Trivia Input

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Trivia Input

Post by prsm »

Tmwc would like some input moving forward.

We are talking about doing trivia like events every 3 months (quarterly).
For these events we would be spawning up to 3 hats.
These hats would include all the old rare ones.
No hat can be spawned more than once per year.
Anyone in the tmwc can host the event.
Finally the event doesn't have to be trivia, it could be hide or seek, its up to the person hosting event.

Looking forward to your input!

(please note asking for 30 hats is not going to happen, so please don't)
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Trivia Input

Post by AnonDuck »

Not like that at all. Prsm just wants to hold events because he's a dotty old man and thinks it'd be fun. Jeez, why is everything politics with some people? :evil:

The last several events he's tried to hold he's only been able to give out things like warlord plates. Nobody will donate rares for events anymore because rares keep getting rarer(surprise) as people stop playing and accounts are banned or purged.

He asked if tmwc can give him a few items once in a great while to make the events worthwhile.. Nobody saw the harm in this so they agreed and posted for public comment. Which I guess you're doing. Sourpuss :cry:
Head of the TMW Illuminati
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

Hello TMWC members :)

its great asking about community feedback for this idea!
To be honest, i vacillate little bit. First i thought, please NO events with rare hats rewards like Platyna did at her events, but then i remembered at my beginnings here, when i saw many old players with crazy lovely looking hats, which are not easily possible to get for new players. So probably such a trivia or similar events could be a solution, so wishes of few players come true. I vacillate inwardly, because of these reasons...

1.) Such events should be for all and at a time, when most players are online, but we have many players of different timezones, so some people cannot take part at events. (and not everyone understand English well in the case of trivia)

2.) Probably such events are funny too without big reward or probably rewards could be sponsored by community or guilds... there could be crazy prizes like 100 raw logs, steel shield (probably would help new player more), ..., but only one player will be winner of the event and gets funny looking hat like spiky mushroom.

3.) How about that not old rare items will be used, instead we will use a new special item, which is only possible to get at such an event, like at GM killing event. And if the player doesn't like reward, then she/he can exchange this item for something else with an other player.

4.) I like to believe, that it probably exists a better solution, that a player can obtain an old item...

I believe regulary events will be funny with or without rewards, hopefully some more people will post their thoughts about it here :)
templarwarrior
Newly Registered User

Post by templarwarrior »

events such as trivias are good ideas for strengthening a community and in my mind rares should never be re released in quests as that can easily make an item worth 8 million become worth less then 500 thousand. imagine an eyepatch released after what we saw this easter. many many players would grab ten plus

ok now to my suggestions. i think its a good idea but be careful of value. some items spawned even once a year coyuld lower the value noticeably. i think the rule for normal items and rares should be once a year. 1 more pair of say sunglasses a year wont really lower its value below 1.5kk

ultra rares such as eye patches, scarabs and bottles of sand id consider a rule for once every 3 years and no more than 2 items deemed ultra rare given out in a year.

in short as long as this is done with extreme care i think its a good idea but be sure you take extreme care. items should be divided into categories and how often theyre released based on these categories instead of a catch all rule
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Post by Ginaria »

templarwarrior wrote:rares should never be re released in quests, imagine an eyepatch released after what we saw this easter. many many players would grab ten plus...

in short as long as this is done with extreme care i think its a good idea but be sure you take extreme care. items should be divided into categories and how often theyre released based on these categories instead of a catch all rule

yep :)

Probably no items like main rewards of ilia quest should be possible to win, that would nuke the work of developers in my opinion.

Can people choose self, which item will be spawned like at Platyna trivia? Thats probably not a good idea, then winners choose often most expensive hat to trade it for other hats probably...

Probably statistics about how many pieces of a certain item are ingame would help to get an overview, which hats/items really rare... then it could structured into "extreme rare", "rare", "not so rare" and one item of each category is possible to win...

Or old hats would be possible to get for extreme much money (30kk like high priest crown or monster skull helmet), if someone doesnt like to wait...

Its only spontaneous ideas...
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Ginaria wrote: Can people choose self, which item will be spawned like at Platyna trivia? Thats probably not a good idea, then winners choose often most expensive hat to trade it for other hats probably... [/color][/b]
From what I see no, that's where the "hats cannot be used twice in the same year" thing comes in. I believe the hats would be picked out.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Piateluca
Novice
Novice

Post by Piateluca »

cody wrote:
[*]Not only is using @item much more effortless than creating a quest. The items are also given away directly by TMWC members instead of NPCs, which makes a much stronger connection between the person in power and the player. Platyna used that successfully to buy herself friends.
LOL this power talk is so ridiculous, I though the game had the same player base than before the server move, maybe I imagined the 30-70 players online most of the time I go :mrgreen: . I also wonder how spawning an item once a year is gonna devalue it.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

