggesting him for GM.

Reasons:
Experienced player
Liked by all players who know him
Fair
Played for 4-5 years
Knows all the rules and how everything works

I hope you people will consider Leo for GM.

Thank you

EDIT: I know people dislike me but over the year of not playing TMW I have changed alot and I am alot more mature now, and me being a dick wasn't all me but I won't get into that, I am asking for forgiveness, and for us to all just be happy without arguing over the internet.
Regards,
DarkLord

Occasionally playing TMW.

Running Windows 8.1 Pro, OS X Mavericks and Ubuntu 13.10
Leo
Novice
Novice

Re: Leo! For GM.

Post by Leo »

Although I haven't played for a while, I have decided to start playing The Mana World again. I personally think that since new content has been added, not many newer players know me.

Although I will (if given enough votes) accept the position, I do hope people take the above statement into account.
Just my opinion. Oh, and please check rule no. 18 before voting (to stop unfair 'no votes' from people who do not know me).

-Leo
Level 74 now, wooh! xD :) (My main char is now Leo!) Image

~Invaders, possibly from space!~
MrDemonWolf
Peon
Peon

Post by MrDemonWolf »

good luck hope it works out for you seen you around here and there you seem like a nice enough player. I still don't know you well enough to vote in my opinion so not going to sorry good luck to you though.
Never quit and Never give up

In game acts:
Mr Demon Wolf/Demonfox as alt.

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 25&t=11647
Anyway, I don't see katze since..what..2 months? o.O

TMW Team member

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

I rarely saw Leo! in the "ungm'd" zone. But if that changes, why not Leo! as a GM? hurray! :mrgreen:
DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

Thank you for your vote, Ali-G and your kind comments to Leo, all of you. I obviously think Leo is an excellent candidate for GM but what I don't understand is the amount of people who voted no. If it's because I started the post, you should not be reflecting your opinions on Leo because of what you may think of me. Do not vote unless you know the player and it's your opinion that he would be a good GM or not. You should be basing your votes on seeing Leo in game and knowing him, and whether you actually think he would be a good GM and not because of me nominating him. Thank you

EDIT: Ali-G, you may not have seen Leo much in game because of the time differences :P anyway, just pointing that out and I'm sure Leo will appreciate your votes.
Regards,
DarkLord

WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

DarkLord wrote:Thank you for your vote, Ali-G and your kind comments to Leo, all of you. I obviously think Leo is an excellent candidate for GM but what I don't understand is the amount of people who voted no. If it's because I started the post, you should not be reflecting your opinions on Leo because of what you may think of me. Do not vote unless you know the player and it's your opinion that he would be a good GM or not. You should be basing your votes on seeing Leo in game and knowing him, and whether you actually think he would be a good GM and not because of me nominating him. Thank you

EDIT: Ali-G, you may not have seen Leo much in game because of the time differences :P anyway, just pointing that out and I'm sure Leo will appreciate your votes.
Look at the other polls, everyone gets a lot of no votes without a reason or a comment, it's not because of you :P

TMW Team member

DarkLord
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkLord »

.:WildX:. wrote:
DarkLord wrote:Thank you for your vote, Ali-G and your kind comments to Leo, all of you. I obviously think Leo is an excellent candidate for GM but what I don't understand is the amount of people who voted no. If it's because I started the post, you should not be reflecting your opinions on Leo because of what you may think of me. Do not vote unless you know the player and it's your opinion that he would be a good GM or not. You should be basing your votes on seeing Leo in game and knowing him, and whether you actually think he would be a good GM and not because of me nominating him. Thank you

Look at the other polls, everyone gets a lot of no votes without a reason or a comment, it's not because of you :P
Yes, that is true. The only reason I'm so paranoid about it is because I did a suggestion for Leo like a year ago and and people said I have "doomed his chances" which is complete and utter rubbish because when people vote they should be reflecting the vote on the player, in this case 'Leo!' and not their personal opinions on me.
Regards,
DarkLord

Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

We need a new GM?
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Reid wrote:We need a new GM?
That's also what i said.
Where are you from Leo? AFAIK we need only an australian GM...

TMW Team member

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

A French one too... Cause a french GM will play mostly day time so from 8am to 6pm server time where no GMs are online.
Falloutboy
Novice
Novice

Post by Falloutboy »

Not all french player could play from 8am to 6pm...
Anyway, Italian, german, and a lot of other european could be to...
Is this a suggestion that you could be a gm?
falloutboy (94) _Atreyu_ (73)
since 2006
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Being a GM isn't my objective, I just help where I can: on wiki, on forum, in game, etc... and I do not ignore the rules. I do play a lot when GMs are not here and I try to make new people understand TMW's rules. I would love to be a DEV or a GM but I don't think I meet the criteria. Please post a new topic if you want me as GM.

Best wishes,
Napalm.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Falloutboy wrote:Not all french player could play from 8am to 6pm...
Anyway, Italian, german, and a lot of other european could be to...
Isn't our spanish GM enough for that? :wink:

TMW Team member

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

AlOnS is rarely here between 7am and 6pm...