Please put TMW on Steam

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Darkhog
Peon
Peon

Please put TMW on Steam

Post by Darkhog »

While it's not necessary for me to enjoy the game (I'm not one of those lame sods that boycott games only because they're not on Steam), this would bring many new players and raise game's profile. And, with Steam Direct, it's possible to do so.

While it costs $100 to enter onto Steam, I think the community of this amazing game would gladly chip in as they do towards things like hiring artists or server upkeep. And before you ask, yes I'd chip in if I'd be sure my money would go towards Direct fee because I really want more people to know about this awesome game.
MAF-Apane
Novice
Novice

Re: Please put TMW on Steam

Post by MAF-Apane »

The game is already on steam on the Greenlight tag : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =232178669
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Please put TMW on Steam

Post by WildX »

There used to be some legal incompatibilities between the GPL licence (used for much of TMW) and being on Steam. This is the reason why our initial plan for joining Steam had to be stopped. Now it seems that this might no longer be an issue, but seeing as we currently are waiting for a large content release, we want to keep a potential Steam release on hold until we have that new content and TMW is back on its feet again.

TL;DR: we want this too and will try to do it when the time is right

TMW Team member