People are all different. It is nice to be able to achieve something for a reward. I believe all items should be achievable for all, personally, but the level of difficulty in attaining them should be varied, as the quests are to give the items. For rewards for something, why not? Why not have a specific prize that is different than a rare item? Rare items are okay, but where someone develops something with good motives, someone else is working a way out to get it without doing the hard yards. This is eliminated as such, when the challenge is open to all, but only at certain levels.
I'm for the idea, not against, but as Ginaria said, maybe there're other ways to give the prizes than rares too. Not that rares shouldn't be used, but that maybe considering what other options are already available. The game has progressed well since I started playing, but it was a ripper then too. Still, I'm level 70 and still too young to enter the new area. There's no rush. While the game's still here, and I am, then there's still time.
I guess the question to ask is "What is best benefit for the majority of gamers, for them to enjoy", as anything else isn't that important. Sorry, but while the real world is having a financial crisis, our little escape world of mana world doesn't need to. Not that it is, but just saying . . . probably just ranting . . . hmmm. Yep.
Enjoy the game. Good idea the trivia. Good luck working out what you'll do for prizes.

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

prsm wrote:Tmwc would like some input moving forward.

(please note asking for 30 hats is not going to happen, so please don't)
What about 29?

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

How about keeping a specific amount of a rare item in game?
For example 50 Bunny Ears and when accounts which own one(s) get deleted so those 50 shrink, then in the next event this item is given as a price to go back to 50.

If possible of course.
Ginaria wrote:but then i remembered at my beginnings here, when i saw many old players with crazy lovely looking hats, which are not easily possible to get for new players. So probably such a trivia or similar events could be a solution, so wishes of few players come true.
I absolutely think so too. Though I understand the point that rare items should stay rare. Therefore my suggestion above.
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

I've always been of the idea that these events should be held by guilds, but TMW doesn't favour guilds sadly.
cody wrote:
MadCamel wrote:rares keep getting rarer(surprise) as people stop playing and accounts are banned or purged.
That's what quests are for. Rares had been reintroduced again in the past when the developers thought that they are too rare.
Quests should be for new items, not old ones. Otherwise people who already have old items never get good prizes.

TMW Team member

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

Well the there is always the possibility of setting up a Donation Bot type thing. Basically let it fill up until the day of the event, and that is when we know what the prizes are.

That or we could allow a guild to sponsor the event, but the guild would be responsible for donating the prizes. Also, we would have to allow each guild an opportunity to sponsor. Perhaps on a rotating schedule.

Just tossing out a couple ideas.

BC
sexy red bearded GM
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Big Crunch wrote:Well the there is always the possibility of setting up a Donation Bot type thing. Basically let it fill up until the day of the event, and that is when we know what the prizes are.

That or we could allow a guild to sponsor the event, but the guild would be responsible for donating the prizes. Also, we would have to allow each guild an opportunity to sponsor. Perhaps on a rotating schedule.

Just tossing out a couple ideas.

BC
AFAIK there aren't many (active) guilds at the moment. I'm sure we could easily coordinate. Maybe if we had a small "guilds" section in the forums we could keep track of all the events more easily, without having to check each guild's own site every time.
I can say by experience that keeping a guild active in TMW isn't easy, maybe this could help (there are still many things I'd like to suggest, but I'd go off topic).

TMW Team member

ChefChelios
Novice
Novice

Post by ChefChelios »

MadCamel wrote:Nobody will donate rares for events anymore
this is not true... there are a lot of ppl at tmw who do give items and money just to help other ppl or just to have fun...

at the last 3 years i gave away several rare hats, rare items and money to the GMs and they did do trivias, hide and seek, last man standing at candor(<--this one was funny like hell) and co...

last christmas i did create a new chara... his name was Santa... i gave him all of my money and the half of my items from my main storage...
i used this chara to give every player some presents... noobs got coal,helmets,shields and money... high lvl players got rare hats or items.. it was one of the best times i ever have had at tmw... :wink:

its not all about getting items... sometimes its more fun to give items away!

regards Santa... eeerrrm Chef :lol:
Attachments
Santa&Friends.png
Santa&Friends.png (121.66 KiB) Viewed 4151 times
...und lachend stellte der Tod seine Sense beiseite und stieg auf den Mähdrescher, denn es war Krieg.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

Big Crunch wrote:Well the there is always the possibility of setting up a Donation Bot type thing. Basically let it fill up until the day of the event, and that is when we know what the prizes are.

BC
why not set up "a Global Announcement Bot", that you pay for Global Announcement. You would not be able to choose what it said, he would add
your name in the announcement only, for example "prsm invites all to cindy to help save her".

The money collected by this bot could than be used by tmwc to buy things off manamarket for events!

Just a thought!
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!