Looking to Join the Mana World

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
SpeedDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Looking to Join the Mana World

Post by SpeedDuck »

Hello,

I've recently become interested in helping to bring about a new class and, in general, contribute to the Mana World project. I have some limited coding experience and a Github account. I'd love to learn more programming and see how the game works. I'm unsure how to go about joining, which is why I created this post. Any replies are appreciated!

Thanks,
SpeedDuck :?
Join the Duck Side!

SpeedDuck -> dangerDuck -> TinyToes -> Vladimir Putin -> LeggoLass -> Calithildor_Elderon
Moebird
Peon
Peon

Re: Looking to Join the Mana World

Post by Moebird »

Re: [WIP] Bee farm quest
Post by WildX » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:18 pm

Just a sidenote to help Micksha's recruitment drive:

If you want to practice your scripting with some advice from devs or anyone else with experience, I suggest opening a thread in the Dev Academy section and posting your progress there. It will get more attention outside of the specific quest thread and might even be useful at some point as a tutorial for anybody else looking to get started with development. :)
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: Looking to Join the Mana World

Post by WildX »

https://gitlab.com/evol

We use GitLab, so I'd recommend making an account there. You can browse the repos there for an idea of what it all looks like.
If you want to practice something, Dev Academy is there for that. We used to tell people to just come to the IRC channel but they don't always get someone's attention right away over there, so posting on the forums might help with that. You should still join #evol-dev on Freenode to chat directly, it's the best place to be when it's active. :D

Quest scripts is what we need the most to move along with development so if that's what you're interested in doing I'm sure everyone will be eager to help.

TMW Team member