bot check

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

bot check

Post by prsm »

Its been assumed that since using manbot is legal, you can make a gm follow you until you decide to answer. I am calling those out, if you get bot checked and decide "to leave the screen", you have to get back to answer, i as a GM will not follow you! I will open this up to a forum, lets make it honest and game worthie! Its time the game plays with honor.

And until a valid argument is put forward, the ban hammer will come!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: bot check

Post by Big Crunch »

We spoke about this earlier and i agree. I believe all of the Gm's are in agreement in this regard.
sexy red bearded GM
yourmistakes
Knight
Knight

Post by yourmistakes »

i support this initiative as i believe it will benefit the community as a whole.
Kandiman
Novice
Novice

Post by Kandiman »

I support this idea as well. Running away from a botcheck shows either a guilty conscience or an automated attempt to bypass the rules.
The only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

I am just a little confused. What screen resolution will you be using? Because at 1920x1800 I can be on screen and answer you, but you, at 800x480, would never see me. Should I assume that we should stop game play every time a gm enters the screen? Everyone on the screen bows down to the great gm's as the enter the world?

There was a really good reason that BOTCHECK was created. But I do agree. Once a gm is on the screen, everyone should stop doing everything they are doing, until the gm leaves the screen. Anyone caught fighting and moving will be instantly banned. Furthermore the gm's are required to use 1920x1800 resolution when ever they are bot check so the characters do not wonder off the screen, or would you like me to set a maximum resolution for the players? We could say, no players are allowed to use a screen resolution greater then 800x480, so they don't wonder off the gm's screen.

So I like the new rules.

1.) Players MUST stop all activity once a gm enters the screen, and bow down to the great gm's. Anything that moves you out of the screen of the gm, is instant banned.
2.) Players MUST us a screen resolution no greater then the gm's screen resolution. If you are using a screen resolution greater then 800x480, you will be instant banned.
3.) GM's are NOT required to wear a gm clothes when the are botchecking, yes prsm, I have the screen shots of you botchecking with the cap.

Does this sound a little Orwellian to you?

But we will have to bow down to the great gm's, let everyone in the manaworld know, if you are move while the gm's are present, they will ban you. Regardless of where you answered on your screen or not.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
alastrim
Novice
Novice

Post by alastrim »

If you have a gigantic screen resolution you will have no problems to know when a GM asks you for a response, and only if that happens you have to stop running and answer.
radiant
Novice
Novice

Post by radiant »

Screen resolution doesn't even help beyond a certain point, because the server won't tell you about objects that are more than 448 pixels away at all.

Can't the GMs take advantage of the botters' own tools and set themselves to "follow" the accused in cases where that's necessary?
dayve
Novice
Novice

Post by dayve »

alastrim wrote:If you have a gigantic screen resolution you will have no problems to know when a GM asks you for a response, and only if that happens you have to stop running and answer.
Prsm NEVER "asked for a response". Prsm NEVER said it was a bot check. I DID sit and wait for him to get me back on his screen, any reply i made to him, he would never have seen. He did not wear cute red outfit, either. He has been around me before, more than once, without it being a bot check.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

i will start with dayve's response first: i never named you in the forums, nor am i saying its you! You have played this game more than most, and since day one if a GM says hello a response was expected, that's not changed, people ignoring GM's, or running off the screen, or just playing to impede "as changed", we will be addressing that now.

Darkwater, i guess your back. I will continue to use the screen resolution that i want, its not dictated in the game. When a GM does a bot check he shows up beside the person being checked, if that person risks running away, that's on them, its there risk and they have to own it! I don't need or want to respond to your sarcasm, i have better things to do!

Many people use manabot, with the exception of 2 people, all are good with it. Democracy should rule here, so like i said in the beginning, until someone can come up with a valid reason, we will soon be honoring this!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Narus
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Narus »

radiant wrote:Screen resolution doesn't even help beyond a certain point, because the server won't tell you about objects that are more than 448 pixels away at all.

