[New quest]: Express your hate

Talk about anything, including games and servers not affiliated with The Mana World.
Nard
Knight
Knight

[New quest]: Express your hate

Post by Nard »

I suggest a new Map and quest related to this post : viewtopic.php?p=141243#p141243

It is based on the idea that a Japanese companie had: they made life sized dolls representing the main company executives; put them in a room available to the employees, so they could box them while their resting periods.

In a room put NPCs named as the developers, (why not all TMW leaders?, no GMs, they already have the kill the GM event): when you click the developer NPC, it opens a menu offering two choices; the first is "I love you", the second is an insult (the standard "@!#").When player chooses the second option it spawns a monster, lets say a bandit developer to be consistent with the original idea, that the player can kill when he is mad at the developer. This quest should be of course redoable.
reward: player satisfaction. Option: developers may have a feedback on their popularity.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Re: [New quest]: Express your hate

Post by WildX »

That's similar to the method some people use to train dogs to kill.

TMW Team member

Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

???

hmm... sorry Nard, this is neither a good idea nor a funny one...
I'm a bit surprised...
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Cassy wrote:???

hmm... sorry Nard, this is neither a good idea nor a funny one...
I'm a bit surprised...
If you knew me better, perhaps could you see it as the expression of a sad irony, or even consternation, after reading recent contributions.
To be totally clear: my mood tells me I'd better plant vegetables in my garden than keeping any interest in TMW.

Edit:
Sorry, I forgot to say that my garden is a paved yard.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Nard wrote:If you knew me better, perhaps could you see it as the expression of a sad irony
I don't think you need to know a person to see that it was sad irony.
I just don't get the point of how this is useful.

(It's actually even a bit mean towards devs and GMs (please don't say something like "o11c started it"))
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Cassy wrote: I don't think you need to know a person to see that it was sad irony.
I just don't get the point of how this is useful.

(It's actually even a bit mean towards devs and GMs (please don't say something like "o11c started it"))
ok, I explain, as it seems you don't get it:
  • This is NOT any kind of humour.
  • This post is totally useless, except if you share my mood.
  • o11c did not start it now, or a long time ago. It is not the first time that he expresses this opinion.
  • Do you realize that o11c is one of the main leaders of this game and project?
  • Do you really think I can have any kind of bad intentions towards any developer? This is derision towards an opinion that no one shares. May I remind you that during almost 2 years, I have been contributing in various ways; hence I should be among the bandit-developers too.
  • If you really find it mean, then I'm sorry. I don't think it is.
  • Finally I begin to think that he may be right. Let's clear the player database and see what happen on the online list.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Nard I get it perfectly, it's just that these stupid threads/posts are only good for spreading a bad mood and *nothing* else.
There is no serious discussion, there is no mentioning of solutions, there is only total nonesense that makes people feel bad in various ways.

Besides I know very well what you did for TMW and who o11c is <.<

I understand you less and less, sorry...
Main characters:

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Cassy wrote:Nard I get it perfectly, it's just that these stupid threads/posts are only good for spreading a bad mood and *nothing* else.
There is no serious discussion, there is no mentioning of solutions, there is only total nonesense that makes people feel bad in various ways.

Besides I know very well what you did for TMW and who o11c is <.<

I understand you less and less, sorry...
Not only bad mood, also this kind of remarks just prevent players from contributing, maybe also from playing.

Now my official position is: everything goes well in the best of the worlds. Everyone does a great job and I love you all.
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

:lol:

Reminds me of a song..."Who let the dogs out??"

They had at one stage here dolls, and when you squeezed them, they let out a blood-curdling scream while their eye popped out of their heads. Very cool...

Anyway...what were we talking about?

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Hello=)
TMW Classic
TMW Classic

Post by Hello=) »

Japan "corporate culture" is like slavery. So they have to "express hate", as they can't change jobs easily. There are better options, but their "culture" prevents them from recognizing it. Opensource world is different. Nobody could be "your boss" (unless you decide so yourself) and it's up to you what to do. So I fail to understand why hate should be inherent part of process, to a degree it would be required to "express hate". I think there is way too much hate already, efforts should be taken to reduce it. At the end of day it's wrong to hate people doing unpaid job and sharing results, isn't it?

P.S.: speaking of cultures, there is some interesting culture from Freenode I've recently found. IMO it's better to learn and encourage something like this instead 8).
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

I made this post because few persons constantly repeat that players hate developers, up to suggest that the player database should be reset. I do think it is pure paranoia. Hence I made this ridiculous suggestion.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

t3st3r wrote:P.S.: speaking of cultures, there is some interesting culture from Freenode I've recently found. IMO it's better to learn and encourage something like this instead 8).
Just as you, I'd be happy if there was more Catalysts around.
I think that this post has made the effect it was made for, please lock it let's forget about it, and concentrate about future, if possible.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

Nard wrote:[...]please lock it let's forget about it, and concentrate about future, if possible.
Sure thing. Here's hoping people will move on and get along. :)

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated