Making hosting Cindy's Quest repeatable

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Making hosting Cindy's Quest repeatable

Post by Cassy »

Cindy's Quest is a lot of fun and a very nice alternative to graveyard, Yetis & Candor.
The number of participants in the last days was pretty good - there wasn't a single time I saw less than 10 people.

It's a shame that you can't host this quest anymore once you finished it and so you are forced to wait for someone else to host.

So how about making hosting it repeatable as well?
Only graveyard & Yetis all the time get boring and Candor doesn't make much sense at certain times ( + it costs money).
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

[20:24:59] <Cassy> debug npc in crypts!
[20:25:02] <Cassy> just a joke...
[20:25:08] <wushin> DONT DO THAT
[20:25:10] <o11c> !slap Cassy
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Re: Making hosting Cindy's Quest repeatable

Post by Kazenawa »

Cassy wrote:Cindy's Quest is a lot of fun and a very nice alternative to graveyard, Yetis & Candor.
The number of participants in the last days was pretty good - there wasn't a single time I saw less than 10 people.

It's a shame that you can't host this quest anymore once you finished it and so you are forced to wait for someone else to host.

So how about making hosting it repeatable as well?
Only graveyard & Yetis all the time get boring and Candor doesn't make much sense at certain times ( + it costs money).
I completely agree. Plus, it's a sort of challenge although easier than Candor. You can still find some people disappearing once launching it, but it means they can't play it with the same account.
Making it repeatable would be great. Maybe add more difficulty if the player launching it already succeded once ?
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

It seems this topic keeps coming up. :wink:
Here is the topic where it was discussed last time: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =4&t=16212

As I already said in that topic, I don't see how having it repeatable makes sense with the current storyline. Do you have some idea how to make it fit the storyline, or adapt the storyline to make sense with that?
Kazenawa
Novice
Novice

Post by Kazenawa »

Jenalya wrote:I don't see how having it repeatable makes sense with the current storyline. Do you have some idea how to make it fit the storyline, or adapt the storyline to make sense with that?
Why wouldn't Cindy and Angela have their revenge now they're safe and calm ? They now would like to see them crying !
We have monster points, would it be possible to have something more specific like "yeti points" (to avoid being able to cheat with boss points given at Candor) ?
To satisfy their need of revenge, they would want you to have a huge amount of these points ! This could lead to some kind of unrealeased item ?

If "yeti points" could not be implemented, what about earning some "yeti furs" at the end of each battle ? With many of them, the girls would be satisfied making a warm carpet or giving you something. Furs are only an example.
Concerning Cindy still being in the cave after having been rescued, it's not a problem since she's currently still there even once saved. Let's now say she's watching the show and collecting the furs from yeti's corpses.
wushin
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by wushin »

Maybe after you defeat the next time you come back it's just a corpse named Wendy. The npc doesn't say look out or give the item rewards, but yetis can still attack.
The secret to getting all the important stuff done is doing nothing.
Reid
Lead Developer (SoM)
Lead Developer (SoM)

Post by Reid »

wushin wrote:Maybe after you defeat the next time you come back it's just a corpse named Wendy. The npc doesn't say look out or give the item rewards, but yetis can still attack.
I recommend this as well, no reward, just yetis and death to win.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
-- Ford Prefect
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

Reid wrote: no reward, just yetis
Absolutely.

To avoid a misunderstanding: Changing the script so the rewards can be received over an over again never was what I wanted to suggest :wink:
Would be a very bad idea in my opinion.
Jenalya wrote:It seems this topic keeps coming up. :wink:
Here is the topic where it was discussed last time: http://forums.themanaworld.org/viewtopi ... =4&t=16212

As I already said in that topic, I don't see how having it repeatable makes sense with the current storyline. Do you have some idea how to make it fit the storyline, or adapt the storyline to make sense with that?
Sorry Jenalya, usually I don't forget to use the search function before I open a thread :?

I see your point about the storyline and will think about something.
On the other hand helping others to rescue her (when you already did the quest) and hosting it yourself, both lead to the same point that Cindy has been captured again.

Let's see hmm...
Main characters:
Lv.94 - Cassy - speedarcher on dark path, bunny-wannabe, would like to ride on a Mouboo once...
Lv.95 - Biqcassy - mage on light path, addicted to her Fluffy Hat, love-hates Fallens, really misses Confused Tree...
Lv.70 - Simca. - dreams of becoming a speedarcher on light path, still has a lot to learn...

Personal development overview | priorities | wiki to-do | wiki profile incl. other characters

veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

With a little effort it is repeatable a infinite number of times, cindy mules are not uncommon and they are made for this.

And all the talk of some new points-based system, why? It gives out daily points.

Also this quest gets a big crowd because it is not possible for everyone to start cindy all the time, if it was i guess people would soon get bored of it. Why don't you just gather a few friends and go down to the 10 yeti room south of Cindy if you want to torture a bunch of yetis?
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
Cassy
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Cassy »

I can only speak for myself, so maybe others would like to answer these questions as well:
veryape wrote:With a little effort it is repeatable a infinite number of times
Yes, levelling an alt to lvl70, talking to Cindy, log out with this alt and enjoy the quest with your main.
I will do this as well if the quest stays as it is, but IMO it's better to just make hosting repeatable than fooling around with an alt.
veryape wrote:And all the talk of some new points-based system, why? It gives out daily points.
Agreed.
veryape wrote:Also this quest gets a big crowd because it is not possible for everyone to start cindy all the time, if it was i guess people would soon get bored of it. Why don't you just gather a few friends and go down to the 10 yeti room south of Cindy if you want to torture a bunch of yetis?
While I think that the fun at the quest can't be compared with the regular room you mentioned because of the location and the way the yetis spawn I believe you might be right about your first sentence in this quote.

Not quite sure, I'd love to hear more opinions to get a better feeling for this.
Main characters: