Original TMW server at themanaworld.net

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Original TMW server at themanaworld.net

Post by Platyna »

Qwerty Dragon wrote:
Platyna wrote:I have received multiple requests from you about running the original TMW server.
:D :D :D
Those who would like to play please post here. If your state your current email address and your desired username@themanaworld.net you will receive an email alias of your choice. :-)

Regards.
It would be better to PM you our email addresses for privacy, and post here just to comment.

The username@themanaworld.net is for the Forum I guess and we would have our account(s) with same ID and password when logging into game with client? So we take back up where we were in game at time of your most recent backup of game? If so then for forum I would like "Qwerty Dragon". Will send PM with request of that forum username with my email address.
You can post your email here or PM it. Forums/game etc. accounts will be the same as on the original server, so no need to create new ones. :)

Regards.
Whistler
Peon
Peon

Post by Whistler »

Hi,
Platyna wrote:Well, you paid for the machine, so it is your right, therefore I decided to change my minds and run that server.

first good news since their "move".
Since our user's datas are quite volatile those days and given that it might allready
have been sold , nice new links on the front page ... here's my current email: limus[(at)]orange.fr

Have a good day.
http://themanaworld.net/ a well known host for real players.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Ok, who wants the email alias, please post here:
http://forums.themanaworld.net/viewtopic.php?p=131686

Forums and site are up now!

EDIT: I have just received a nice paste - I am now compared by current administration to a bank robber.

Regards.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

My honest hope was that Platyna and the TMWC would have found a compromise to work together for the best interests of the game. It has been all of your efforts that have kept the game alive for all these years. If you split the community by cloning the user files, I don't think that will be a benefit to the game.

I don't think it should even be an option that both sides fail to find common ground and both sides need to start thinking outside the box to mend the fences. Everyone had a part to play in how the fences became broken in the first place, and perhaps that honest realization could be the first step towards the mending.

I still believe, for reasons I gave here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... &start=170, that Platyna owns the server datafiles containing the playersaves, and no other group has a right to them without her permission. It is my opinion, which I backed up, but it remains just an opinion. That said, TMW will not survive without a development team. There would also be no TMW today if Platyna hadn't admined and hosted during some critical years too, plus she is a proven stable long-term host and admin. Bottom line, I think you all really need each other, and I wish you would all start honestly acting that way. Trying looking to each others strengths, instead of weaknesses. And good luck.

In the meantime, I'll still log into into TMW occasionally, but my heart is broken with what has been done to the sense of community and respect for each other (even in the face of great differences).

I'll be playing EVOL online more, and TMW less, as a direct result of these events, with what little time I have left to play these days anyways.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

cody wrote:
Platyna wrote:BC, accounts not used for half a year are being deleted automatically, you should know it.
You are wrong. Purges were always started by hand. The last one was 14 month ago, done by Bjorn.
I know. I will set a cron job with a reminder.

Regards.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

blackrazor wrote:My honest hope was that Platyna and the TMWC would have found a compromise to work together for the best interests of the game. It has been all of your efforts that have kept the game alive for all these years. If you split the community by cloning the user files, I don't think that will be a benefit to the game.

I don't think it should even be an option that both sides fail to find common ground and both sides need to start thinking outside the box to mend the fences. Everyone had a part to play in how the fences became broken in the first place, and perhaps that honest realization could be the first step towards the mending.

I still believe, for reasons I gave here: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... &start=170, that Platyna owns the server datafiles containing the playersaves, and no other group has a right to them without her permission. It is my opinion, which I backed up, but it remains just an opinion. That said, TMW will not survive without a development team. There would also be no TMW today if Platyna hadn't admined and hosted during some critical years too, plus she is a proven stable long-term host and admin. Bottom line, I think you all really need each other, and I wish you would all start honestly acting that way. Trying looking to each others strengths, instead of weaknesses. And good luck.

In the meantime, I'll still log into into TMW occasionally, but my heart is broken with what has been done to the sense of community and respect for each other (even in the face of great differences).

I'll be playing EVOL online more, and TMW less, as a direct result of these events, with what little time I have left to play these days anyways.
Problem is that the only person who seems to be able to think about TMW more than about own personal things is me.

