ManaPlus features

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Knight
Knight

ManaPlus features

Post by 4144 »

What features do you want to see in ManaPlus?
This question mostly for players.
Freya
Novice
Novice

Re: ManaPlus features

Post by Freya »

Hi Green Boy,

First, I do not know if it is already available, customizable shortcuts for joysticks. (mages thank you)

And better support for Android, performance and especially the interface needs many improvements.
xSlash
Newly Registered User

Post by xSlash »

Not really a feature, but please see if you can fix the shortcuts window by preventing long command names or associated keys from spanning over their bounding box.
(The same case also in spells window)
SSwin.jpg
SSwin.jpg (12.53 KiB) Viewed 10890 times
And thanks for your great work.
Rill
Novice
Novice

Post by Rill »

In order to kill the closest monster, I just press the X key. It targets, attacks, and when the monster dies the targeting stops. But healing the nearest player requires pressing the Q key to target, the C key to heal, and then the Shift key to stop the targeting. (I know that a player can also be healed by clicking, but that can be difficult in fast-moving circumstances.)

Could there be a key that works for healing the way the X key works for killing? I have discussed this with others in-game and do not know if it is feasible, but figured it would not hurt to ask.
AnonDuck
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by AnonDuck »

Maybe not for 4144.. But better documentation! Mana+ has features out the wazoo and I don't even know how to use half of them. I know there are people who do.. Maybe start a section on the wiki or something?
Head of the TMW Illuminati
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

MadCamel wrote:Maybe not for 4144.. But better documentation! Mana+ has features out the wazoo and I don't even know how to use half of them. I know there are people who do.. Maybe start a section on the wiki or something?
There's a "documentation" and a "features" page on the Manaplus wiki, they could use some more love though.

TMW Team member

SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

I would like the Battle tab to be able to log.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

An option to turn on/off an autochoice for character at the start. An option to save the password. A way to minimize the game without closing it with mobile phones (at least mine has this problem). Choice in settings maybe?
Current character is "Abolish".
baedamichi
Novice
Novice

Post by baedamichi »

I would love to see an option for a completely silent autoupdate (to give people like devs an option to turn that off would be recommandable, though).
Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

MadCamel wrote:Maybe not for 4144.. But better documentation! Mana+ has features out the wazoo and I don't even know how to use half of them.
One of ideas: there could be some popup when user hovers setting with in-place help which describes what feature actually does and why. Something similar to popup when mouse hovers player and some description appears in small in-place popup.

Also I seriously thought on filling wiki with "FAQ". There are some numbers of features which are far from being obvious and/or require some technical knowledge to understand. As well as some common pitfalls.

For example: it's not obvious that "enable buggy server protection" would enable packet rates limiting. "Bugged server" means literally anything, up to attempts to send malicious or bogus packets by rogue server. Should I admit users have very little idea why they're kicked when trying to pick up things aggressively and that this settings corrects the problem?
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

I would like to be able to save settings for different charachters.

When playing mage i need different shortcuts than what i want when playing as a archer.

Yes i know you have three different sets of shortcuts that i can set for different roles. (One idea to get people started using this feature might be to have some shortcuts pre-loaded and name them "mage, warrior, archer" rather than "1,2,3"

Other than that I am with madcamel, what we need is better documentation rather than more features. Maybe a UI cleanup. I was quite hesitant to move to manaplus from manasource just because i thought it looked so damn complicated at first. So a good noob guide might help us keep new players.

Just my two cents.
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Siegfried
Novice
Novice

Post by Siegfried »

Well, manaplus is already a really good client. Nevertheless there is one thing i'd like to have: Script (Lua?) Hooks. Like shortcut for magic, but shortcut for own script.

F.ex. i'd like to script something like "when i'm attacked, attack back", f.ex. in case when i'm afk, for the duration of beeing afk.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Siegfried wrote:Well, manaplus is already a really good client. Nevertheless there is one thing i'd like to have: Script (Lua?) Hooks. Like shortcut for magic, but shortcut for own script.

F.ex. i'd like to script something like "when i'm attacked, attack back", f.ex. in case when i'm afk, for the duration of beeing afk.
Isn't that botting?

TMW Team member

tux9th
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by tux9th »

yes it is.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

New feature request: adding captcha to the registration process directly into the client. Jaxad0127 had an idea that might work.