Dear TMW Community.

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
BoomerTheKran
Peon
Peon

Re: Dear TMW Community.

Post by BoomerTheKran »

as far as the server being "hidden," learn to use traceroute and then google to find who owns that range of addresses. simple.

Nothing on the internet is hidden, especially the "secure" stuff
This IS a sig
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

BoomerTheKran wrote:as far as the server being "hidden," learn to use traceroute and then google to find who owns that range of addresses. simple.

Nothing on the internet is hidden, especially the "secure" stuff
the name of the hosting company is hetzner. its that name of the player that purchased the service that is 'secret'. which was his/her own decision. Bjorn, elven and tmwc are aware of who that player is, but we are respecting their wish of anonymity, as they have no wish to decide anything for the game. They merely wish to play. They were included as an Advisor so that they could remain aware of any potential server related issues and assist as needed.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Lets summarize what do we got from "new forces":

1. A mere vhost instead of three machines at our disposal.
2. Power hungry, mentally instable (and already proven to be abusive) person holds absolute power.
3. Anonymous real server admin, who doesn't play a game but was put on advisors list (!).
4. Two inactive initial admins of TMW still has all the powers, the only active one, who donated hardware, and kept TMW well all these years, has been kicked off the team because she refused to gave "new forces" absolute powers.
5. Serious transparency, privacy (you will have no idea where and who has your personal data, such as password and IP) and security of the project issues.
6. Community voice is completely left unheard.
7. Stalinistic propaganda and constant lies (lag etc.) to justify that irrational and irresponsible decision ("we will not everything to make you believe it was for your, not our good).

Any person, including our youngest players, can extrapolate the future of TMW from here.

What is interesting - o11c - you are insulting the inteligence of the TMW community, you really think they will respect someone who gained powers over them that way? You can make people to be afraid of you but surely not respect you.

Regards.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

@platyna I tried to tell you many things and you missed the most important and for that I am sorry. I am not against the move. It is more of a moral than anything that pushes me against the decision. From what I understand what they did isn't hurting the community or the project. I am greatfull for the services you provided us for many years. But it is my decision that I stay with the project and watch it grow as it is yours. They are not asking you to leave but they took from you the ability to say "What I say goes even if the community majority is with or against it" Like many have said only the future can say if this is a good or a bad change. So far it seems to be a pretty pointless thing to say the least. I wouldn't argue that anything has changed accept it feels like we are losing a dedicated member of our community and thats what hurts the most about this. You would be a great part of the team especially on the server side of things. I wish there was a way the team could put aside there differences and have that trust with you again and thats what its all going to come down to in the end is the trust. I've watched o11c speak for the community many times so now its my turn. For us that know you platyna we love you and you will be missed. You are the mother of this project and we would hate to see you give up on your journy to help the project perhaps in more ways than just the one in question.
GiGi
Peon
Peon

Post by GiGi »

Big Crunch wrote: Bjorn, elven and tmwc are aware of who that player is, but we are respecting their wish of anonymity, as they have no wish to decide anything for the game. They merely wish to play. They were included as an Advisor so that they could remain aware of any potential server related issues and assist as needed.
Platyna wrote: 3. Anonymous real server admin, who doesn't play a game but was put on advisors list (!).
Platyna, do you even read what others write or do you just turn everything into something you can use as "ammo"
Platyna wrote: 6. Community voice is completely left unheard.
Who are you kidding? You care about none of us. Do you even know anyone who plays any more?

Also, since apparently I am still a "new" char after 3 years in your mind, I asked two players from 7 years who remember when you could walk from Tulimshar from Hurnscald(cool!) and neither of them can ever remember you being an active player.

Sorry for the personal attack but you are JUST. SO. OBLIVIOUS.

BTW I am totally for you setting up second mana world or Land of Fire as was suggested by other players. I'm sure a few will join you, and it is much more constructive.

Or, focus on studies. Even better.

Regards.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

GiGi wrote:
Big Crunch wrote: Bjorn, elven and tmwc are aware of who that player is, but we are respecting their wish of anonymity, as they have no wish to decide anything for the game. They merely wish to play. They were included as an Advisor so that they could remain aware of any potential server related issues and assist as needed.
Platyna wrote: 3. Anonymous real server admin, who doesn't play a game but was put on advisors list (!).
Platyna, do you even read what others write or do you just turn everything into something you can use as "ammo"
I'm pretty she was referring to the server's host, not the person who is funding it.
GiGi wrote:players from 7 years who remember when you could walk from Tulimshar from Hurnscald(cool!)
that was not even 2 years ago

TMW Team member

EJlol
TMW Furniture
TMW Furniture

Post by EJlol »

I asked two players from 7 years who remember when you could walk from Tulimshar from Hurnscald(cool!)
Lies! 7 years ago you couldn't walk from tulimshar to hurnscald. There was just a NPC in the desert that would warp you to it. The transition tiles between desert and forest weren't made back then. Also platyna was active ingame at some point (not sure if this was 7 years ago, my memory is not that great with people :P), hosting trivia all the time.
GiGi
Peon
Peon

Post by GiGi »

That walking was more than two years ago. And that wasn't my point 0_o I wasnt here, as I said.

