GM event 25/1 2014

A place for players to do role playing, discuss their guilds, etc.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

GM event 25/1 2014

Post by veryape »

Hello,

I on the behalf of the GM team is glad to announce that we will hold a GM event 25th of January server time 20:00 to 21:00. (Server time = UTC)

This will be a hide an seek with all the present GM's to be found, the rules are simple the first three that finds all of us gets an award from the GM storage as usual.

However since it could take quite some time to find all the GM's we have decided to set a max timer for the event to one hour. This hard limit will only be used if all the gm's are not found by three people. What we will do then is to see who first found 2 or 1 and they will be named winners.

I hope to see you guys there!

If you have any questions please post them in this thread.
Last edited by veryape on 17 Jan 2014, 20:40, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Changed it from announcement to a regular post
Characters: veryape / Captain Dunce / Elvara / veryapeGM
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Re: GM event 25/1 2014

Post by o11c »

I assume the evidence will be "say something in chat so that it appears in the GM's logs."

But, there is still a potential ambiguity if multiple people find the last GM in the same minute, since ManaPlus doesn't log seconds ...
Former programmer for the TMWA server.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Actually the plan is to have a piratepad where we all put down the people who is in our range in the order they find us. But since this is the first time we do such an event there might be problems that we did not foresee.

We hope that it will work without any problems, but as always when it is the first of something there can always occur problems that we did not think about.
Marko Miyamura
Peon
Peon

Post by Marko Miyamura »

Rewards? Heheh :alt-0:
Trying to be a normal person in this crazy world
ImageImageImageImage
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Marko Miyamura wrote:Rewards? Heheh :alt-0:
As all of those events works the same when it comes to rewards:
prsm wrote:We (being the GM team and Frost) have acquired many rare items and these items will be used
for prizes at the event. At the event we will have an alt called "Gm Storage", GM Storage will have
a full inventory (all 100 slots will be full). The items will always include at least one ultra rare (like
an eye patch or scarab), rare hats , various armor and other assorted goodies. If you are lucky
enough to win at the event, you will be asked to pick a number between 1-100, and you will
receive what ever GM Storage has in that slot.
So with a bit of luck the reward could be really nice.
straelyn
Novice
Novice

Post by straelyn »

sounds like fun! :alt-3:
end of line.
Haldric
Peon
Peon

Post by Haldric »

Oh no! What a bad luck for me. Cannot attend the event because that server time in my country is about 2 or 3 AM. :alt-4:
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

Haldric wrote:Oh no! What a bad luck for me. Cannot attend the event because that server time in my country is about 2 or 3 AM. :alt-4:
same for me sadly, can't make it on saturdays. Hope everyone has fun :)
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

Could not make event either as 20:00 server time was 6:00am for me. Perhaps GMs would consider hosting some events so those of us in the easternmost parts of the eastern hemisphere might also enjoy? 10:00pm for me is 12:00 server time. Just a suggestion. I do not know how many active players there are in my part of the world, but I think some of us would appreciate feeling included in some wider game activity.
veryape
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by veryape »

Crazyk8e wrote:Could not make event either as 20:00 server time was 6:00am for me. Perhaps GMs would consider hosting some events so those of us in the easternmost parts of the eastern hemisphere might also enjoy? 10:00pm for me is 12:00 server time. Just a suggestion. I do not know how many active players there are in my part of the world, but I think some of us would appreciate feeling included in some wider game activity.
We had discussions about what time the event should take place when it was discussed. We opted for a time that would be suitable for both Americans/South Americanns and Europeans.

We have also been talking about asians/australians and how to make events where they can join in. Unfortunately whatever time we pick someone would get left out.

We are taking this into considerations, however it is always the easiest way out to leave out the guys from that timezone, because there is not a big crowd in game and we do not have a gm that lives in that timezone.

Hopefully you guys can join in on the next event.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

As an administrator, Freeyorp should be able to be able to hold such events from time to time, and afaik he lives in the time zone which is spoken about. Silent dawn could also do it during the European morning when RL lets her do it.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Nard wrote:As an administrator, Freeyorp should be able to be able to hold such events
Administrators don't hold events (though they may assist GMs in preparation, e.g. if items need to be spawned).
Crazyk8e
Novice
Novice

Post by Crazyk8e »

Maybe it would help if it didn't always feel like GM events were held at times only convenient to Europeans and Americans. People might want to consider getting more GMs from my part of the world so that a) you can have a GM online in game nearly all the time, and b) so that he/she/they can host events for them, whether alone or with other GMs who are also available.
Freeyorp101
Archivist Prime
Archivist Prime

Post by Freeyorp101 »

o11c wrote:
Nard wrote:As an administrator, Freeyorp should be able to be able to hold such events
Administrators don't hold events (though they may assist GMs in preparation, e.g. if items need to be spawned).
Is that a "don't" as in "not required by the job description" or a "don't" as in "this is now forbidden"? I've run events in the past.

---Freeyorp
(09:58:17) < tux9th> Freeyorp: your sig on the forums is kind of outdated
o11c
Grand Knight
Grand Knight

Post by o11c »

Freeyorp101 wrote:
o11c wrote:
Is that a "don't" as in "not required by the job description" or a "don't" as in "this is now forbidden"? I've run events in the past.
When I became an admin and did a spawn party, I was told to stay out of GM business unless asked.

Hm, I don't see it actually written in the charter (which was written later) that events are in the domain of GMs.