Can't the GMs take advantage of the botters' own tools and set themselves to "follow" the accused in cases where that's necessary?
I tried it and believe me is stupid, is like running behind a automated person like a puppy, also automated clients stop killing once we warped the player to botcheck thats why we stop the warps and start botcheck them in the same map we find them. And even those we warp and stop if they don't talk they get banned anyway.
We can run like dogs but is frankly stupid and also is funny the only people who complain is always the same. In this time as GM I always have problems and complains from the same players. It is funny how others are happy to see me even when they are automated (pokes Z* and D*) they are full automated but answer every time, they stop as soon as they see me and even smile to me before I even talk to them. If everyone else was like them we should never run on follow like I was force to do many times and bot checks will be better and faster to both, players and GMs.

A player must answer a GM when they show up (and we warp in the same tile or the one next to them so theres no way to miss us) and even those fully automated must be in front of the screen not AFK, now I wonder if they are in front of the screen watching a movie and the char killing, why the hell is so hard to click the client window stop moving and talk if they are there watching the game?
Is really so hard? How is that a lot of players just stop to kill sit and even talk to us and understand is part of our work, and others just kick around cos they have to stop the char and talk to us?

So from now on we will be waiting full cooperation from players to botchecks, if they don't talk to us in the alloted time they will be banned for afk activity That means all players must stop for a moment talk to us or respond our questions and then they can go ahead running again automated or not. If they don't stop and talk they will be banned for afk activity. It should never be a problem since we know all players are in front of the pc watching the char and have no reason to run from us.
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

I am a bit puzzled by the harsh tone of DarkWater's post. If I do a botcheck I do expect a response, but not a cessation of all activity. And to indicate that I want a response I will use a name (sometimes there are several players on the screen). As I know there is a limitation to how far away you can be to see a response I use whatever tools are at my disposal to make sure my inquiry is seen, and any response it seen. Yes, that means I use the follow command when necessary.

Leaving the screen does not matter to me, I will stay with you if I have reason to be suspicious.

I do not expect all players ever to stop what they are doing when I appear, most will tell you the opposite is true. I only want a response when I ask for one. A general hi is my way of giving all a chance to say hi, if there is someone who I was suspicious about to begin with I will say hello to them specifically.

I don't know if this post helps clear things up or just makes it more confusing, but I will do my job using what tools I have available.
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

prsm wrote:Darkwater, i guess your back. I will continue to use the screen resolution that i want, its not dictated in the game. When a GM does a bot check he shows up beside the person being checked, if that person risks running away, that's on them, its there risk and they have to own it! I don't need or want to respond to your sarcasm, i have better things to do!
But what you want to do is this. A player is making his way back to town, killing while he is doing it. You show up, type something, and he is out of screen before he can see what you typed. You don't wear the cap when you bot check. I have seen it with my own eyes. But if the person is just making his way from point a to point b, you want to make sure you can sneak attack him with a botcheck.

As for the screen resolution, yes it makes a huge difference. If you have your screen set to 1200x 720, the amount of screen compared to 1900x 1820 is huge. For example, I can, with 1900x1820 be next to the well in town and still get the talking from almost anywhere in town.

If the person that is being botcheck as a small screen resolution, and the gm is using a huge one, the character could walk no more then 5 steps in any direction and be out of screen range of the gm. 5 steps between ban and no ban is just stupid.
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

There is no reason for the player to stop killing, because we don't want to hinder their fun or get the character killed, however we need a measure of cooperation as well. I think this is a perfectly reasonable requirement. Screen size doesn't matter as text is only seen in a certain area.
sexy red bearded GM
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

If i see a gm i just say" hi" thats enough. If not i have 2 use my perfekt english skills. xD the last "botchek" i can remember was from BC. The "girl-gm's never did" . BC was asking me something about the current event. Smart, very smart! Yes i have every kind of client and i use it, thats not a secret. But using it afk is a shame. Like Mistakes did(your char was away from the loot 2 steps away and didnt move 4 a long time so plz dont tell me you havnt been away from keyboard 4 just some sec)
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

If you use a small screen resolution, use a botting client and maybe disable the chat it means you want the ban, afk or not.

TMW Team member