My point is that Platyna is not as well known as a so called "active" "community focused" person would be.

Anyway I will stop butting in with Platyna's argument to... herself? After all, I am a "new" player.
Discontent is the first Necessity of Progress ~ Thomas Edison
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

meway wrote:@platyna I tried to tell you many things and you missed the most important and for that I am sorry. I am not against the move. It is more of a moral than anything that pushes me against the decision. From what I understand what they did isn't hurting the community or the project. I am greatfull for the services you provided us for many years. But it is my decision that I stay with the project and watch it grow as it is yours. They are not asking you to leave but they took from you the ability to say "What I say goes even if the community majority is with or against it" Like many have said only the future can say if this is a good or a bad change. So far it seems to be a pretty pointless thing to say the least. I wouldn't argue that anything has changed accept it feels like we are losing a dedicated member of our community and thats what hurts the most about this. You would be a great part of the team especially on the server side of things. I wish there was a way the team could put aside there differences and have that trust with you again and thats what its all going to come down to in the end is the trust. I've watched o11c speak for the community many times so now its my turn. For us that know you platyna we love you and you will be missed. You are the mother of this project and we would hate to see you give up on your journy to help the project perhaps in more ways than just the one in question.
I don't want to insult you, but is very hard reading such, excuse me, bullshit.

I am a mother of this project and yet you did not opposed when mother was kicked off?

You say you would hate to see me "give up on my journey to help the project" (WTF, is that a shampoo commercial?).

How on earth you imagine me helping this project if I was kicked off the team I created and managed all these years? And o11c blatantly admits all that move was just to "get rid of me"?

While o11c seems to be just pathetic power hungry kid, quite common kind of people on the Internet, so it can't make me mad, reading such stuff from you makes me really, really mad - because I hate people who has no opinions, and no morals to defend.

Putting sugar on that blatant putsch is not going to make it more disgusting. TMW now has worse hosting, worse management, several people already underestood it and left, more will be leaving as well, because with such management - born by force - this project will be not what it used to be - the base of it were rules of common sense and decency, that has been blatantly broken.

Several persons said - TMW had the community like no other, yes, because it was managed like no other - he had a true division of powers, we had fair and impartial community administrator and pretty decent, independent hosting. Those who has the power to fix the situation are deaf for the community voice, just to satisfy power-crave of one person.

I am still here arguing with idiots, and cheering up the players, just because it is sad to see years of my work be gone within one week, and this is really sad.

I am the mother of this project and I will not let my child to go in the hands of thugs. If you were one of those who allowed it to happen - shame on you, you are a thug like them.

Regards.
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Platyna. Why you want to attack me? I was trying to say ... I told you so without being a dick. :wink:
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

meway wrote:Platyna. Why you want to attack me? I was trying to say ... I told you so without being a dick. :wink:
I think I explained you it quite clearly, reading it underestanding is useful ability, however I have expected that all you can do is to victimize yourself instead to think what I had on my mind.

In short: I don't like people putting sugar on bad things. Decent persons has clear rules they follow, and they will not pretend that black is white.

Regards.
Oliuki Otiuki
Peon
Peon

Post by Oliuki Otiuki »

Only a tiny little thin one... I need a bucket!
meway
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by meway »

Platyna wrote:
meway wrote:Platyna. Why you want to attack me? I was trying to say ... I told you so without being a dick. :wink:
I think I explained you it quite clearly, reading it underestanding is useful ability, however I have expected that all you can do is to victimize yourself instead to think what I had on my mind.

In short: I don't like people putting sugar on bad things. Decent persons has clear rules they follow, and they will not pretend that black is white.

Regards.
ok. I don't blame you for being pissed off. You gave us a month as far as I know to get ready for a switch when you were going to quit. They should have given you at least a months time yes. They should have trusted you to be ok with leaving and possibly have your help. But they didn't and it is simply not a big deal and thats not me sugar coating it. I see no change accept your total absense of moderation wich isn't a huge absense or change btw. I am not really ok with that and I'm not happy about that decision but I'm willing to let go of it as I have a life outside of tmw. What happen to this http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=6709 are you still willing to branch?
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

I will not branch TMW community - it would be dividing something I built and which has a sense only as a whole.

And I am not pissed off on o11c, as he is no match for me (I am a decent person, trustworthy person and I do not get what I want by abusing someone's trust).

Regards.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

GiGi wrote:That walking was more than two years ago. And that wasn't my point 0_o I wasnt here, as I said.

My point is that Platyna is not as well known as a so called "active" "community focused" person would be.

Anyway I will stop butting in with Platyna's argument to... herself? After all, I am a "new" player.
Discontent is the first Necessity of Progress ~ Thomas Edison
Gigi, when I joined we had 5 players online, abandoned forums etc. You don't have to be a sugarsweet cutie to be "community focused".

Quoting Edison here is a great idea - as he was stealing from and destroying good, hard working, honest people such as Nicola Tesla just to fulfill his power crave.

Regards.