Hello Fellas.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
snoopy
Novice
Novice

Hello Fellas.

Post by snoopy »

Hello guys ,it has been a long time since i played tmw and visited this forum and today i just
thought about tmw and i decided to visit a bit to see what's going on but when i typed the url bang page blocked(banned) i've heard something lately about some bans in Kosovo but banning all the state?i'am curious to know what did happened with Kosovo's players,
also if i try to download the game, will my accounts still be there it's been so long who knows what happened to them and i saw 2 similar forums one with .net one with .org
which one is real i typed my password at both sites i hope, none scams :s
So i'am looking for someone to give me some answers and some topics related to this case
btw you have got some shitty protection in your website so easy to go in :alt-7:
(°_°)
Chay
Novice
Novice

Re: Hello Fellas.

Post by Chay »

that's why your country is banned: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17498&p=140108&hil ... er#p140108

(oh and how did you "hear" about the kosovo ban? tmw gossip so loud it reaches kosovo?)
snoopy
Novice
Novice

Post by snoopy »

Chay wrote:that's why your country is banned: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=17498&p=140108&hil ... er#p140108

(oh and how did you "hear" about the kosovo ban? tmw gossip so loud it reaches kosovo?)
i heard from my friend "blend" i guess old players could know him he was intrested to create
a tmw server(again because he did that once) lately and he found out that he was banned
so this is how i heard about for kosova ban

and btw "platyna" was something important in this game before right? why is she banned?
(°_°)
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

snoopy wrote:i saw 2 similar forums one with .net one with .org
which one is real i typed my password at both sites i hope, none scams :s
[...]
and btw "platyna" was something important in this game before right? why is she banned?
We discuss this topic ONLY in this thread.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

Hello snoopy, as you can see, most people "in charge" are avoiding to explain what exactly happened and are linking you to some forum threads which will probably confuse you even more. Let me tell you exactly what happened to this server:

At some point in time a group of devs formed a secret alliance to overthrow Platyna. They talked about it for months, planning and when the time came (Platyna had some big exams and couldn't be online for a couple of weeks) they stole all the server files and switched the host.

The reason why they did it was because Platyna didn't want this game to become commercial. The "secret dev alliance" on the other hand wants to make some cash off this game by charging us money to play. At the time before the server theft I was talking to Platyna about becoming GM and Forum Moderator, things to which she agreed but when the " secret dev alliance" found out about this, they rushed into moving the server because they knew I would never agree with their plans.

When the community found out about what had happened, they were outgraged on the forums but you won't see that since all those posts had been deleted by "the secret dev alliance". Some of the people left the game forever, a few moved on Platyna's server but most of us remained here hoping to do something and bring this game back to its glory days.

It should be said that not all of the devs are part of "the secret dev alliance" and some of them are trying to fight those forces of evil. A week ago I was nominated by some good people for the position of Forum Moderator (which would give me access to the secret forums also) but when "the secret dev alliance", which has majority in TMWC, found out about this, they did everything in their power to stop me from getting that position ( because I would expose their secret plans). So they threatened some of the GMs to vote against me or they would lose their GM positions.

Also they started to ban some countries where they knew I had a lot of people support and by doing that they made sure I didn't win the GM polls.

Just a week ago I was banned by a GM (who I think is part of "the secret dev alliance") because he found my name offensive ( you can check out the Court House forums and verify my story). He banned me because I was exposing them in public chat and was telling people about what is really going on here.

I hope you get to read this post before it "misteriously" dissapears or I get banned on the forums for something I didn't do.
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
snoopy
Novice
Novice

Post by snoopy »

damn it mrwho you are like wikileaks thanks for the answer but bjorn still owns the game right? whatwas platyna's role in game exactly, who has the highest rank in this game now?
back in the days if i'am not wrong there was bjorn and purple most important players what about now is it crush?
and someone give me an answer or check if my account(Sookill) is still avilable i've read somewhere they made a clear list for the people who didn't play for a long time.
(°_°)
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

nooo MrWho, as much as I love your sense of humor, there are people taking it serious :D

@snoopy:
The Platyna story in a nutshell:
The TMWC/GHP back then (I wasn't in TMWC at that time) decided to go on without Platyna as they had several issues with her which Platyna of course didn't like but also didn't stop bugging people in this forum (and in game) until she got banned for a certain time.

But as Crush said (and sorry Crush :oops: ) better use the other topic for details. It was created so other topics are free from this drama and the people being sick of this can just avoid this certain flamewar topic and safely read others ;)

Oh and I guess welcome back! :D

Edit:
Platyna was the server host, there's no owner (except ElvenProgrammer who owns the domain IIRC) and Crush is an ex-dev and now forum administrator.
The clear lists are at the bottom of this page ("purge").
I found this at http://server.themanaworld.org/gm/purge ... acters.txt :Removing character Sookill
dunno what exactly it means though...
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
snoopy
Novice
Novice

Post by snoopy »

is there any way to re-back my account i just wanna go online and make some charity i was rich and i had lot or rare items :s
(°_°)
EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

If your account is on the list, then it's all gone now.
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

snoopy wrote:bjorn still owns the game right?
Bjorn never owned anything.

He used to be the lead developer of the Mana client and the new server software Manaserv (which has nothing to do with tmwAthena, the server used by TMW) till 2009.

But due to personal differences, the development of the Mana Client and Manaserv split off of the TMW project and became an own project (Manasource) in 2009. From that point on Bjorn had no direct influence on TMW anymore. When TMW then decided to no longer support the Mana client and switched to Manaplus (a fork of the Mana client), he also lost any indirect influence he had left on TMW.
whatwas platyna's role in game exactly?
Platyna was the server hoster till mid-2013 when the TMW development team decided to no longer work with her (let's leave it as that).
days if i'am not wrong there was bjorn and purple most important players
The project founder ElvenProgrammer aka Purple has retired from development long ago. He still owns the domain themanaworld.org, though, and authorized its move away from Platynas infrastructure.
is it crush?
I used to be a very active developer, but due to my real-life job I don't have time for that anymore. The only authority I still hold is that I am a forum administrator. I no longer have any creative influence on the game itself, nor do I want any.
what about now?
TMW is now lead by the TMW Committee, a democratic syndicate consisting of developers, game masters and server admins.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

bjorn was purple. Elven was Elven4000.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Crush wrote:democratic
Incorrect.

TMW Team member

o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

.:WildX:. wrote:
Crush wrote:democratic
Incorrect.
It's meritocratic ... which is really just democratic with more weight applied to people who are more productive.

The GM component is fully democratic, however.
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

o11c wrote:democratic with more weight applied to people who are more productive
All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. That's not democracy.
It's more similar to how the Chinese Communist Party works than any (real) democracy I know of. I'm not criticising the TMWC, I'm just pointing out that this because I'm a politics nerd. :lol:

TMW Team member

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

.:WildX:. wrote:It's more similar to how the Chinese Communist Party works than any (real) democracy I know of. I'm not criticising the TMWC, I'm just pointing out that this because I'm a politics nerd. :lol:
Actually, it is perfect USA-style democracy: disagree USA and get free tomahawk missiles on your head (unless you have nukes to scare 'em away). Somehow, poland Platyna did bad politics and lost her nukes :mrgreen:. Then she got her tomahawks, "made in USA". Democracy restored! :roll: And you better to agree this view. Because "USA" haven't used all "tomahawks" yet. Now I can see how that "democracy" thing works :wink:.