The official server flamewar topic

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: The official server-move flamewar topic

Post by Platyna »

Ridiculing and trolling me will not help you in any way. It only shows your standards (or rather lack of thereof).

I will keep observing and reacting what you do. For example I have sent information to all major game sites about the take over and illegal copying the data from my server - one site even offered a legal help - but I have to consult it and think if I have a time for it. The information that you copy over userfiles where and when you see fit is also useful.

Regards.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by prsm »

I feel just awful now!

I thought this little game we were playing was flirtatious.

Man, do I have a red face now.
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

this
Attachments
spock.jpg
spock.jpg (279.13 KiB) Viewed 4715 times
sexy red bearded GM
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Big Crunch wrote:this
When you have nothing to say...

TMW Team member

Big Crunch
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Big Crunch »

.:WildX:. wrote:
Big Crunch wrote:this
When you have nothing to say...
Attachments
ineedanadult.jpg
ineedanadult.jpg (36.66 KiB) Viewed 4691 times
sexy red bearded GM
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Platyna wrote: For example I have sent information to all major game sites about the take over and illegal copying the data from my server
Even black PR still counts as PR, after all... 8).
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: Game Rules in Wiki

Post by Platyna »

melkior wrote:I am not calling you names. I'm telling you to grow up. What you've posted is an insult to every member of this project, both past and present. To claim that you do everything is ridiculous, and I'm sure a lot of people who are mapping, making music, creating graphics, writing quests, taking care of the Wiki, etc., would agree.

You sound like Platyna.
Does he? Where did I said that I did everything in the project? AFAIR I have always set a clear line between each function of each member.

Regards.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

melkior wrote:I am not calling you names. I'm telling you to grow up. What you've posted is an insult to every member of this project, both past and present. To claim that you do everything is ridiculous, and I'm sure a lot of people who are mapping, making music, creating graphics, writing quests, taking care of the Wiki, etc., would agree.
You sound like Platyna.
Does he? Where did I said that I did everything in the project? AFAIR I have always set a clear line between each function of each member.

It is amusing how the problems that arised after I was kicked out from my own project are not being said to be my fault. And how the history is being changed to show me as a lazy, evil dictator responsible for the fall of this project. While this server and this forum exists only because I had enough of balls to fight with original developers for it.

Regards.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Platyna wrote:While this server and this forum exists only because I had enough of balls to fight with original developers for it.
???!
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

o11c wrote:
Platyna wrote:While this server and this forum exists only because I had enough of balls to fight with original developers for it.
???!
I think what Platyna contends is that if she hadn't pushed for a live server running eAthena and a forums for the players and devs, that the community in its early stages would have remained exclusively with ManaServ (with maybe an eAthena testing server), and would have never attracted much of an actual playerbase, and eventually died out. It's not as outrageous a claim as perhaps it now seems. The original developers, Elven and Bjorn, did not want to deal with eAthena or the strains of managing a community that was not playing their baby, ManaServ. Just ask any admin what a pain it can be to admin a community (it's rhetorical, I know you know), and they did not want to do that for eAthena, only ManaServ. Same for the forums, they were not interested. I don't want to rehash old stuff, and am only replying to the "???", in terms of providing an explanation for what Platyna probably meant by her statement.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: TMW Admin Role and Responsibilities

Post by Platyna »

I was a *fair* monarch and at least I had the balls to be honest with TMW community and not make fake committies just to hide behind them. Also my power was given not took over.

I know very well what game is played here. I have rescued this project from the hands of indolent people who thought that a game project can be done without working server and a working forum. Because of my actions the impeachment committee had a server to take over, but now the history is being rewritten. It will be so nice and comfty to have a Platyna to blame for all Duck impeachment committee (it means o11c) will do.

Regards.
Platyna
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by Platyna »

o11c wrote:
???!
Why you are not aware of it? Oh wait...you weren't there yet. I do suggest reading old threads then - on TMW.net - because here some of them mysteriously disappeared....you know...magic...

Regards.
melkior
Warrior
Warrior

Post by melkior »

You know, we may have disagreements in the TMWC sometimes, some of them ugly, but each time you show up, all of those start looking completely irrelevant. TMWC, as flawed as it is, is outstanding when compared to the alternative, if that alternative is you.
prsm
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Re: TMW Admin Role and Responsibilities

Post by prsm »

Platyna wrote:I was a *fair* monarch and at least I had the balls to be honest with TMW community and not make fake committies just to hide behind them. Also my power was given not took over.

I know very well what game is played here. I have rescued this project from the hands of indolent people who thought that a game project can be done without working server and a working forum. Because of my actions the impeachment committee had a server to take over, but now the history is being rewritten. It will be so nice and comfty to have a Platyna to blame for all Duck impeachment committee (it means o11c) will do.

Regards.

You do make my day every time you show up Platyna! You will never accept the fact that you got "fired". You do understand that it wasn't just o11c? In fact it was every single person that was directly under "your fair monarch". Give that some hang time, every single person!

That being said, we are doing well, thanks for asking. There is some great new content and some awesome new stuff coming. We do have some rocky words from time to time, but we overcome them.

Glad to see that themanaworld.net is back up and running.

You keep on smiling and have a great day!

Prsm
ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity!
blackrazor
Warrior
Warrior

Post by blackrazor »

melkior wrote:You know, we may have disagreements in the TMWC sometimes, some of them ugly, but each time you show up, all of those start looking completely irrelevant. TMWC, as flawed as it is, is outstanding when compared to the alternative, if that alternative is you.
Your TMWC Ugliness, the exact nature of which, Frost vs. o11c, with no reasonable way to resolve it, was predicted exactly. It's funny, because while you obviously have a bee up your ass regarding Platyna, many people are saying the _exact_ same thing about your TMWC. People are leaving, bad feelings all around, lies and mistruths, people being squeezed out. My time with TMW predates your TMWC, and I for one, was a lot happier under the old regime. So were many others, some quiet, some gone. Anyways, I'm going to stick it out, in the hopes that your little TMWC will eventually self-destruct and go away too, leaving the game hopefully a much better and much less hateful, less bitter, and less spiteful place.

Every time I try to forget how unpleasant your TMWC propaganda is, one of you obligingly comes forward to remind me. Thanks. For nothing.