That move wasn't done to benefit the community, it was done to get rid of me because I did not agreed to everything they demanded. They never sought any agreement - that's why the plan was plotted on a secret channel and I never was notified. This is not the way that is taken by people who want to solve problems, they just treated TMW like an item, that they want for themselves. Therefore you coudn't expect that anything would suddenly change in their behaviour.

When server was ddosed I offered to set the backup machine, with Jenalya having access, and they refused - they prefered to keep server down than use my help.

I have setup the server due to multiple requests made by players - if they want it, this is their decision, they paid for it, it belongs to them.

TMW contributors are more than welcome to still contribute to the original server.

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

blackrazor wrote:My honest hope was that Platyna and the TMWC would have found a compromise to work together for the best interests of the game. It has been all of your efforts that have kept the game alive for all these years. If you split the community by cloning the user files, I don't think that will be a benefit to the game.

I completely agree with this. I believe both sides COULD work together.

TMW Team member

prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I wish you the very best with your new server and all your
endeavors Platyna!
Platyna wrote: Problem is that the only person who seems to be able to think about TMW more than about own personal things is me.
Without trying to raise a raucous, and i speak only for myself. This is why i left the ghp for the tmwc! This game is a compilation of many people working together, and many people spending countless hours working and most of us working to move the game forward! This game is not about a benevolent dictator, its about the game. Its really that simple.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, Than living as a puppet or a slave!

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

prsm wrote:I wish you the very best with your new server and all your
endeavors Platyna!
Platyna wrote: Problem is that the only person who seems to be able to think about TMW more than about own personal things is me.
Without trying to raise a raucous, and i speak only for myself. This is why i left the ghp for the tmwc! This game is a compilation of many people working together, and many people spending countless hours working and most of us working to move the game forward! This game is not about a benevolent dictator, its about the game. Its really that simple.

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, Than living as a puppet or a slave!

Prsm
You never was a puppet or a slave. Rules are needed. And all I did is ensuring proper division of power. So drop the blatant propagada and learn to think by yourself. Especially that propaganda lacks logic. And there are no TMWC, there is o11c and his propaganda.

WildX: I will never agree for developers to have GM powers. It is harmful for the project. Developers are to develop things, not to be overlords.

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Platyna wrote:
WildX: I will never agree for developers to have GM powers. It is harmful for the project. Developers are to develop things, not to be overlords.

Regards.
I never said anything about allowing devs to become GMs. I said there could be a way for you and the "TMWC" to work with each other instead of against each other.

TMW Team member

Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

.:WildX:. wrote:
Platyna wrote:

Regards.
I never said anything about allowing devs to become GMs. I said there could be a way for you and the "TMWC" to work with each other instead of against each other.
I do work on behalf of TMW players - nothing changed. It is o11c and co. who didn't want to work with me because I refused to give them certain permissions. :)

Anyway we have a original server back. Let's play and be happy.

Regards.
Tiana
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Tiana »

Platyna wrote:I will never agree for developers to have GM powers. It is harmful for the project. Developers are to develop things, not to be overlords.
That's a pity as I heard Chicka-Maria was coming along nicely with some development work she was doing. But as your new GM on your server she will not be allowed to grow those skills and add to your content.

Best of luck!

(To be honest, coming on April Fool's Day this all makes me wonder...)
Tiana - former GM of TMW
Forum avatar designed for me by my dear friend skipy
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Yes, Tiana, like you need a title to do useful contributions. Don't forget to add that I am stalinistic Cute Kitten, like certain "admins".

Regards.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Come on, Platyna, that isn't the way people talk. We are not all against you.
We just want your vote to count equal! not more like it has.

Your anger is alarming, its a game! If you care to join us, we can talk.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

prsm wrote:Come on, Platyna, that isn't the way people talk. We are not all against you.
We just want your vote to count equal! not more like it has.

Your anger is alarming, its a game! If you care to join us, we can talk.
I am not angry. Who told you that? I am rather concerned.

BigCrunch is now trolling and spamming my threads, you want to talk about it?

I was told, by people who I trusted many years, things that I would never expect to hear from worst enemies, do you want to talk about it?

Now you want to talk? Why no one wanted to talk (other way than on a secret channel I wasn't aware of) before 09.03?

Your votes were always taken into consideration, but you can't expect that I will agree on everything and I will just give up the rules that were fundaments of this community for many years.

Regards.