New Player

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
BlasterKing99
Newly Registered User

New Player

Post by BlasterKing99 »

Hello!
I'm Blaster and I found TMW and Evol Online Yesterday and I'm really enjoying the games haha c:
I just wanted to know if it was still in development?? and If anyone could teach me a few things.
Thanks!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: New Player

Post by WildX »

Hello! Welcome to TMW. Yes, we're still in development and in fact we're just in the middle of a big transition to a new server with improved content. The server that you see online just now is not going to be around for very long, but hopefully the community is, so enjoy what is available and if you would like to follow the game's development check back here on the forums in our development section. :)

TMW Team member

BlasterKing99
Newly Registered User

Post by BlasterKing99 »

WildX wrote:Hello! Welcome to TMW. Yes, we're still in development and in fact we're just in the middle of a big transition to a new server with improved content. The server that you see online just now is not going to be around for very long, but hopefully the community is, so enjoy what is available and if you would like to follow the game's development check back here on the forums in our development section. :)
Wow okay awesome! Thanks for the super quick reply xD
I hope you don't mind but I have 2 questions
1) Is the new server Evol Online? or The Mana World? or is it that Merged server that I've been seeing? :P
2) I was playing the game and Idk what I did but My chat box has disappeared haha. It only pops back up when I press [Enter] to talk, but after I type something and send it, it just disappears again. Is there anyway I can fix this?
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

1) Evol Online and The Mana World are still live as separate servers and you can play on both (Evol will have less activity, but still great content). The merged server is still being worked on but it will eventually have the content from Evol plus a reworked version of all the best content from TMW.

2) Try pressing f7 to get the chat back. It's a common thing haha.

:D

TMW Team member

BlasterKing99
Newly Registered User

Post by BlasterKing99 »

Alrighty then! Thank you very much c:
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

WildX wrote:... The server that you see online just now is not going to be around for very long ...
It isn't??? :alt-2:

How odd.

That seems strangely contradictory to this:

https://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtop ... cy#p153216
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

Rill wrote:
WildX wrote:... The server that you see online just now is not going to be around for very long ...

How odd.

Even if I find it pretty off-topic in here I will state it again to avoid further confusion:
The TMW that most of us know will remain online as long as we will be able to keep it alive, we will continue to fix security flaws and we will provide all of the minimum supports it needs to stay alive.
Although the day it reaches a 0-player peak or if the server software is not usable anymore we will resign our support to it.

WildX was making the assumption of the first case scenario as he was looking toward the move of the community to the new server.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Reid wrote:
Rill wrote:

How odd.

Even if I find it pretty off-topic in here I will state it again to avoid further confusion:
The TMW that most of us know will remain online as long as we will be able to keep it alive, we will continue to fix security flaws and we will provide all of the minimum supports it needs to stay alive.
Although the day it reaches a 0-player peak or if the server software is not usable anymore we will resign our support to it.

WildX was making the assumption of the first case scenario as he was looking toward the move of the community to the new server.
Also adding that eAthena can't be supported forever for technical reasons, if you would like to work towards preventing that be my guest. Locked due to off-topic.

TMW Team member

gumi
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by gumi »

This is Player Talk, a forums for players to talk about the game, which is EXACTLY what is being done here. I see zero reason this should be locked.

Players have valid concerns about the game and they should be able to express it without being censored. If not in this forums then where else would they be able to say it? This is the most "on topic" place to talk about the game.

I fail to see any infraction committed here. The lock is totally unwarranted, in my opinion.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

gumi wrote:This is Player Talk, a forums for players to talk about the game, which is EXACTLY what is being done here. I see zero reason this should be locked.

Players have valid concerns about the game and they should be able to express it without being censored. If not in this forums then where else would they be able to say it? This is the most "on topic" place to talk about the game.

I fail to see any infraction committed here. The lock is totally unwarranted, in my opinion.
See the title of this thread. Any discussion that veers off the topic is off-topic. This is the right section, but the wrong topic. Please open a topic on the subject of concerns about Legacy if you wish to discuss that.

TMW Team member