Game Rules in Wiki

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Game Rules in Wiki

Post by o11c »

Putting the rules on another part of the website is a good idea.

Unfortunately, since I'm the one who has to do *everything* for TMW, that will have to wait until I have time to implement it properly.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

o11c wrote:...since I'm the one who has to do *everything* for TMW...
Grow up.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

melkior wrote:
o11c wrote:...since I'm the one who has to do *everything* for TMW...
Grow up.
Calling me names won't change the fact that:
  • There are a dozen people with as much authority to make decisions as me.
  • There are literally hundreds of people who could propose a solution.
  • There are half a dozen people who could promote the change once it is chosen.
but nothing is going to happen unless I do it.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

I am not calling you names. I'm telling you to grow up. What you've posted is an insult to every member of this project, both past and present. To claim that you do everything is ridiculous, and I'm sure a lot of people who are mapping, making music, creating graphics, writing quests, taking care of the Wiki, etc., would agree.

You sound like Platyna.

Do you realise how ridiculous and off-putting such a statement sounds? Especially when placed in the most active sub-forum, and written by one of the admins of the game, no less.

The thing is, o11c, if you left the project, it would go on. If everyone else left, and you stayed alone, it would die. And people are leaving, and you're not helping matters.

So, grow up. Or leave. Either is fine, and I think more and more TMWC members don't care which one you choose. As long as you choose one.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

o11c wrote:I'm the one who has to do *everything* for TMW
o11c wrote:nothing is going to happen unless I do it.
Cover your noses everyone, I hear God complex is contagious.

TMW Team member

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Prove me wrong. Go do it.

I neither claim nor have exclusive write access to the wiki.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

@o11c Not everything is bounded to you and you do not have responsibility for everything. Other people have responsibilities too. Graphics, Music, Mapping and other content like Melkior suggested also count as a lot of work in this game being a GM is work too.

@Melkior, o11c does matter just like anybody else and he is useful. The players, Gms, Devs, testers, etc everyone counts. So yes there would be a difference if o11c had left, just not a difference that would close the game down.

IMO it looks childish and is embarrassing when people who are supposed to be on the same team talk to one another in such manner. Honestly I don't care what both of you might think of this post either, I'm just saying what others are saying/thinking in private.

regards,
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

Why does everything our TMWC do have to dissolve into a fight? Can't you guys work together?

Also, this thread is going way off topic. Rules should go on the new site, the only place anyone can find them now is a npc in Tul. o11c no one is going to change them and you know it. Quit making a mountain out of an anthill. End of story and end of arguing.

Sheesh, everyone needs to grow up.
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
SriNitayanda
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by SriNitayanda »

meh another flamewar
In control of tmw media (aka @broadcast) and tmw financial sector (aka GMstorage) | also a member of tmw Bilderberg Group (aka Phoenix Council guild)
2013-11/26/#General.log:[15:00] veryape: meh, guild is down, we cant conspire at all
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

Chicka-Maria wrote: IMO it looks childish and is embarrassing when people who are supposed to be on the same team talk to one another in such manner. Honestly I don't care what both of you might think of this post either, I'm just saying what others are saying/thinking in private.
I know. And I agree. But talking nicely didn't work, so maybe it's time for a different approach. Talking in private didn't work, either, so maybe it's time to drag this whole thing out in the open.

As for what others might be saying/thinking in private, I think it would benefit us all if less stuff was done in private, and more things were said out in the open. Maybe I'm wrong, but at least I'm willing to try new approaches and not scared of crashing and burning.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Dyna wrote:o11c no one is going to change them and you know it. Quit making a mountain out of an anthill. End of story and end of arguing.
Sorry, but this is wrong, as much as I would like it to be true.

I don't claim that people *might* change the "Game Rules" article. I claim that people *have* changed it in the past. Just like people edited the "Authorized Bots" page, though at least in that case making it editable only by wiki admins was enough.
Dyna
Novice
Novice

Post by Dyna »

o11c wrote:Sorry, but this is wrong, as much as I would like it to be true.

I don't claim that people *might* change the "Game Rules" article. I claim that people *have* changed it in the past. Just like people edited the "Authorized Bots" page, though at least in that case making it editable only by wiki admins was enough.
I am pretty sure I meant if the rules were on a website and not the wiki. Anyone really, can edit a wiki but why are you concerned about them being posted on the official page? Our players should have access to knowing what the rules are outside of the game.
Wishing things were different...hoping for better now.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

I think the game will be a better place if the rules are effectively communicated.
I also think it serves nobody's interests if the rules are obfuscated or hard to find.

So, whether it's web site or wiki (it could be both: official rules on web site and examples in the wiki), let's at least try to make this work.
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Back on Topic.

I like them being part of the github webpages as then they can be better viewed and diff'd via version control, plus it is alot harder for ragequits to effect the rules.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Frost
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Frost »

wushin wrote:Back on Topic.

I like them being part of the github webpages as then they can be better viewed and diff'd via version control
The wiki has version control and diffs, and a nicer web interface than github. Compare this to...I don't know quite how to view changes on the github site. Maybe like this?
plus it is alot harder for ragequits to effect the rules.
How many people can make changes to the git repo? I count 38 contributors here. At least person with direct commit access already ragequit and shut down all services he was hosting for TMW.
If the wiki page is locked by the wiki admin (as it is), it can be changed only by the wiki admin (formerly Nard, currently Jaxad) or by someone with direct access to the mysql database (thus a server admin can override the wiki admin.) I'm not aware of any wiki admin who has ragequit and vandalized the wiki.
We also have daily backups of the wiki in at least 3 locations.

Can you explain in more detail how the github repo is more tightly controlled than the wiki site?
You earn respect by how you live, not by what you demand.
-unknown