Why you don't want brodomir cave

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Monomu
Newly Registered User

Why you don't want brodomir cave

Post by Monomu »

Hey guys i realy want know why alot of players never been in brodomir cave and they hate PvP. I host it quite often but we have problemst with 3 players. In best case when i hosted there was 9 players of 54(i'm not sure in this number) but more often there are 3-5 players of about 60. Could you tell me why you don't wish fight there? Its only about fun nothing more.
Len
Knight
Knight

Re: Why you don't want brodomir cave

Post by Len »

TMW is seems targeted toward causal gamers, and causal gamers are not usually big into PvP from what I've seen.
Pixel Battalion
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

I can only speak for myself, but most often i only enter if i feel that I have any chance to be competitive. So when i am set up for gathering ore or on some special stats that i don't think is good for pvp i just skip those events. But if i am in the right mood and the stats are good I join in. I also think that the 10 minute timer for 30 seconds of fun is a bit much.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

First because I don't like PvP that much, at least in the conditions that are actually proposed in TMW.
Second because I have the same opinion as veryape, and will not spend a cent change status only for this occasion.
You can also remove from online players those who play warriors for obvious reasons.
Finally there are still players who use custom clients, which break the balance.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Monomu
Newly Registered User

Post by Monomu »

I agree its long time for fast fight but I don't think warriors can't win. Warriors just don't use right strategy very often(they run and die in fight with archer). If warrior attack archer he is very dangerous cause he can kill him by 2 hits.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Monomu wrote:Hey guys i realy want know why alot of players never been in brodomir cave and they hate PvP. I host it quite often but we have problemst with 3 players. In best case when i hosted there was 9 players of 54(i'm not sure in this number) but more often there are 3-5 players of about 60. Could you tell me why you don't wish fight there? Its only about fun nothing more.
The PvP in TMW is terrible, there's no point in doing it. It's unbalanced, boring and not rewarding.

TMW Team member

Monomu
Newly Registered User

Post by Monomu »

Its true you can find games with better PvP but I don't think this is so wrong. And in brodomir cave is small reward each time.
ali.footballist
Peon
Peon

Post by ali.footballist »

In pvp matches these people always win:people who have banshee bow and... And mages so then I can never win the match unless I become lvl 90 or more.
raymond
Peon
Peon

Post by raymond »

The fact that botting clients are used makes the PvP and by extend the game
very unbalanced for the average players.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

PVP unbalanced because of botting clients? What? In what way would these unnamed botting clients give anyone an advantage? does it auto attack-heal and run away or what? This is surely news for me, any more info or is it just rumors and hearsay?

The only "botting" features i've seen is auto heal on :alt-1: and that surely ain't an advantage in pvp.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Auto-heal for example is a indeed a heavy advantage for self healing or better to heal a friend. There are ways to heal automatically when you or your friend loose over a certain amount of HP.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Mass Affect
Newly Registered User

Post by Mass Affect »

I love pvp! :alt-5:
baseballboy
Knight
Knight

Post by baseballboy »

Personally, I don't like PvP on The Mana World because it's extremely unbalanced, especially with the new banshee bow. It's pointless for me (as a warrior) to PvP when I'll get zapped by an ingrav or slaughter by an archer with a banshee bow; I can't exactly #asorm myself to protect from magic, which still wouldn't protect me from archers. If I stood a chance I would love to PvP, but with the game being so unbalanced I find it extremely difficult to find any interest in PvP.

-BBB
BaseBaIIBoy - 99, Zalika - 95, Mou. - 86, baseballboy - 83, Abacus - 82, Laticia - 76

<o11c> More boobs please.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

I agree with the perspectives of why people don't enjoy the pvp events in brodomir cave.

Still, it isn't useless...just unfair at this time. With further development and consideration of these reasons, maybe something could be adjusted.

I had a friend in-game suggest that the pvp battles are evenly balanced. This is because a weak person will be slaughtered, and it's not fair, and hell disheartening to constantly be killed over and over and over and over....etc. Maybe some level-specific matches (as well as equipment equalisation, so that the fights are fairer) can be introduced. There's no fun in a level 50 person competing with a level 70, as they'll more than likely get slaughtered...also, we're not all team-players. Some of us are individuals, who like to continue as individuals.

As much as this is on Brodomir cave, this can also apply to the battles in Candor...

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)