[PASS] mrgrey for GM - renomination

A forum for the community to suggest new Game Masters. PLEASE READ THE RULES.
Forum rules
1. Each member of the community can make a topic (poll) suggesting another person for a GM. You can't make a poll for yourself.
2. One topic per person, any duplicates will be removed and votes will be lost.
3. Each poll has to be done according to the schema (yes has to be first option and no the second):
"Do you agree for person X to become a GM?"
"Yes."
"No."
You are supposed to allow only one option per user and allow revoting.
You are supposed to pick "run for 0 days".
4. A person suggested has to collect at least 45 votes (or more) for yes, with minimum 75% for yes and maximum 25% for no (3:1 ratio).
5. A person suggested may request closing of the topic.
6. Only posts containing valid pros and cons are allowed in the threads, discussions however are not allowed. For discussions about particular case use Player Talk forums.
7. If a person collects the required votes, assuming there are free positions and no objections are raised, they'll be granted "Junior GM" rights for a certain period.
8. After training and approval from the senior GMs, the team will formally grant full GM rights and team membership.
9. If many persons will gain required voices, voice count will matter.
10. The amount of GMs to pick in certain time line will be determined by the TMW Team (Admins, GMs and developers).
11. Persons rejected due lack of free positions will be put on hold till any position becomes available (according to vote count).
12. If more than a year passes, a new poll must be open to ensure the community is still fine with the nomination.
13. Usual GM choosing criteria and guidelines still apply, persons not meeting those criteria will be rejected and will have their thread closed.
14. Sockpuppeting will be detected and all accounts, including the master's one will be banned forever without warning. There is one vote per person, and a person means a human being not a forum account.
15. If this forum will turn into a flame war cave, people posting here will act unreasonably and will break the rules on massive scale, forum will be closed down. So use it wisely.
16. If you don't know a person suggested, it is better to find out who is s/he and what they do before voting, do not vote "no" just because you don't know someone.
17. State EXACT player name that clearly identify a person (in game or on forums - precise which one it is).
18. After a candidate receives required amount of votes, the poll is closed, a candidate reviewed by the TMW Committee and asked (or not - in case of valid objections) to become a GM.
19. You need to have at least 10 posts to participate in the polls.

Do you agree for person mrgrey to become a GM?

Yes
90%
No
10%

Total votes: 69
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: mrgrey for GM - renomination

Post by WildX »

Having friends doesn't mean you can't be a GM because you would abuse of your 'powers' for them.
Being in a guild doesn't mean you will use your powers as the guilds say.
Having 'troll' friends doesn't mean you will use GM powers to make an empowered ultra-troll. :P

Other reasons are just too silly, don't need comments.

TMW Team member

Dark_Mag
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Dark_Mag »

Voted "yes". Why? Have no idea, maybe because I was to lazy to find other buttons. 8)

Cheers, dark
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Mrgrey is a fair fun player that the community gets along with well. Hes not the kind to stand up for his friends if abuse is going on in town or anywhere in the game. I support mrgrey fully on this poll.

Good luck grey (again)
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Yes again.xyz
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Wild, empowered ultra troll huh? Intriguing.... :evil:
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Lizandra
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Lizandra »

come on people...7 more "yes"...he deserves it!

"Perspective is everything"

Level 76!

ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

Gimme 1kk for a YES! xD
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
Unwelcome
Newly Registered User

Post by Unwelcome »

I vote yes.

^_^

Edit by moderator: This user did not actually vote, because NRUs can't vote.
JatLee
Novice
Novice

Post by JatLee »

Re-vote YES

Go Go mrgrey :)
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

mrgrey is oftenly trolling with Mistakes. Since we have some players reporting insults from Mistakes, I really do think that Mistakes influences mrgrey's judgment thus I chose not to risk being trolled in the face, replying back and get banned because Mistakes will greatly influence mrgrey since they are, as it seems, good friends.

I think that the current GMs are doing already a great job and imho, mrgrey doesn't fit the GM category, hence I voted no.

Regards,
Ali-G
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

Ali-G: you seem to change your mind, constantly. What exactly have I done that makes you think Mistakes' influence will make me a bad GM? Honestly I find your assumption that I'm that biased insulting. I have plenty of friends, many of whom dislike each other, and none of them really influence me to do anything I wouldn't otherwise feel compelled to do. You in particular seem to keep finding random reasons to vote no, like bringing up Capitan last time in a situation where it was hardly relevant, and then later changing your mind. If you feel so strongly, then vote no, I have no problem with that, just make up your mind lol.

ps - If by Some players you mean Kull's recent topic, that is beyond silly. Kull is one person, who likes to start big debates. Those usually end in various people who disagree being called stupid, moron, and worse things. That aside, Mistakes is kind of a troll, and I still like him for that. It doesn't mean he gets a free pass to break the rules in front of me, but feel free to believe what you wish. I'd appreciate if people would keep their criticism on topic as to things about me, rather than things they assume about me over who I associate with.
Last edited by mistergrey on 26 Sep 2011, 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P

<o11c> chatroulette

Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

mistergrey wrote:If you feel so strongly, then vote no, I have no problem with that, just make up your mind lol.
That is what I did.
mistergrey wrote:It doesn't mean he gets a free pass to break the rules in front of me, but feel free to believe what you wish.
I don't want to take that risk even if I entirely trust you.
mistergrey wrote:If by Some players you mean Kull's recent topic, that is beyond silly. Kull is one person, who likes to start big debates and insult people who continue disagreeing with him.
Well I think Kull is right even if you think that he wants to start big debates, etc... : Mistakes doesn't know when to stop trolling, end of discussion.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

You saying things as facts does not make them accurate. When I said make up your mind, I meant stop finding increasingly assumptive reasons for changing your vote.
Ali-G wrote:
mistergrey wrote:If by Some players you mean Kull's recent topic, that is beyond silly. Kull is one person, who likes to start big debates and insult people who continue disagreeing with him.
Well I think Kull is right even if you think that he wants to start big debates, etc... : Mistakes doesn't know when to stop trolling, end of discussion.
Even if I "THINK"? He does it often, you can ask many, many players. And if you feel that way because he aims some of that trolling your way, well that's too bad, but it's not like I'm in a position to do anything about it. I don't care if you want to start some big anti-Mistakes campaign on here, but if you want to keep pointing out character flaws you Think I have, any number of people can do the same for you, or any other player. All I'm asking is stop making assumptions about me because of who I'm friends with, it's not that hard. Most of the GMs are friends with Mistakes too, I don't see you rallying about them being unfair in his favor. If you "trusted me entirely" as you said, you wouldn't insinuate that I'll be that biased in his favor. You didn't seem to think there was a risk when you were voting yes before, so I have to admit to being a bit confused as to what's changed.

<o11c> chatroulette

Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

Ali-G wrote:Well I think Kull is right even if you think that he wants to start big debates, etc... : Mistakes doesn't know when to stop trolling, end of discussion.
I find it interesting that, of all the people who have posted for and against mrgrey, you identified Kull and Mistakes as the key influences on your decision.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Frost wrote:
Ali-G wrote:Well I think Kull is right even if you think that he wants to start big debates, etc... : Mistakes doesn't know when to stop trolling, end of discussion.
I find it interesting that, of all the people who have posted for and against mrgrey, you identified Kull and Mistakes as the key influences on your decision.
Kull was one example. Mistakes is the main reason for my choice.