Most nice players: Today Melin@

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Ginaria
Warrior
Warrior

Most nice players: Today Melin@

Post by Ginaria »

Pictures saying often more as words, oh wait a screenshot can combine both! Just a best of :)
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-03-09_12-31-31_3.jpg
ManaPlus_Screenshot_server.themanaworld.org_2014-03-09_12-31-31_3.jpg (151.21 KiB) Viewed 5624 times
DefinitelyNOTMrWho
Novice
Novice

Re: Most nice players: Today Melin@

Post by DefinitelyNOTMrWho »

Too bad I wasn't around, I would have defended Ginaria.

I know how to insult people and I can tell you that Melin@ is clearly a beginner. She would have been no match for my insulting skills.

I'm keeping an eye opened and when I'll see her it's on!
Gravity is a myth, Earth Sucks!!!
Wombat
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Wombat »

Blinged up version.
Attachments
tmw_blingee.gif
tmw_blingee.gif (168.56 KiB) Viewed 5577 times
Current character is "Abolish".
Speiros02
Novice
Novice

Post by Speiros02 »

Are they booted yet?

A name is to be chosen rather than abundant riches...Solomon's words (Pr.22:1)

[url=http://speirosmusic.tumblr.com]Speiros' music page[/url]

A.K.A "Speiros"...(not being smart...this name is speiros)

Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Sadly screenshots don't prove anything. As it was voted the general log can't be checked to see if it's real.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=17954&hilit=General+log

Regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

Chicka-Maria wrote:Sadly screenshots don't prove anything. As it was voted the general log can't be checked to see if it's real.

Regards,
Chicka
So how do you expect players to resolve these issues, then, if we can't use screenshots, I highly doubt a person like Ginaria would fake a screenshot, or photoshop it etc.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Crazyk8e wrote:So how do you expect players to resolve these issues, then, if we can't use screenshots, I highly doubt a person like Ginaria would fake a screenshot, or photoshop it etc.
Speaking about Ginaria, yes, I also doubt she would fake it.

But you can't say "okay I trust this person" or "no I don't trust this person - it must be fake".
This will so end up in drama :D
Also you never know anyone on the internet... i could write a book about people seeming to be calm and reliable for months or even years but all of a sudden turning totally mad in an outburst insulting even friends, cheating in the game, etc...
Not accepting screenshots is the right decision, even though it really sucks sometimes :?
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

lol then let's better pretend it didnt happen :alt-=: ,

because it was on a public space with at least two tmwc guys sitting there that likely have logs who could confirm or object.

That's the good thing about this not being a fully automated /bot inhabitated world, people with brains are sitting behind screens.
WildX
Source of Mana
Source of Mana

Post by WildX »

Crazyk8e wrote:So how do you expect players to resolve these issues, then, if we can't use screenshots
By not voting "no" on keeping logs for *absolutely no reason at all* (talking to the whole community).

TMW Team member

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

Chay wrote:lol then let's better pretend it didnt happen :alt-=: ,

because it was on a public space with at least two tmwc guys sitting there that likely have logs who could confirm or object.

That's the good thing about this not being a fully automated /bot inhabitated world, people with brains are sitting behind screens.
As long as this holds:
Chicka-Maria wrote:Sadly screenshots don't prove anything. As it was voted the general log can't be checked to see if it's real.

Regards,
Chicka
Non-GM logs are private ones and cannot be used to establish anything. Hence nothing happened officially. If TMWc had to take a decision about those "players" then it's members could obviously take it into account.
Anyway, we players all know who Gina is, and can choose our attitude towards them. For my side, I will not help them in any way until they apologize to Gina. If many players do the same, it should be enough for them to understand, if this event was not deliberate... :?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

thats why i said "brains" i can elaborate if you so wish:

people have brains. Words *do* prove! "He said she said" *is* valid and even more valid than logs btw. Sad to see people fail to acknowledge the power of their own judgement. In that logics hardly any insult would ever be provable irl because indeed not everything is logged by some spy.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

[quote="Chay"]thats why i said "brains" i can elaborate if you so wish:/quote]
I noticed the word. I also often saw that "He said she said" (Chinese_whispers) is far to be always true even from people that you may consider trustable; and that many should make their own judgement by speaking to the original (or reading him/her).
Some TMWc members are simple players and it has been repeated many times here, that a GM brain must be present for such insults to be punished. As long as TMWc doesn't decide and says something different, we are entitled to think this rule still applies. Unfortunately, this is not the first time (and not the last one) that people exploit rules weaknesses. Some people even think that the bad is not to break the rules, but to be caught. :/
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

If people want rules enforced with screenshots that thread I posted above needs to be approved. We can't accept one screenshot from one player and not from another it doesn't work that way. Right now the only "legitimate" screenshots are from GMs themselves.

regards,
Chicka
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Chay
Novice
Novice

Post by Chay »

no there is no need to log all public chat to allow multi point validation. and if i understood that correctly tmwc trusts it's members to be integer.
since when has
"we've always done it we'll always do it, why no ?!?, *everybody* could say that!" been a valid point?

don't make this a thread about public chat logging again Chicka-Maria, it is stupid (and yes, i *mean* stupid) to believe that the one and only way to solve this problem is a technical one. It is not. I do however agree that It is one that does not involve need for communication.
SudoPlatypus
Novice
Novice

Post by SudoPlatypus »

It makes me sad to see someone speak to Ginaria so disrespectfully. :alt-4:
She has helped me while doing the Farmer's Scythe quest back when I started.
With Caul The Alchemist, Ginaria helped me out making my first Grimace of Dementia potion.
And other stuff too, but I can not remember.
The Mouboo was. The Mouboo is. The Mouboo ever shall be. Drop candies and rejoice.
Most leveled character: Qwerty Dragon is 99