Original TMW server at themanaworld.net

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Original TMW server at themanaworld.net

Post by Platyna »

I have received multiple requests from you about running the original TMW server.

Well, you paid for the machine, so it is your right, therefore I decided to change my minds and run that server.

I had like 100 PLN left from your donations...so I have bought a domain themanaworld.net . The server will be available under that domain at:
server.themanaworld.net
Forum will be available at:
forums.themanaworld.net
Website at:
www.themanaworld.net
IRC channel at
#themanaworld at irc.themanaworld.net

4144, please update the server list accordingly.

Well, it is impossible to run a server just by myself. I hope I will get some help.

However no one except me will have access to your user files anymore, updates will be performed on a test server. I am very sorry that I allowed these files to leak, but I had a choice - give certain people access or let TMW die.

Those who would like to play please post here. If your state your current email address and your desired username@themanaworld.net you will receive an email alias of your choice. :-)

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 01 Apr 2013, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
handle

Re: Original TMW server at themanaworld.net

Post by handle »

Hello
Platyna wrote:I have received multiple requests from you about running the original TMW server.

Well, you paid for the machine, so it is your right, therefore I decided to change my minds and run that server.

I had like 100 PLN left from your donations...so I have bought a domain themanaworld.net . The server will be available under that domain at:
server.themanaworld.net
Forum will be available at:
forums.themanaworld.net
Website at:
www.themanaworld.net
IRC channel at
#themanaworld at irc.themanaworld.net

Well, it is impossible to run a server just by myself. I hope I will get some help.

However no one except me will have access to your user files anymore, updates will be performed on a test server. I am very sorry that I allowed these files to leak, but I had a choice - give certain people access or let TMW die.

Those who would like to play please post here. If your state your current email address and your desired username@themanaworld.net you will receive an email alias of your choice. :-)
Those are not working
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

You have to wait for DNS to refresh, it may take up to 24 hours.

Regards.
handle

Post by handle »

Platyna wrote:You have to wait for DNS to refresh, it may take up to 24 hours.
Ah okay. btw i will try to help as i can and i promisse for everything :)
also i just was creating an 2d mmorpg game with few developers but now i stoped because i will play on your server and help you

Regards
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

Hello,

I would like to play.

My current Email is baedamichi [{[at]}] gmx dot de,

my desired username is Baeda, hopefully that's not taken yet.

Thanks!
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

We're gonna get either two servers with half the players or one empty server and another one with all the players, this doesn't seem like the best solution to me.
Guess I'll just wait and see how this goes...

TMW Team member

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

platyna, i would like to request my data on your server deleted, please. all personal information along with my characters, thanks.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Big Crunch wrote:platyna, i would like to request my data on your server deleted, please. all personal information along with my characters, thanks.

BC
BC, accounts not used for half a year are being deleted automatically, you should know it.

WildX: players wants me to run the original server, they paid for it, so let the decide what they want.

Regards.
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

pardon, I'm asking that it be deleted immediately, or at your earliest convenience. i apologize for not being clear.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

Big Crunch wrote:pardon, I'm asking that it be deleted immediately, or at your earliest convenience. i apologize for not being clear.

BC
According to Polish law, a service provider is entitled (it is even obligated) to set data retention period. In the case of TMW accounts it is half a year, and you know it very well, also you know very well you can just log in and delete your chars. However, remember this is unrecoverable (useful info when MadCamel runs again in disagreement with the administration and will DoS the server again ;)).

Regards.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Platyna, on your ns servers i cant see any A/CNAME entries for forum/server etc. Can see only A for themanaworld.net
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

4144 wrote:Platyna, on your ns servers i cant see any A/CNAME entries for forum/server etc. Can see only A for themanaworld.net
Because there is a wildcard subdomain. Do host server.themanaworld.net

Regards.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Platyna wrote:
4144 wrote:Platyna, on your ns servers i cant see any A/CNAME entries for forum/server etc. Can see only A for themanaworld.net
Because there is a wildcard subdomain. Do host server.themanaworld.net

Regards.
dig cant see in it A/CNAME records :)
from ns1 and ns2 servers
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

You can't see wildcard subdomain in A or CNAME. ;-P

EDIT: Sorry, typo in zone file. It should work now.

Regards.
Last edited by Platyna on 01 Apr 2013, 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

Platyna wrote:I have received multiple requests from you about running the original TMW server.
:D :D :D

Regards.
It would be better to PM you our email addresses for privacy, and post here just to comment.

The username@themanaworld.net is for the Forum I guess and we would have our account(s) with same ID and password when logging into game with client? So we take back up where we were in game at time of your most recent backup of game? If so then for forum I would like "Qwerty Dragon". Will send PM with request of that forum username with my email address.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99