TEST: some additions in items.xml used by manaplus

Content and general development discussion, including quest scripts and server code. TMW Classic is a project comprising the Legacy tmwAthena server & the designated improved engine server based on evolHercules.

Forum rules

This forum houses many years of development, tracing back to some of the earliest posts that exist on the board.

Its current use is for the continued development of the server and game it has always served: TMW Classic.

Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

TEST: some additions in items.xml used by manaplus

Post by Jenalya »

We added some changes on the testserver that are used by manaplus.
This is
1) A tag for potions, used be manaplus' inventory filter and sorting options.
2) Replacement logic for some combinations of certain hairstyles with certain hats.

Those changes are currently only used by manaplus and should be ignored by the mana client.

Please check out different hairstyles with different hats with both manaplus and mana in different versions and tell us with which client-version(s) you tested and what effects you observed. Also feedback on more hair replacements is welcome.

About the potion tag used in the filter options, can you think about more possible filter options that would be useful to you?
Nard
Knight
Knight

Re: TEST: some additions in items.xml used by manaplus

Post by Nard »

Hello Jenalya :)

I got an error 403 from the update server (both testing and ubstable servers); I don't know if I I have the last one :/

Additionally; do you want we try all hat / haircut couples or specific haircuts only?
If I understand well, code such as;

Code: Select all

<replace direction="right" sprite="hair">
            <item from="-13"/>
            <item from="-14" to="-16"/>
            <item from="-15" to="-8"/>
        </replace>
makes hat replace haircut in movement to the east side for all mentioned frames to avoid the previous "hair outside the hat". Am I right?
Would you like us also to test if it has no influence on mana client?

Potions: at the moment Manaplus sorts potions quite well, thus I wonder a bit what difference I am supposed to see :/

Possible tags:
  • armor, secondary tags: head, hand, leg, foot, color.
  • weapon, secondary tags: range/hand/missile.
  • charms
  • food
  • magic (spell ingredients)
  • Raw material
  • Quest item
  • Rare (items with less than a certain number in game)
  • valuable (I mean designed to be sold)
  • useless
  • outfit (used in outfits :) )
Of course the tags I suggest imply that some objects can appear under several selection. I hope this will help. :)

Cordially yours,

Nard
Jenalya wrote:We added some changes on the testserver that are used by manaplus.
This is
1) A tag for potions, used be manaplus' inventory filter and sorting options.
2) Replacement logic for some combinations of certain hairstyles with certain hats.

Those changes are currently only used by manaplus and should be ignored by the mana client.

Please check out different hairstyles with different hats with both manaplus and mana in different versions and tell us with which client-version(s) you tested and what effects you observed. Also feedback on more hair replacements is welcome.

About the potion tag used in the filter options, can you think about more possible filter options that would be useful to you?
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
"If you optimize everything, you will always be unhappy." Donald Knuth.
Jenalya
TMW Adviser
TMW Adviser

Post by Jenalya »

Nard wrote:I got an error 403 from the update server (both testing and ubstable servers); I don't know if I I have the last one :/
Thanks for reporting this, just tuX9th fixed it. :)
Nard wrote:makes hat replace haircut in movement to the east side for all mentioned frames to avoid the previous "hair outside the hat". Am I right?
Right, that tags are about replacing the hairstyle with another one when wearing certain hat equipment, to avoid the hair sticking out of the hat issue.
Nard wrote:Additionally; do you want we try all hat / haircut couples or specific haircuts only?
4144, could you provide a list for the testers which hairstyles and hats to test?
Nard wrote:Would you like us also to test if it has no influence on mana client?
With the mana client, it's mostly to check that it doesn't break/crash with those tags.
Nard wrote: Potions: at the moment Manaplus sorts potions quite well, thus I wonder a bit what difference I am supposed to see :/
Do you use the custom updates provided for manaplus? There this changes are already included.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

in tags I may add buyable.
"The language of everyday life is clogged with sentiment, and the science of human nature has not advanced so far that we can describe individual sentiment in a clear way." Lancelot Hogben, Mathematics for the Million.
“There are two motives for reading a book; one, that you enjoy it; the other, that you can boast about it.” Bertrand Russell, Conquest of Happiness.
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Jenalya wrote:
Nard wrote:Additionally; do you want we try all hat / haircut couples or specific haircuts only?
4144, could you provide a list for the testers which hairstyles and hats to test?
I not checked all hairs, i think left new items, or new hair styles for old hats.

Also look like here need add pseudo hair styles with id < -20. For example to fix problem with hair -4 (emo) and wizard hat.
Here impossible to fix it correctly if replace hair to any from existing hair. I suggest create new for example -44 = -40-4 (here 40 reserved space for future hats) and -4 normal id.
In new pseudo hats should be cutted some bad pixels from top and may be left and right.
Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by Nard »

While we are speaking about masking problems, may I suggest that hand armor is drawn before chest armor to avoid over-dimensioned gloves such as cotton, fur or silk ones which should appear under the sleeves in my opinion instead of upper now.
This could cause problem in case some armlets (not shields) are introduced. Then I cannot see any other solution than introduce a tag that tells the client when the item has to be drawn.

Nard
Knight
Knight

Post by 4144 »

Nard wrote:While we are speaking about masking problems, may I suggest that hand armor is drawn before chest armor to avoid over-dimensioned gloves such as cotton, fur or silk ones which should appear under the sleeves in my opinion instead of upper now.
This could cause problem in case some armlets (not shields) are introduced. Then I cannot see any other solution than introduce a tag that tells the client when the item has to be drawn.

Nard
Reorder feature already implimented.
I think I will add docs about reorder soon http://manaplus.evolonline.org/items.xml
Need use attributes or tags drawBefore, drawAfter, drawPriority