[PASS] mrgrey for GM - renomination

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for person mrgrey to become a GM?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 69
Jumpy
Knight
Knight

Re: mrgrey for GM - renomination

Post by Jumpy »

Again.... full support

hi there ;)

couldn't be without voting !

so di I

with a big yes

why ?

because he is first as a player someone with values and respecting others
second because mrgrey he has opinions and vision on the game that fit mine

third and at least but not last :) i love his humor

he had heart
he has conviction
he has moderation and vision

so he is a perfect match

see you ;)

A.
DBMP - BMS - HFDI
Don't Bring Me Problems - Bring Me Solution
and Have Fun Doing It : P

lvl 99 89 56 51 47 42 7
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

Yes.Yes.Yes!
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
Deimheucadh
Novice
Novice

Post by Deimheucadh »

yes, however i cannot vote. mrgray is good :)
Villain
Novice
Novice

Post by Villain »

Voting yes even though he's Canadian... how they acquired spoon technology is beyond me.
RIP Frost, Big Crunch, Mistakes, mrgrey, and MrWho
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Again, yes.

Once again two pages of people saying yes but no comments about the no's D:

TMW Team member

Coolkid 782
Novice
Novice

Post by Coolkid 782 »

Yes! He is a great candidate for gm.
~coolkid 782 aka coolkid 782's junk shop
Leoncrofftz
Newly Registered User

Post by Leoncrofftz »

Yes, he is a kind man.. :)
Tinkerbell
Peon
Peon

Post by Tinkerbell »

I voted yes for Grey Mr, of course, he's smart, fair and wears pink better then I do (grrrr)
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Thanks everyone, I'd like to say one thing I didn't really in the previous poll. I've gotten a lot of criticism and mean comments in game because I hang out with a lot of known "trolls", and also because I use the pvp zones for pvp. I've even been told on the forums that I "can't be objective" because I'm in a guild. To these statements, I can only say that the people in question either do not know me well at all, or are overreacting to being killed in pvp, which is sadly common.

I have a lot of "troll" friends, but in a position as GM, if they were to knowingly break the rules in my presence, they would be appropriately punished.
I am in a guild - I have a functioning brain, and make my own choices independently of what those players think.
I kill people in pvp zones sometimes - there are very few pvp zones (2, and only one that's a proper, used map), and I take advantage of this. If someone thinks I'd be a bad GM for that, they clearly have an issue with the game itself, and this is something I can't do anything about. I'm very open to whispers in game, and I've left many people alone in pvp when they asked, but most prefer to respond with abuse and insults.

All I'm saying, is I try to have fun in the game. I don't try to do things to harass players, but I think a little mischief in a game is necessary once in a while. Anyone who is undecided on voting, please feel free to contact me in game, or even on here, and get to know me a bit before you decide. I don't care if I don't know you, or if I do and we have some negative history - I remember the past, and learn from it, but I will not hold a grudge and dismiss you for it, and I hope you can do the same for me if that's the case. Thanks for reading :)
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
DarkWater
Warrior
Warrior

Post by DarkWater »

yourmistakes wrote:I have to express curiosity to the reason behind the "no" votes, as in both polls so far, no one has expressed a reason for voting against mrgrey.
http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... 12&t=14096

I am going to go with open witch hunts in which anyone can say they where scammed and have the community turn on them, for one hundred, please?

"Directed towards mrgrey."

I don't like that you have a crown, "you scammed me!!!", and the community hangs you. Of course the flip side of that is simply. player: "Dark water scammed me!!!" Community:"Of course she did, now let gang up on her." Player: ""Respectable player name here" scammed me!!!" Community: "He would never do that!!!" Regardless if he actually did it or not.

No proof, no legal standing, just a "he said, she said" argument, and the community gets to pick who is the better liar. After that, a great old fashion witch hunt for the person that "wronged" them. I would, if I did vote in these things, have to question your position on this. Scamming is not against the rules, but you feel that you need to make it community morality issue, by listing those that have done "wrong", with out proof, evidence, or over sight by the gm's. I can not imagine what you would do if you thought someone you like was wronged, and you had the power to do something about it.

Once again, I do feel that you can become to attached to players in this game, and are way to willing to create a "moral mob" to undo a "wrong" that has gone "unpunished".
I am relentless, unpredictable, waiting for your last breath- Princess of Darkness
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

While I think you're overreacting to what was just a simple idea, you do make a good point. That topic could be abused, and when I made it I didn't really think ahead to how to prevent that. Creating it was a spur of the moment decision due to a lot of angry complaining in town over such an incident, and I asked in town if I should make it beforehand. Prsm was there and didn't see any problem with it, nor did anyone else. Really, I intended it to be something the community could work with or ignore at their will. I could care less if the topic continues or gets closed.

I respect that you have your own opinions, but really, you talk about me like you know me well, when we've hardly interacted outside of the forums and a few conversations in game. Just because I happened to disagree with you and others, and voice my opinions, it does not mean I did that to defend friends of mine. I don't like to start trouble with other people because of my friends, because as far as I'm concerned, if you have a problem with someone it's your own business. When it's an issue on a public forum though, if I strongly agree or disagree with something, I'll say my opinion.

If making a topic you don't like is your reason why people shouldn't vote for me, that's silly. For one thing, I may have to be more cautious if I become a GM, but at the time I made that topic, like now, I'm just a regular player. If you truly think I would abuse the position for my friends' benefit, as I said before, you don't know me well at all. I'm quite attached to some players, that's true, but I wouldn't hesitate to ban them for breaking the rules, or be more lenient with them because of that. If they willingly want to do that with me around, they do that knowing I Will act, and if they have a problem... they should have known better. I know this isn't likely to convince you, but that's fine. But seriously, if you take anything out of what I wrote, let it be this: I've gotten involved with many heated debates on here, and some of them even got a little personal, but every one of those, I got involved because I had an opinion and disagreed with what somebody said. I have no problem with you, but I'd really appreciate it if you stop insinuating that everything I do is an emotional response to help my friends. They can take care of themselves, I just like to get my word in. :P
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

I dont vote "no" again cuz nobody else like you is sitting at the gms lap like you. Good job! xD
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Deimheucadh
Novice
Novice

Post by Deimheucadh »

all my 3 chars: Munkar, Deimheucadh and Azzazzel are for you, mr Gray. (voted once)
Okurwieniec !!!
Peon
Peon

Post by Okurwieniec !!! »

Mr Grey i voted yes may you ban my enemies forever :D (or at least spawn a hordes of mobs on them being invisible, especially on Depredador)
You Don't Know The Power Of The Dark Side
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

ChefChelios wrote:I dont vote "no" again cuz nobody else like you is sitting at the gms lap like you. Good job! xD
It is not important who GMs like or not. This poll system is made to regulate these issues. In short: he could be a GM's husband, and still if he did not reach the correct amount of votes or vote ratio he will be not considered to GM position.

So vote as you really think, not like majority votes otherwise you just give up your decision power.

Regards.