Players to Watch

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Deimheucadh
Novice
Novice

Re: Players to Watch

Post by Deimheucadh »

pls dont watch me, i am good bot :)
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Do not misunderstand me I agreed with DarkWater only when she says that scammers have to be reported to GMs, not on the other points (maybe I should have underlined it).
I do agree that some scammers like Valc/king/Salah/kiruana... are a plague for this game. they have to be reported here as they have to be to GMs.
I am obliged to note, that when people complain about others, they do it in the abuse question whatever the "legality" of the scam. Then GM answer about it in this section. This is the sense of my answer and surely not a critic upon your idea mrgrey. Then I think we can just admit it if our forum administrator agrees.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

You are right, I agree that most issues should be in the courthouse, or brought to a GM in game. I had made this in hopes that the community could keep an eye out for each other when it comes to the bad behaviors that are not against the rules. In fact, phishing for passwords shouldn't have been brought up here, only it's rare it happens around a GM.

Personally I think this idea would be great, used towards people who "trade scam" (change the money right before, etc) on a regular basis, but DarkWater did point out a very big flaw I didn't think of when I made this. I don't want this topic used to make people look bad out of spite, or to become a "he said she said" kind of deal, so I'll allow some time in case someone has a better way to go about this. If not, I'll ask for it to be locked to avoid it being abused.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

I think mrgreys post is to warn other players and i support him fully on this thread.

Of course they should be reported to GM's but why not warn other players on forums so they dont fall for their stupid scam tricks? This is a nice way to warn people about scammers so they have less a chance of scamming people.
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
jessyb03
Novice
Novice

Post by jessyb03 »

I also agree. If one reports the situation to a gm and not much can be done, other players should be wary
"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I remember of an anti-scam bot in tulimshar a few months ago, it worked just like this topic and I think it was the most useful bot in tmw.
Only KNOWN scammers should be reported to players, that would indeed help everyone to avoid scams.
But hey, haters gonna hate.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

mistergrey wrote: Personally I think this idea would be great, used towards people who "trade scam" (change the money right before, etc) on a regular basis
I'd like to remind on this occasion that 4144's advanced Client has nice features to protect us against these kind of abuse which exploits interface weaknesses: Trading protection must be enabled in setup; players Tab.

I suggest a new rule, as it is in many mass playing games, saying that any scamming which exploits bugs or interface weakness is illegal. It would be less difficult for GM and admins, then, to track such players.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.