Looking a developer to use my idea for a rose hat

All development of pixel art, maps and other graphics.

sango98
Novice
Novice

Looking a developer to use my idea for a rose hat

Post by sango98 »

I'm not a developer but I wanted to suggest an idea for a new hat inspired by the character koan from naruto
I don't know how to make these items for the mana world and I would like a developer to use my idea
I think the rose should be dye able how what ever side the developer would like to make it would be fine .
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Re: Looking a developer to use my idea for a rose hat

Post by Crush »

That would be very easy to do.

It would be a great practice task for a new pixel artist.

Are you sure you don't want to learn how to do that yourself? Developers are usually not very motivated to work for other peoples ideas.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
Alige
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Alige »

Crush wrote:Developers are usually not very motivated to work for other peoples ideas.
I agree with the "usually" since back when I was a developer, I did have fun helping with others' ideas sometimes.

Ali
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

Well, I had a go, idk if it you can tell it looks like a rose hat, but please noone try wearing it whilst bald and dyed red, becuase it looks like someone has hacked away at your skull :oops:

I will make it recolourable if you like it and will also do an icon :)
Attachments
Rose Hat .xml Frames.png
Rose Hat .xml Frames.png (571 Bytes) Viewed 6505 times
Rose Hat Example.png
Rose Hat Example.png (2.64 KiB) Viewed 6505 times
Crush
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Crush »

How about adding a few more colors like yellow or purple? That way it would look like a more exotic flower. Although that could also be done through dyeing when you would use more brightness levels.

An inventory icon is still needed, by the way.
  • former Manasource Programmer
  • former TMW Pixel artist
  • NOT a game master

Please do not send me any inquiries regarding player accounts on TMW.

You might have heard a certain rumor about me. This rumor is completely false. You might also have heard the other rumor about me. This rumor is 100% accurate.
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

The only problem I can see with this idea (which I like, by the way :) ) is that I can't see it suiting most, or even many hairstyles. In fact, I'd probably say it'd work better as an optional hairstyle, if there were no concerns about max limits of how many hairstyles can be added.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

i really like this hat ...i all so think the rose should be dye able...nice job so far

----skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Yeah, hey, yay"---Nirvana
sango98
Novice
Novice

Post by sango98 »

I love your work Nami
^^ yeah it wouldn't go with most hair styles I didn't think about the hair styles >.<
mistergrey
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by mistergrey »

That wasn't to be discouraging :P. I just think, it has to be done so it fits with the bald sprite rather than "on" a hairstyle, so it will at least "fit" other hairstyles even if it doesn't look great on some. For all I know that's how Nami fit it already, I was too lazy to try it on GIMP haha.
Tiana wrote: I apologize if I gave anyone the impression that BC is the troll-king of the GM's. That title is rightfully held by mrgrey :P
<Mistakes> you are too difficult to troll

<Frost> Germans have Chess Boxing. English have Cheese Racing.
<Frost> I'm slightly terrified what the Russians consider violent sport.
<o11c> chatroulette

<Jaxad0127> YOu can't grab yourself.
<Jaxad0127> Elenore explicitly prevents it.
<Mistakes> speak for yourself
cardmaster
Novice
Novice

Post by cardmaster »

skipy wrote:i really like this hat ...i all so think the rose should be dye able...nice job so far

----skipy
I agree its best to make it dyable
In Game Name:
zack fair 199
Zackox
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

love it still.... but would like to have a stem(behind ear?) or a strap.
i would like to use this in a up coming quest.

can you add a stem or strap ?? or if it not can i? @Nami97 and sango98

--skipy
back to working on---> (crypt)then(player 1.5) and more. *been on hold do to my laptop being fix* any feel free to add/help. ill be up and working as soon as i can ...good luck to all.

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
Nami
Novice
Novice

Post by Nami »

Did some more work on it..
I don't know if this is what you wanted Skipy for the stem, please feel free to try yourself, and/or improve anything- same goes for anyone :)

It's difficult to show the yellow and purple hue which Crush mentioned, because it is a small piece of art :?

I'm using red at the moment, but when it is finished, I'll make it recolour-able and will also work on the icon when I have some time, thanks for the feedback everyone!
Attachments
Rose Hat .xml Frames 2.png
Rose Hat .xml Frames 2.png (914 Bytes) Viewed 6327 times
Chicka-Maria
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Chicka-Maria »

this is coming out nicely the steam idea is great and it would fit nicely on just about any hairstyle now even the bald ones. When i had a short hair cut nothing would stay in my hair. but you cant cut off your ear ... ;) unless your van gogh.
This is supose to go behind the ear no?
Yubaba
TMWC Member of The Mana World
Leader of The Mana Empire (TME)
[19:41] Ladysugar: he told me to push a setzer up his rear
www.deviantart.com/comfycheeks - Old Deviant Art
William James wrote:Act as If what you do make's a difference, because It does.
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Chicka-Maria wrote:this is coming out nicely the steam idea is great and it would fit nicely on just about any hairstyle now even the bald ones. When i had a short hair cut nothing would stay in my hair. but you cant cut off your ear ... ;) unless your van gogh.
This is supose to go behind the ear no?
Nami97 wrote:Did some more work on it..
I don't know if this is what you wanted Skipy for the stem, please feel free to try yourself, and/or improve anything- same goes for anyone :)

It's difficult to show the yellow and purple hue which Crush mentioned, because it is a small piece of art :?

I'm using red at the moment, but when it is finished, I'll make it recolour-able and will also work on the icon when I have some time, thanks for the feedback everyone!
so far so good. this is a hat van gogh could where ears or no ears ...i think of it as the thorns holding it to the players head (beauty and pain :twisted: :mrgreen: :twisted: )...ill look at it closer in gimp ....but i really like what i see, well done.

---skipy

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido
skipy
Knight
Knight

Post by skipy »

Nami97 wrote:Did some more work on it..

all i did was fit it to a sprite and look....i like it as is...i reset the frame placement so the xml would be easy to make ...it still needs a icon ..other then that the pixels are done(imo). :mrgreen: im adding the frames so they fit the "captain_hat" xml
nice job Nami...feel free(anyone) to edit add-to(thorns maybe).

----skipy
Attachments
graphics-sprites-head-rose_hat.png
graphics-sprites-head-rose_hat.png (912 Bytes) Viewed 6293 times

"A mulatto, an albino
A mosquito, my libido